Harland and Wolff

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
A great reason for voting against an UI. Let Belfast rot, along with the rest of NI.
I'm not certain I'd agree that this would be a sensible policy at any time. That's pretty much the Thatcher attitude within the Conservative Party for anything north of the 'Home Countries'.

I don't think a policy of division would do much to heal many ills.

raetsel

You want to see our taxes pumped into Belfast at the expense of Cork, Limerick and Galway?

No thanks.
Coming from someone who lives in an economy which was a nett recipient of taxes from the EU for over four decades, that sounds suspiciously like a brainfart from a shameless sponger......
Belfast dominated Ireland's economy before partition and generated most of the country's wealth. It will rise to the top again when the border is gone. Besides, Belfast is already relatively prosperous. The problems lie elsewhere.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Belfast, Dublin, Galway, Cork, Limerick and Tullybarna have a lot more in common as cities than Belfast would have with any English city. Belfast might be closest to Edinburgh, or could easily be if it wanted to be.

Tir Eoghain

A great reason for voting against an UI. Let Belfast rot, along with the rest of NI.
Why even comment when you are obviously clueless and an imbicile into the bargain.

I have to laugh at these west brits who claim their brothers and sisters in the six counties will no longer be left to rot in a rotten statelet.

Leo, hun, we're watching!

Tir Eoghain

Belfast, Dublin, Galway, Cork, Limerick and Tullybarna have a lot more in common as cities than Belfast would have with any English city. Belfast might be closest to Edinburgh, or could easily be if it wanted to be.
Belfast for all it.s faults has alot more in common with Cork or city centre Dublin than any English city that I ever seen.

Take away the offensive city centre street names and you have a normal run of the mill Irish working city.

raetsel

It has not passed me by that most profit before people supporters are also racists and bigots.
PBP's Gerry Carroll didn't sign the anti Brexit letter signed by all the other pro Remain MLAs. Time West Belfast voters caught themselves on and kicked that Trotskyite fraud out.
Nationalists cannot afford the luxury of voting for airy-fairy leftists with unattainable aspirations.

death or glory

PBP's Gerry Carroll didn't sign the anti Brexit letter signed by all the other pro Remain MLAs. Time West Belfast voters caught themselves on and kicked that Trotskyite fraud out.
Nationalists cannot afford the luxury of voting for airy-fairy leftists with unattainable aspirations.
Says the sectarian bigot who keeps dreaming of a united ireland.

raetsel

Says the sectarian bigot who keeps dreaming of a united ireland.
:rolleyes:
Wanting a united Ireland is bigoted?
Has anyone told Emmanuel Macron?

Macron went even further with the suggestion that Irish reunification and integration of the entire island in the EU “would solve all the problems”. To be a fly on the shoulder of Arlene Foster.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Oh to see in the news a parade of stately galleons of France, Spain, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands all facing into the wind and a ripple of cannons all firing the same size ball.

Wouldn't it be fun to see all these European governments pointing out one by one that reunification in Ireland would entirely solve the backstop problem.

death or glory

Oh to see in the news a parade of stately galleons of France, Spain, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands all facing into the wind and a ripple of cannons all firing the same size ball.

Wouldn't it be fun to see all these European governments pointing out one by one that reunification in Ireland would entirely solve the backstop problem.
Maybe they are not that stupid and don't make policy by dreams.
Wouldn't it be fun to see all the European governments saying that Eire rejoining the UK would solve the backstop problem.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Maybe they are not that stupid and don't make policy by dreams.
Wouldn't it be fun to see all the European governments saying that Eire rejoining the UK would solve the backstop problem.
odds just in from the Ecumenical Betting Agency (Turf Accountants to the Clergy);

(1) Other European governments stumbling upon the very obvious resolution of Northern Ireland involves reunification (13/10)

(2) The idea that other European governments would even involve themselves publicly in an attempt to over throw sovereignty in one of those nations (1,000/1).

bang bang

odds just in from the Ecumenical Betting Agency (Turf Accountants to the Clergy);

(1) Other European governments stumbling upon the very obvious resolution of Northern Ireland involves reunification (13/10)

(2) The idea that other European governments would even involve themselves publicly in an attempt to over throw sovereignty in one of those nations (1,000/1).
Doggy will go to Scotland with Arlene, oh wait! LMFAO

death or glory

And you didn't mention the odds on favourite coming in at 1:1000,
That at the last minute in the brunt reality of facing a no deal Brexit, the EU and Eire will backdown and change the backstop and beg the British government to accept it.

raetsel

And you didn't mention the odds on favourite coming in at 1:1000,
That at the last minute in the brunt reality of facing a no deal Brexit, the EU and Eire will backdown and change the backstop and beg the British government to accept it.
Well, that's what you're desperately hoping for...............................otherwise your farm is f*cked.
What is being actually acted out here is that Boris is holding a gun to the UK's head, screaming "I'll do it! I'll shoot!" and hoping that the EU will give in. And now he has resorted to the most insane tactic of all - the temporary (we hope:eek:) suspension of parliamentary democracy in the UK in order to pressurise the EU. I may be wrong, but I believe that the EU are even less likely to concede any ground under those circumstances. The consequences of 'cracking' in response to such ridiculous antics would make them look like total wimps and pushovers, and open them to ridicule internationally. They will never put themselves in that position.
Unless Bojo backs down, you're in for a tough time trying to move that milk at a sensible price.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Mm. And the US is also going to 'back down' I suppose and give the UK the trade deal of the century.

Seems to me like there is something of Walter Mitty about this UK cabinet. And of course the DUPpers have always had something of Walter Mitty about them.

death or glory

Mm. And the US is also going to 'back down' I suppose and give the UK the trade deal of the century.

Seems to me like there is something of Walter Mitty about this UK cabinet. And of course the DUPpers have always had something of Walter Mitty about them.
Did I not see the US president tweet yesterday that Boris is a great leader and he loves the UK,
Sounds like a man who wants a trade deal with the UK.
Get the troops of yours trained for border duties.
Rock on 1st October.

Glaucon

Did I not see the US president tweet yesterday that Boris is a great leader and he loves the UK,
Sounds like a man who wants a trade deal with the UK.
Get the troops of yours trained for border duties.
Rock on 1st October.
1st November, DOG. The US President cannot make trade deals on his own, approval lies within the province of the Congress (a Congress with a powerful Irish-American constituency).

As for troops and border duties, the PSNI has stated numerous times that No Deal Brexit presents terrible risks for police officers. Have you now become a Tyrone Jamie Bryson muttering about PSNIRA?

New Threads

Most Replies