Harney warns of 'substantial and enormous' health cutbacks

eoghanacht

eoghanacht

front line. no doubt about it.
I'd like to disagree with you but i fear you may be right.

More unnecessary deaths on the way. How much did they spend on preventative medicine for bird flu 'epidemic'.

Fingers crossed i or no-one belong to me fails ill this winter.

Holy Cow

She is going to stop taking a salary and expenses? That will save a lot.

Holy Cow

How can Harney say there will be massive cutbacks without FG and Labour agreeing? I thought they all wanted cross party agreement?

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

I'd like to disagree with you but i fear you may be right.

More unnecessary deaths on the way. How much did they spend on prveentative medicine for bird flu 'epidemic'.

Fingers crossed i or no-one belong to me fails ill this winter.
It's the PD agenda. Cut, cut, cut until people get so disillusioned with the Public Health System that they'll take out health insurance.

Win, win for Mary and the state in a regulated insurance market where the largest insurer is a semi-state. Screw the patient, think of the profit! Bonanza.

borntorum

What the hell do all the bureaucrats in Hawkins House Department of Health actually do all day? Isn't the HSE meant to be running the health system?

True Republican

Ditch the disgusting Croke Park deal and health cuts mightn't be so draconian, well there is always the IMF to ditch the croke park deal.

constitutionus

front line. no doubt about it.

yup.

if its a choice between sacking nurses or cutting the medical consultants wages to 100k the nurses will lose out everytime.

stuff like this is why i think a fair whack of the public wouldnt mind the IMF coming in !

Holy Cow

yup.

if its a choice between sacking nurses or cutting the medical consultants wages to 100k the nurses will lose out everytime.

stuff like this is why i think a fair whack of the public wouldnt mind the IMF coming in !

Its all the useless admin staff and other pen pushers that need to be fired.

The OD

Harney and the words ''substantial and enormous'' in the same sentence.

I have to kick myself to remain polite on this one.

Oh and of course it will be front line services on the block.

True Republican

They could rid of at least 50% of middle managemenht, all the admin staff, outsource all the cleaning and porting jobs and get rid of 7,000 nurses, we have far too many nurses in the health service.

And before people say anything increase the number of hours taht nurses work from 37.5 to 42.

realistic1

It's the PD agenda. Cut, cut, cut until people get so disillusioned with the Public Health System that they'll take out health insurance.

Win, win for Mary and the state in a regulated insurance market where the largest insurer is a semi-state. Screw the patient, think of the profit! Bonanza.
This is a legacy of our Celtic Tiger, a job well done from a 'Let them eat Cake' supporter May Harney.

anewbeginning

More than likely frontline.

Soon the health service will be similar to the business of her hero, Michael O'Leary.

You will have to pay for everything.

You may even have to drive the ambulance yourself.

realistic1

They could rid of at least 50% of middle managemenht, all the admin staff, outsource all the cleaning and porting jobs and get rid of 7,000 nurses, we have far too many nurses in the health service.

And before people say anything increase the number of hours taht nurses work from 37.5 to 42.
are you in Love with Mary Harney??? 'get rid of 7,000 nurses, we have far too many nurses in the health service'. Have you ever been in a State Hospital? Go away and have a w**k for yourself, you Ghoul.

anewbeginning

There's only one problem. It's the admin staff and useless pen pushers who more often than not decide which jobs are cut.

They will never cut their own jobs.

Holy Cow

They should also look at theft. I know of one hospital kitchen that feeds a lot more then the patients. A number of people working there walk out with lots of food each week.

New Threads

Most Replies