Harland and Wolff

PBP voter

Last edited:

galteeman

This was the pride of the Irish fishing fleet and my living,
8581976411_93eeb9164c_m.jpg

It was set on fire by Harland and Wolff, she burned for 2 days, 2 days we helped the fire brigades and tried to salvage the crews personal belongings, the dockers taunted us, the entire time we were never offered as much as a slice of bread. I have never been in a place so full of hatred and bigotry and am happy that its closing down.
maybe those dockers were conscientious objectors to the raping of our seas just to make a short term profit for a few fishermen?.

death or glory

maybe those dockers were conscientious objectors to the raping of our seas just to make a short term profit for a few fishermen?.
This is makey up.
The ship went on fore during routine maintenance, no foul play at all just bigots and conspiracy theorists.

galteeman

This is makey up.
The ship went on fore during routine maintenance, no foul play at all just bigots and conspiracy theorists.
just because you pronounce if fore in your silly accent doesn't mean it's spelt that way!

death or glory

just because you pronounce if fore in your silly accent doesn't mean it's spelt that way!
Ha, ha.
I laughed tirty tree times at that joke.
Dem gypsy accents are hilarious.

RasherHash

Someone mentioned the Irish Navy, I think our last two ships were built in Britain, our government should look at the feasibility of them being built in H&W and similar into the future as part of any new settlement based on the current impass.

Mickeymac

Someone mentioned the Irish Navy, I think our last two ships were built in Britain, our government should look at the feasibility of them being built in H&W and similar into the future as part of any new settlement based on the current impass.

You gottabe kiddin pal, the Brits will be much too busy building their own armada to bring the EU to heel, the failed empire will strike back 😂

PBP voter

Irish ferry companies use Cammell Laird in Birkenhead for their maintenance.
Maybe H&W should try to get into that market.

Mickeymac

Irish ferry companies use Cammell Laird in Birkenhead for their maintenance.
Maybe H&W should try to get into that market.

Reading your link, it would appear to me, Irish Ferry companies have opted for the better competitor.

PBP voter

Reading your link, it would appear to me, Irish Ferry companies have opted for the better competitor.
You wouldn't understand being a Yank.

Glaucon

I don't give a shît what their politics are or whether they identify as British, Irish or Martians, this closure will lead to parents on the dole and families undergoing tremendous hardship. A hungry belly knows no political or religious allegiance. The past is the past, leave it there. These workers should be supported.

AhNowStop

The most famous ship they ever constructed didn't last four days in the Atlantic ffs.
Apparently when the fateful news reached the H&W drawing offices and a messenger boy told the the chief draftsman it had sunk he replied:-
"what, all of it" :unsure: :eek:

Last edited:

PBP voter

benroe

This is makey up.
It was a repair job, not maintenance and who said anything about foul play? What I was outlining was the extreme sectarian hatred against the crew and owner before during and after the event.

wombat

Apparently when the fateful news reached the H&W drawing offices and a messenger boy told the the chief designer it had sunk he replied:-
"what, all of it" :unsure: :eek:
A bit of a trick considering he was on the Titanic when it sank.

Herr Rommel

Always brings a warm feeling inside seeing another bastion of the orange boys go the way of the dinosaur.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies