Harland and Wolff

Mickeymac

1st November, DOG. The US President cannot make trade deals on his own, approval lies within the province of the Congress (a Congress with a powerful Irish-American constituency).

As for troops and border duties, the PSNI has stated numerous times that No Deal Brexit presents terrible risks for police officers. Have you now become a Tyrone Jamie Bryson muttering about PSNIRA?

The Senate will back Congress on this...trust me.

raetsel

Did I not see the US president tweet yesterday that Boris is a great leader and he loves the UK,
Sounds like a man who wants a trade deal with the UK.
Get the troops of yours trained for border duties.
Rock on 1st October.
It's the 1st of November you eejit.
And where were you when Nancy Pelosi visited your near neighbours in Derry back in April? During her Irish visit she had a bit of bad news for you and Trump on a trade deal.
Trump can do agree all the trade deals he wants. Congress has the final say, and the Democrats control the HoR. The Democrats say they won't approve a UK trade deal if there is a hard border in Ireland, and they will also win support from GOP Irish Americans in the Senate.

PBP voter

Marcella

luggage

Great news for Belfast.
Is it? Hard not to believe it is a political stroke just when an embattled UK PM needs a support. Arlene and Dodd were in Downing Street discussing Brexit. What was promised and agreed?

Marcella

Wright bus circling the drain as well. I’ve lost count of the amount of job losses in Antrim in recent years. I’ve little sympathy for Wright, his working practices belong to the pre 1970s rather than a 21st century business.

He’ll find it hard now to publicly push the ‘opportunities’ of brexit with any credibility given his failure.

The job losses are small fry though given brave Jeffrey Donaldson says he could live with 40,000 losses post brexit.

Mickeymac

Wright bus circling the drain as well. I’ve lost count of the amount of job losses in Antrim in recent years. I’ve little sympathy for Wright, his working practices belong to the pre 1970s rather than a 21st century business.

He’ll find it hard now to publicly push the ‘opportunities’ of brexit with any credibility given his failure.

The job losses are small fry though given brave Jeffrey Donaldson says he could live with 40,000 losses post brexit.

Felt I had to bump your post Marcella, given the current circumstances.👍

runwiththewind

Interesting game to play in the head. Suppose you were Minister of Finance for the Island of Ireland. Belfast, for all sorts of reasons requires significant attention from Government. I'd be heavily inclined in view of low property prices, availability of a workforce, lower rates and taxes to position Belfast as a new digital powerhouse with special concessions for companies in the tech sector through a dedicated 'scale-up' assisting system.

Probably over the squawks of protesting Dublin, Cork, Galway but in fairness those cities would understand why the attempt at rebirth and regeneration in Belfast would be a high priority.
If there's billions to spend, spend it in the west, Midlands and south of Ireland and Cork, Galway, Waterford and Linerick.

There's no magic bullet for NI. It's sectarianism will last generations.

Pyewacket

You know what I found today? The NHS in NI needs 322 million pounds this year just to keep functioning.

The Cash for Ash scam cost 500 million a year.

What a parcel of shit heads the DUP are.

PBP voter

Pyewacket

DUP spaffed millions and millions into the hands of their dodgy little Brethren, because they think the British tax payer will just pay and pay.

I mean, they went out and TOLD the greedy little farmers, burn these pellets from our forestries and lumber mills ( all together, family concern) and keep f*ucking chicken sheds lit up more than a minor African state.

You could see the hot spots from Mars, in Northern bloody Ireland. Lit up like Shang Hai.

DUP are Mafia. Just crims.

PBP voter

You know what I found today? The NHS in NI needs 322 million pounds this year just to keep functioning.

The Cash for Ash scam cost 500 million a year.

What a parcel of shit heads the DUP are.
DUP spaffed millions and millions into the hands of their dodgy little Brethren, because they think the British tax payer will just pay and pay.

I mean, they went out and TOLD the greedy little farmers, burn these pellets from our forestries and lumber mills ( all together, family concern) and keep f*ucking chicken sheds lit up more than a minor African state.

You could see the hot spots from Mars, in Northern bloody Ireland. Lit up like Shang Hai.

DUP are Mafia. Just crims.
In March 2018, David Sterling, who served as Permanent Secretary of DETI at the time of the scheme's implementation, claimed that civil servants "broke their own rules to acquiesce in the DUP and Sinn Féin's desire for secrecy".[55] Sterling, who is currently running Northern Ireland as its top civil servant, claimed that the DUP and Sinn Féin wanted to thwart Freedom of Information requests and meetings were not minuted so information could not be made available to the public through these requests. Sterling also said that "there was a belief among senior civil servants and politicians that Northern Ireland should get as much money from the Treasury as possible".[55]

death or glory

Pyewacket

Oro se do bheatha bhaile ...

The British do not give a f*uck and good on them, why should they?

Dearghoul

The feckin Brits don't get me started, Harland and Wolff, a shipyard is it don't get me started, The feckin Irish think they know it all, about Harland and Wolff, ships, is it, don't get me started.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom