• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Has Black Thursday Lenihan got an easy ride from the media ?

Tomas Mor

I was listening to Donie Cassidy in Seanad yesterday extolling the virtues of that great man Brian Lenihan, on as it happened, Black Thursday. Cassidy said Lenihan was the greatest he had seen in Leinster house since 1962, when Donie first came though the gates, as a visitor I assume ! Is it the case that Lenihan of Anglo being of systemic importance, that would cost us no more than 4 billion to bail out; Lenihan of the liquidity, not solvency crisis; Lenihan of the many corners turned with calls to patriotic duty, has had such an easy ride, aided and abetted by the attitude that this man who in bad health has given all to save our country from the ruin his party of which he is a tribal member brought us. Dont forget Brian was the man who went on to the altar and read lesson at state funeral of CJH, the man who thieved from his fathers sick fund.

Tomas Mor

I also meant to mention that part of Brian Snr "no problem"seems to have rubbed off on him in a big way, sure its only Brian.

Tomas Mor

turdsl

You must understand the loyalty that is Fianna Fail, I was watching the Dail on Wed. there was Haughey and Connor Lenihan side by side, I would be ashamed to be seen next to Haughey junior, You cannot beat the loyalty of Fianna Fail. Look at Fine Gael and the back stabbers that Kenny has to deal with, They will give him no help just sly Quotes to hungry journalists.
There is a letter in todays Irish Independent saying they are amazed that Fianna Fail still have 25%, support, are the loyal to Fianna Fail or the country,.
They request, Can we have a poll that asks. If you think that the people who still support Fianna Fail are traitors,. I may not go that far but according to some Fianna Fail posters here by their attacks on Kenny they are just like the alcoholic in the early stages who cannot face the truth nearer home. There is always hope.

Tomas Mor

You must understand the loyalty that is Fianna Fail, I was watching the Dail on Wed. there was Haughey and Connor Lenihan side by side, I would be ashamed to be seen next to Haughey junior, You cannot beat the loyalty of Fianna Fail. Look at Fine Gael and the back stabbers that Kenny has to deal with, They will give him no help just sly Quotes to hungry journalists.
There is a letter in todays Irish Independent saying they are amazed that Fianna Fail still have 25%, support, are the loyal to Fianna Fail or the country,.
They request, Can we have a poll that asks. If you think that the people who still support Fianna Fail are traitors,. I may not go that far but according to some Fianna Fail posters here by their attacks on Kenny they are just like the alcoholic in the early stages who cannot face the truth nearer home. There is always hope.

Of course loyalty is the word, which i almost admire in some ways. When you look at the Indo- every day this Sir Anto rag has the usual FG TDs quoted anonymously of course about next heave. There are probably about 3/4 of them in all,most in Dublin talking to Sir AJ paper.

Breadan O'Connor

I was listening to Donie Cassidy in Seanad yesterday extolling the virtues of that great man Brian Lenihan, on as it happened, Black Thursday. Cassidy said Lenihan was the greatest he had seen in Leinster house since 1962, when Donie first came though the gates, as a visitor I assume ! Is it the case that Lenihan of Anglo being of systemic importance, that would cost us no more than 4 billion to bail out; Lenihan of the liquidity, not solvency crisis; Lenihan of the many corners turned with calls to patriotic duty, has had such an easy ride, aided and abetted by the attitude that this man who in bad health has given all to save our country from the ruin his party of which he is a tribal member brought us. Dont forget Brian was the man who went on to the altar and read lesson at state funeral of CJH, the man who thieved from his fathers sick fund.

The Lenihan family are very skilled at spoofing their way through any situation.

Lenihan's granduncle, Joseph Lenihan, a convicted frauster, even managed to con the Nazis.

Tomas Mor

The Lenihan family are very skilled at spoofing their way through any situation.

Lenihan's granduncle, Joseph Lenihan, a convicted frauster, even managed to con the Nazis.

Tell us more about Joseph, never heard that !

Sham96

The European and North American media have copped on to the spoofer. No easy ride yesterday and even harder questions being asked today about Lenihan and his potential to bring down the Euro.

Tomas Mor

The European and North American media have copped on to the spoofer. No easy ride yesterday and even harder questions being asked today about Lenihan and his potential to bring down the Euro.
I agree, I had meant national media in general but did not specify that at start.

locke

The Anglo-Irish prop-up was given by several commentators on BBC World Service last night and this morning as a major factor in the bad day international stock markets had yesterday.
It was the lead item on the BBC 10 o'clock News yesterday.

Maybe it's just got so big that we might get some proper journalists probing the government instead of glib questions from their drinking buddies.

Tomas Mor

Maybe it's just got so big that we might get some proper journalists probing the government instead of glib questions from their drinking buddies.

Quite so, and not those type of hacks who at 3.30 am hung around knees up in Galway in stitches at Biffo, but saw nothing wrong !

wishywashy

Lenihan is about to be found out very soon for the spoofer that he is,a guy who sold his country down the drain to keep his developer buddies safe. There must be some politicians mixed up in this scam who cant afford to be exposed. Wonder who they are?

Victor Meldrew

Excellent point...

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com

They'll have to be foreign. There is no sign of anyone waking up at home.

FakeViking

Lenihan is about to be found out very soon for the spoofer that he is,a guy who sold his country down the drain to keep his developer buddies safe. There must be some politicians mixed up in this scam who cant afford to be exposed. Wonder who they are?
We know some of the minor cast members (Frank Forty Gaffes springs to mind) but these are minnows. Hopefully the next Govt will reinstate FOI so these wasters can be outed.

Squire Allworthy

The fundamentals are basically the same today as they were on Monday or Tuesday.

Unless those change significantly or the government is seen to address them effectively they are heading into problems.

My guess is that pressure, if it develops, will start from abroad, the Irish press seem to have (in a general sense) an undue respect for the government of the country. This is aided by an opposition that is utterly incapable of effectively calling this government to account. So some of the frustration should also be directed at FG and Labour.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies