Has Eamon Keane left Newstalk?

justme1

Whatever about Yates in the morning, his sidekick Chris is a muppet. Does my head in
You mean Chris 'Good to talk to you' don't you::p

justme1

He is related to the great John B. Keane,but he wants to pursue a career in music hence leaving Newstalk he released an album called 'Hang the Moon',IMO i don't think he is a bad head at all,actually i have a lot of time for the fella,there is far worse out there IMO.

powderfinger

DuineEile

Ah yes the black art of propaganda. Sinn Fein to get sixty seats, and when they only get a good improvement on their current number we'll say they failed.

I remember when we were at 2% and had no chance of a seat in any constituency, so forgive me if I don't start doing cartwheels at this great "news" from the anti SF rag just yet.

Let's all wait and see, shall we?

D

garrett

Dragon on the radio in the middle of the day?
How busy can he be running his 'empire' so?
Ivan Yates took his eye off the ball and see what happened.

Keane was painful to listen to.
I stopped listening to the Breakfast show when Claire Byrne moved on. She wasn't great but it balanced with the big eejit.
Now you have a talking text machine talking clock hybrid and a big eejit.
Morning radio sucks, wish I could pick up BBC.
It gets worse at 9.
BBC - Radio 5 live - Nicky Campbell and Sheila Fogarty are perfect. They have lively news and chat between 6-9am and then the 'Nations Conversation' phone in show between 9 and 10.

'orebel

cozzy121

He was the best on lunchtime radio by a country mile and is sorely missed.
Very true, which means his sacking by Newstalk is all the more baffling.

His show was in receipt of a lot of leaks from the various departments, did he receive something he shouldn't?
Did O'Brien have a say in his dismissal?

I note that the newer show appears to have little or no leaks into them, so clearly they lost a lot of links when Keane was shafted.

Last edited:

dent

He was the best on lunchtime radio by a country mile and is sorely missed.
He was in Mehole. He was a FF toadie, with his head stuck well up any ministerial arse. I didn't think Kiberd would be up to much but in fairness he is streets ahead of Keane. The only downside is that annoying muppet Healy.

deepness

He was in Mehole. He was a FF toadie, with his head stuck well up any ministerial arse. I didn't think Kiberd would be up to much but in fairness he is streets ahead of Keane. The only downside is that annoying muppet Healy.
can't agree. Think Kiberd is awful and has ruined the show for me. Way too nicey nicey for that type of show.

Listening to RTE for my sins at lunchtime these days for the most part,. Will agree about Healy though. He's up there with yer man Chris on the Breakfast show..

Pat Mc Larnon

He ran a hysterical piece in the Herald last week about his brother Fergal checking under his car and receiving threats etc. Stock article for the Herald and shows that he can adapt very quickly.

DaveM

I find Kiberd pretty good to be honest. Not mad about Healy but all in all the programme has improved vastly since they got rid of Keane.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom