• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Has any poster here ever ran in an election?

RodShaft

I oppose the policies of Sinn Fein. I am not a Nationalist. Indeed I oppose narrow Nationalism. I am a Republican in the true meaning of the word. I oppose the use of violence for political ends on this island.

As a pragmatic public rep I work with other Parties including Sinn Fein on the City Council and apart from normal robust exchanges in the Chamber I have never been abusive to any of them.
If you do not believe in Nation State government, what system of government other than nationalism do you propose?

RodShaft

Lots of States are multi national or part national. For my part I am.happy with my State which fits both of those.
All states comprise many nationalities.

But show me a state which is not a nation state.

Sister Mercedes

All states comprise many nationalities.

But show me a state which is not a nation state.
I can show you lots of Republics but Ireland wouldn't be on the list. We never got to grips with the notion of a republic for all of its citizens equally. Instead too much time focused on nationalism nonsense.

RodShaft

I can show you lots of Republics but Ireland wouldn't be on the list. We never got to grips with the notion of a republic for all of its citizens equally. Instead too much time focused on nationalism nonsense.
Show me a current form of government which doesn't involve a nation state? All these mouthy 'anti-nationalists' don't even have a working definition of what it is they are against.

It's all fuzzy.

RodShaft

RodShaft

At the very least desiring an independent National state for your Nation would be part of any definition that I would give.
So Germany is not an independent national State?

Okaaaaaay then...

amist4

I ran for the bus once. Came in second.

RodShaft

Definitely not. I'm pretty sure that it is still technically under USA occupation.
And obviously the USA's membership of NAFTA rules her out.

What's left, North Korea?

RodShaft

Asking anti Nationalists to define nationalism always ends the conversation.

Peppermint

I was invited to stand for UKIP but I decided against it.

Politics is a dirty game!
Why?
Do you believe in UKIP?

Living is a dirty game, our politicians are a reflection of us, as a nation.
We are obviously a bit of a dodgy nation... Bertie was our leader, the man who NEVER had a bank account, but actually had shed loads of them!

We are what we elect.. And from past elections we may qualify as dodgy!

Risteard

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies