• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Has any poster here ever ran in an election?

Bertie's Hat

In a local, general or European election.

If so, it would be interesting to hear your experience of it. For example:

- why did you decide to
- how much did you spend
- what sort of reaction did you get from people - family, friends, electorate
- what methods did you use to campaign
- what were your feelings after the results - any regrets and would you encourage others?

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

GDPR

Yes, Social Secretary of the Student Law Society.

- The dinners and parties were rubbish
- Nothing
- Overwhelming
- I got the voters drunk down the Wig and Gavel
- Delighted. It meant I had a sabbatical year, and could avoid that Property II exam I had not studied for.

jmcc

A few of them did and some were even elected. There are politicians on P.ie who were elected and still post here.

Sister Mercedes

There are several politicians and political types who describe this site as a 'cesspool' etc. So they must be regular readers, and probably regular posters too.

razorblade

Afaik Michael Mcdowell has posted on this site, i dont think he still does though.

USER1234

we had a guy here, who was campaigning for president but he didn't get enough support to be put on the ballot

Last edited:

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Yes, Social Secretary of the Student Law Society.

- The dinners and parties were rubbish
- Nothing
- Overwhelming
- I got the voters drunk down the Wig and Gavel
- Delighted. It meant I had a sabbatical year, and could avoid that Property II exam I had not studied for.
Well done Comrade and prospering ever since..:cool: p.s my two new N.Korean assistants Ji Queng and Li Htong are delightful, bubbly personalities, but I fear that you may have been correct in your assessment of Hello Kitty mania.....:shock: lol

Cai

I've run in several internal Plaid Cymru over the years - mainly for the NEC & have always won.

I stood for my local town & county council in May & managed to scrape in.

My family are generally supportive - although as part of my ward contains much of a largely working class town centre, & so case work tends to eat a lot of my time.

I think that my local Plaid Cymru branch spent 2 or 3 hundred pounds on my campaign (we print everything in house).

Electors complain about everything, but the ubiquitous concern is parking & the most serious involves problems stemming from heroin abuse.

Finbar10

Daniel Sullivan with username KingKane (used to be a mod here I think) ran for the Seanad at one stage.

Cai

The oddest response I got was from an old lady who argued passionately that we should all vote Tory because they have all the money.

The System Works

Website
www.thesystemworks.wordpress.com
Twitter
@mendingtheworld
I ran for Council in a no-hope ward. Still, I wanted to have a little fun so I put some effort into it. The ward hadn't been properly canvassed in years but we knew there were Tory voters there who should be identified. Doing that proved very helpful in the General election and I got a lot of thanks from our MP as it is a marginal constituency and targeting matters. It was also a home to lots of Nepalese families, many of them veterans of Gurkha units. I thought they might be more friendly to us than other minorities so I put on a Nepalese curry night and raised about £2500 for the local Conservative Association. We didn't win but everybody said we were the stand out campaign that year.

Cai

I ran for Council in a no-hope ward. Still, I wanted to have a little fun so I put some effort into it. The ward hadn't been properly canvassed in years but we knew there were Tory voters there who should be identified. Doing that proved very helpful in the General election and I got a lot of thanks from our MP as it is a marginal constituency and targeting matters. It was also a home to lots of Nepalese families, many of them veterans of Gurkha units. I thought they might be more friendly to us than other minorities so I put on a Nepalese curry night and raised about £2500 for the local Conservative Association. We didn't win but everybody said we were the stand out campaign that year.
When was that?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies