Has Irish Rail scrapped child ticket prices?

gleeful

As recently as December child train tickets were quite cheap. I took a train from Limerick to Dublin and a one way child ticket was around €6, compared to €20 something for myself.

Yesterday, the same journey was €23 for myself and €22.50 for my 8 year old. Just checked the Irish Rail website for a couple of dates over the next month, and in some cases the child ticket is more expensive than an adult ticket.

Did they announce this change?

Catalpast

As recently as December child train tickets were quite cheap. I took a train from Limerick to Dublin and a one way child ticket was around €6, compared to €20 something for myself.

Yesterday, the same journey was €23 for myself and €22.50 for my 8 year old. Just checked the Irish Rail website for a couple of dates over the next month, and in some cases the child ticket is more expensive than an adult ticket.

Did they announce this change?
I genuinely don't know but surely they have a customer service dept you can contact for further information?

Sync

I genuinely don't know but surely they have a customer service dept you can contact for further information?
Or is there some sort of search engine that could parse the billions of internet pages out there and get the information?
Child
Child Ticket

gleeful

Or is there some sort of search engine that could parse the billions of internet pages out there and get the information?
Child
Child Ticket
"Child Fares on InterCity services for children of 5 to 15 years of age are discounted up to half the appropriate adult fare up to a maximum fare of €31.00."

Except the child prices are currently the same or higher than adult prices.

automaticforthepeople

Any change in ticketing would have to put before the NTA for approval. I don't think this could have been sprung on the travelling public out of the blue? Didn't Lowry have his eyes and ears on the NTA for years?

Surely she wouldn't have let them do that to Tipp?

New Threads

Most Replies