Harry Dean Stanton, RIP

former wesleyan

Harry Dean Stanton : RIP.

Hollywood star Harry Dean Stanton dies aged 91

Stanton died peacefully at Cedars Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, his agent John Kelly said in a statement.
In a career spanning 60 years, Stanton worked with some of Hollywood’s most notable directors, including Frances Ford Coppola (The Godfather Part Two, and One From the Heart); Sam Peckinpah (Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid); Martin Scorsese (The Last Temptation of Christ); David Lynch (Wild at Heart, The Straight Story, and Inland Empire) and Ridley Scott (Alien).
Finest character actor of his generation imho.

here's a clip from his best work:

[video=youtube;dCisln-xLLo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCisln-xLLo[/video]

<Mod> This thread has been merged with "Harry Dean Stanton, RIP". </Mod>

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellen Ripley

The iconic character actor, who had a long and varied career spanning almost 60 years, has died aged 91.

The epitome of cool, he had an 'actor's face' in that he inhabited his roles, a gift that induced 'face-blindness' in the viewer -- you never felt you were watching Harry Dean Stanton, just the character he was playing.
Many will remember him from roles in Paris, Texas and Twin Peaks.

Harry Dean Stanton Dead: 'Paris, Texas' Star Was 91 | Hollywood Reporter

Harry Dean Stanton Remembered: “There Went A Great One,” David Lynch Says | Deadline

[video=youtube;EIMIgNgbYz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIMIgNgbYz0[/video]

Safe Home, Harry.

L'Chaim

I'm surprised he was 91. I really didn't think he was that old. Great actor though

Dub01

I knew these people..

Spirit Of Newgrange

paris, texas. brilliant performance.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Rots is putting black border round the Estate.

[video=youtube;ckulh3cSPuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckulh3cSPuU[/video]

Niall996

Ryanair is an emergency last resort for me. Avoid them at all costs if I can. They're not particularly cheap for a start, that's an old myth. And even if they're sometimes twenty or thirty euros cheaper than the proper airlines who cares? Are people really that poor and attach so little value to their own personal time that they'd tolerate such appalling insulting treatment. Seriously, Ryanair are a disgusting company who show open derision for their 'mugged' customers. And always have, as expressed many times joyfully over the years by Ireland Donal Trump, that ranting cretin buffoon O'Leary.

sic transit

Ryanair is an emergency last resort for me. Avoid them at all costs if I can. They're not particularly cheap for a start, that's an old myth. And even if they're sometimes twenty or thirty euros cheaper than the proper airlines who cares? Are people really that poor and attach so little value to their own personal time that they'd tolerate such appalling insulting treatment. Seriously, Ryanair are a disgusting company who show open derision for their 'mugged' customers. And always have, as expressed many times joyfully over the years by Ireland Donal Trump, that ranting cretin buffoon O'Leary.
Eh completely wrong thread for this! :)

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
I know; hadn't seen Wes's thread in Chat, blame it on the lateness of the hour..:oops:

Its all right Rip, your heart is certainly in the right place. And even Harry would appreciate the irony of even in death getting overlooked ....:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 45466

RIP

"Jonesy, c'mon Jonesy....kitty, kitty, kitty....meooooouww..."

[video=youtube;3YTIMGmZUr4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YTIMGmZUr4[/video]

New Threads

Most Replies