Has a politically connected killer been protected for over 20 years?

Dasayev

This is the claim of the family of Jo Jo Dollard.

It's yet another example where, perhaps political connections, as well as Garda malpractice have prevented a case from being solved.

Saoirse McGarrigle
The devastated family of missing Jo Jo Dullard [sic] claim her killer has been protected for more than two decades because of his strong political connections.
A senior Garda told Mary and her husband Martin at a meeting in 1996 officers knew the identity of the man who abducted, raped and killed Jo Jo...

But he also told them the investigation “won’t go anywhere”.
They also allege gardai engaged in a “smear campaign just like they did to Maurice McCabe” to quieten public interest in the case.
She claims officers made this “vulnerable woman” pretend she was with Jo Jo who was still alive when they travelled as far as Carlow to take the focus of the investigation out of the area where her body is buried.

Family of missing Jo Jo Dullard claim her killer has been protected for over 20 years by political connections - Irish Mirror Online

Last edited:

realistic1

firefly123

You know I would have stepped up and defended the garda in the past. Now I simply can't.
There is so much rotten in this little state of ours. A connected elite who have run the place since the foundation and probably before. The same surnames. The same families. Always the same.
At least in the UK they don't even hide it and stick Lord or lady at the start.

Socratus O' Pericles

I'm pretty sure the woman's name is spelled Dollard, btw...........

runwiththewind

Dasayev

wexfordman

You know I would have stepped up and defended the garda in the past. Now I simply can't.
There is so much rotten in this little state of ours. A connected elite who have run the place since the foundation and probably before. The same surnames. The same families. Always the same.
And sure isn't it great how we feathered their nests now with the so called rent allowance etc after they threatened the state.

Disband the feckers

Dasayev

Wasn't Jo Jo one of several women who went missing around the mid 90s?

Yes that's right. It has been speculated that a serial killer was on the loose. But you never know what to believe.

Dasayev

Have you heard about the Mary Boyle case?

Or Fr. Niall Molloy?

Why do you think that FF and FG need the axis of corruption to continue at all costs?

Yes. Both of those cases have been widely discussed on this site.

However we don't know exactly what went on in either murder. We need to know more before we can say what level of corruption was involved.

Roberto Jordan

2 things
1. Most of this is top down BS from politically dependent senior management in white shirts and Sam Browne's.
2.your note speaks to a wider issue. We are slaves to history. So is most of the world but post colonial nations that have never know social revolution or military defeat are particularly prone. If our Taoiseach, who inherited his seat parliament from his da, steps down he will be replaced by a clongowes boy who shares an alma Mater with reprobates lie lord brokeborough & other minor nobility whose brother seems to have been made CEO of a public company because of his surname OR an alumnus of kings hospital school whose existence is used to justify subventions of notating schoools because, you know,the poor parents of kind hospital , Alexandra college etc pupils need help in thispapist state.....
It's a hole of nepotism from top to bottom and Yes that is the sentiment of an embittered emigrant but so be it.
Dan Breen was a fupping psychopathic hitman but he was right , we should have cleared the whole thing out when we had the chance - the private school bishop ordering the CBS priest to do wrong, the kawyers doctors and other classic professionals who never earned less than their neighbors in more prosperous nations even when alll others were on their knees
We pretend we are a classless race devoid of major social distinction but my experience is entirely different

derryman

And while the old guard of FFG continue to shore up the defences and lose or burn all files of an incriminating Nature, we have their shills on here spout rubbish about SF
It is not going to change until you stop listening to the establishment and media and make the change where it needs to be made.

ger12

"Two years later that woman came to Mary saying she was the “999 girl”.

She apologised for lying, insisting she never saw Jo Jo and gardai had told her to make the false claim. Mary said: “I just told her it was OK. What else was I going to say? She told me she wasn’t well at the time and was frequently in the Garda station, so they knew her.”

She claims officers made this “vulnerable woman” pretend she was with Jo Jo who was still alive when they travelled as far as Carlow to take the focus of the investigation out of the area where her body is buried."

That's outrageous if true. These are very serious claims. Covering up a murder by the state forces? Who's going to act on this? Is this a lawless country for the politically connected and rich?

Family of missing Jo Jo Dullard claim her killer has been protected for over 20 years by political connections - Irish Mirror Online

realistic1

"Two years later that woman came to Mary saying she was the “999 girl”.

She apologised for lying, insisting she never saw Jo Jo and gardai had told her to make the false claim. Mary said: “I just told her it was OK. What else was I going to say? She told me she wasn’t well at the time and was frequently in the Garda station, so they knew her.”

She claims officers made this “vulnerable woman” pretend she was with Jo Jo who was still alive when they travelled as far as Carlow to take the focus of the investigation out of the area where her body is buried."

That's outrageous if true. These are very serious claims. Covering up a murder by the state forces? Who's going to act on this? Is this a lawless country for the politically connected and rich?

The Gardai have a record in using compromised woman.

Ian Bailey case: the main witnesses

ger12

The Gardai have a record in using compromised woman.

Ian Bailey case: the main witnesses
This is fúcken nuts. I've often thought of this poor girl, and what her family must be going through. But to hear that they believe it's a State sponsored cover up of her murder all these years ... Jesus, how fùcken lawless is this country ..

ger12

Very interesting but is there any actual evidence to support all these claims?
They believe what they're saying. What they've been told. Easy enough for this to be independently investigated to see if their belief is reality.

Not by the Gardaí. No one left in Ireland bar the odd citizen trusts the Gardaí now. Shameful when you think about it. How the small number of rotten apples destroy all trust.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies