Has any race/group of people left an exceptionally positive impression on you?

General Urko

I don't particularly have any negative opinion on any particular group/race of pepole as I take as I find!
But from my travels and indeed meeting them here, one race of people impressed me in a very positive way and that is The English!
Mind you my view is probably slightly skewed in so far as the area I knpw the best in Britain is Manchester and they are genuinely exceptional folk!
I suppose also it is enhanced by the really positive view that British People have of Irish people today, our bands, U2, One Direction, Boyzone, Westlife, our actors, sportspersons and the countless wonderful Irish people doing great work in Britain have long dispelled the notion that we are a group of unwashed semi literate alcoholic half savages and potential terrorists!
BTW I am not so silly as to believe that all 50 million people or so are all great folk!
I have also found young German People to be astonishingly open to the world!
Please note the thread tittle and don't demean it by slating groups/races, that's not the intended tone of this thread!

runwiththewind

I don't particularly have any negative opinion on any particular group/race of pepole as I take as I find!
But from my travels and indeed meeting them here, one race of people impressed me in a very positive way and that is The English!
Mind you my view is probably slightly skewed in so far as the area I knpw the best in Britain is Manchester and they are genuinely exceptional folk!
I suppose also it is enhanced by the really positive view that British People have of Irish people today, our bands, U2, One Direction, Boyzone, Westlife, our actors, sportspersons and the countless wonderful Irish people doing great work in Britain have long dispelled the notion that we are a group of unwashed semi literate alcoholic half savages and potential terrorists!
BTW I am not so silly as to believe that all 50 million people or so are all great folk!
Please note the thread tittle and don't demean it by slating groups/races, that's not the intended tone of this thread!
British people do not have a positive view of the Irish. All you have to do is read the comment section on any English newspaper about Ireland to see that nothing has really changed.

General Urko

British people do not have a positive view of the Irish. All you have to do is read the comment section on any English newspaper about Ireland to see that nothing has really changed.
It has not been my experience in dealing with them! Are there a few mouthy English ******************************************s in the world, well out of 50 Million or so people, of course there will be a few! I reckon we have a lot more ass holes per head of population as Paddies and what's more they tend to be treated like royalty in Ireland!

General Urko

drummed

Not sweeping generalisations at all just positive impressions based on experience!
Yeah, well with Ethno-nationalism all the rage these days don't get too hopeful. As we know Ireland is the most oppressed nation ever.

For my part I will nominate the Poles as the group I was most impressed by, for a load of reasons, and if we go down the other direction and deal with least impressive then I'm afraid that's you Hungary.

General Urko

And you want these impressions to be categorised by race/group?
Well what do you suggest?

God forbid I would offend the sensibilities of any libertards!:rolleyes:

General Urko

Yeah, well with Ethno-nationalism all the rage these days don't get too hopeful. As we know Ireland is the most oppressed nation ever.

For my part I will nominate the Poles as the group I was most impressed by, for a load of reasons, and if we go down the other direction and deal with least impressive then I'm afraid that's you Hungary.
The Polish People I have worked with and got to know, were very decent people, in ways strikingly different from us! The women were usually very good looking and they (both males and females) tende to be very strategic thinkers, not having the usual Channcer Paddy mentality!

The Hungarian People whom I have met here were also very fine helpful people!
However I met a few gobshytes in Budapest and wouldn't be inclined ever to back there witjhout a damn good reason and I actually don't feel like that WRT any other countries I visited!

Mr. Bumble

In terms of impressing me, my top five nations in terms would be:

Poles
Portugese
Italians
Germans
Spanish

It really is a very subjective question, but I've rated them on criteria such as friendliness, work ethic, honesty, values etc.

Russians impressed me the least.

gerhard dengler

The British because, in my experience, despite have practically every other nationality living there, the ordinary English person is tolerant and polite.

Americans unfailingly polite.

Italians because of their love of family and their esteem for old age.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
:cool: [video=youtube;5hEh9LiSzow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hEh9LiSzow[/video] :cool:

Mr. Bumble

blokesbloke

How lovely - and as far and I know you haven't even met me yet!

blokesbloke

I am fond of the Irish of course, they have a genuine way with words and have enriched the English language immensely.

I find them friendly and warm too.

The Dutch have always struck me as an interesting nation too - they are very straightforward and honest.

I haven't travelled as much as I'd like, but I think Americans are unfairly denigrated and often far more polite than the so-called polite Brits.

blokesbloke

@OP: you want posters to make sweeping generalisations based on peoples' race? If so, there was no need to start this thread. Just pop over to either of these:

http://www.politics.ie/forum/europe/251428-sweden-under-attack.html

http://www.politics.ie/forum/europe/239928-invasion-europe.html
It's partially a bit of craic I think - everyone knows you can't stereotype each individual person and there will always be exceptions, but I think there are some national characteristics that can be said to apply more often than average in a country.

He's asked for positive contributions, and besides the way the host nation reacts to immigrants can itself be a positive thing.

Stereotypes only have any resonance because they have a grain of truth in them.,

Besides, aren't you Irish? Shure I'd expect you to be less tight-arsed than this and be up for a bit of harmless craic, as well as a virtuoso on the ould tin whistle!

:rolleyes:

blokesbloke

Why do you hate Galwegians? I really do think they are more to be pitied than detested. Though I see where you're coming from.
This is a thread about people you like, so presumably he's a fan of them.

Mr. Bumble

drummed

If the mods were not such a clique of FG reactionaries they would provide us with a Pole on this thread.

New Threads

Most Replies