• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Has Castro died ?


Joined
Jun 29, 2006
Messages
71
jerryp said:
www.perezhilton.com, a blogger with a bit of a reliable reputation is reporting that his death is about to be announced. Anyone ?
Deo volente, requiescant in pace. A great burden lifted from his people if true.
 

CookieMonster

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
34,801
dubsthcentralboy said:
jerryp said:
www.perezhilton.com, a blogger with a bit of a reliable reputation is reporting that his death is about to be announced. Anyone ?
Deo volente, requiescant in pace. A great burden lifted from his people if true.
I don't know. The could be overwhelmed with a rapid and dramatic change of the Cuban way of life.
 

Kate P

Active member
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
106
Perez Hilton also says proudly that

'PerezHilton.com was the first media outlet in the world to break the news of Castro’s death. We posted THIS ITEM on it last week!!!! '
 

Pericles

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
23
CookieMonster said:
dubsthcentralboy said:
jerryp said:
www.perezhilton.com, a blogger with a bit of a reliable reputation is reporting that his death is about to be announced. Anyone ?
Deo volente, requiescant in pace. A great burden lifted from his people if true.
I don't know. The could be overwhelmed with a rapid and dramatic change of the Cuban way of life.
Most of the Soviet Bloc managed alright, and almost anything would be preferable for the Cuban people to Castro. But rumours like this surface regularly, it could be nothing.
 

CookieMonster

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
34,801
Pericles said:
CookieMonster said:
dubsthcentralboy said:
jerryp said:
www.perezhilton.com, a blogger with a bit of a reliable reputation is reporting that his death is about to be announced. Anyone ?
Deo volente, requiescant in pace. A great burden lifted from his people if true.
I don't know. The could be overwhelmed with a rapid and dramatic change of the Cuban way of life.
Most of the Soviet Bloc managed alright, and almost anything would be preferable for the Cuban people to Castro. But rumours like this surface regularly, it could be nothing.
true, and I hope it is the case but the soviet bloc didn't have ex-countrymen and the US hovering around them like vultures ready to move in.
 

CookieMonster

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
34,801
Is anybody else reporting this?
 

Pericles

Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
23
Yes, the Cuban Foreign Minister has denied it.

I'm not sure about the former Soviet Bloc CookieMonster -- East Germany, for example, benefited greatly from West Germany's investment, and if communism does fall in Cuba, Cuban-Americans will be able to name their price to the American presidential candidates. Cuba could gain immensely from Florida's electoral swinginess.
 

FakeViking

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 26, 2006
Messages
9,005
I'm due to have an audience with him in October, I'll be very upset if he breaks the appointment!!!!
 

saratoga

Active member
Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
111
FakeViking said:
I'm due to have an audience with him in October, I'll be very upset if he breaks the appointment!!!!
If he's dead - and I really hope he is - what's stopping you from keeping it?
 

Joe Ryan

Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
32
jerryp said:
www.perezhilton.com, a blogger with a bit of a reliable reputation is reporting that his death is about to be announced. Anyone ?
Paris Hilton would say anything to get publicity for herself :lol:
Was she menopausal when she made the announcement? :shock2:
 

Tiernanator

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 2, 2007
Messages
345
I knew that glade air freshner wouldn't mask the smell. I suppose we will have to bury him now.
 

bogtrotter

Well-known member
Joined
May 30, 2007
Messages
3,417
Tiernanator said:
I knew that glade air freshner wouldn't mask the smell. I suppose we will have to bury him now.

Well he is an old sick man and even the great have to die....He made cuba what it is today...I have been there on holidays many times and travelled extensively throughout the country and never encountered any problems, a wonderful country that owes it all to a wonderful man....Fidel castro.
 

RetiredProvo

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
507
Good job Aeroflot still stopping off in Shannon.
At least I'll get a direct flight to Habana (San Marti) if the state funeral is called.
 

GerryAnderson

New member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
3
bogtrotter said:
... even the great have to die....He made cuba what it is today...I have been there on holidays many times and travelled extensively throughout the country and never encountered any problems, a wonderful country that owes it all to a wonderful man....Fidel castro.
Bit patronising surely? Telling the Cubans how lucky they are to have had an enforced mono-political system with no possibility for freedom of choice or expression, with the rebels being imprisoned or executed.

Still, they will think it was worth it, if an Irishman can come on holiday and enjoy the quaint backwardness of the place. And the Cubans, they all seemed so happy. Wonder where the ones who aren't happy are? Never mind, have a fat cigar.

And perhaps when you return home you ponder why no Cubans seem to visit Ireland. Perhaps they just don't have the time? Can't be anything to do with a fascist-like state that disallows people to travel where they want, and imprisons those who try?
 
Top