• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Has the EU become a kleptocracy with 500 million debt serfs?

The Field Marshal

---

Kleptocracy= Rulers who use political power to steal a countries resources

Its quite clear to me that EU govts in the eurozone are quite prepared to act immorally in sequestring private property to protect the euro.

These acts have destroyed trust which is the basis of all sound commercial and banking activity.

The following quotation is from an article describing how the EU has now become one giant estate of 500 million serfs working to keep rich banks afloat and to protect an unviable currency the EURO

Source EU?s kleptocratic intentions to result in confidence crisis ? RT Op-Edge
Patrick L Young has written :"The truth is that as confidence has drained from the EU, now trust too is evaporating. The recent acts - whether enacted or not - in Cyprus has delivered a hammer blow to the credibility of Brussels as a trustworthy steward of anybody’s finances. Beneath a thin tissue of brazen statements of confidence there lie festering sores of economic mismanagement going septic as a result of previous poultices and treatments which are more voodoo than economics.

Jeroen Dijsselbloem, the Dutch Finance Minister has poured fuel on the flames of discord by noting that ‘bailing in’ depositors would henceforth be a Eurozone tenet for rescues. In other words totalitarian appropriation is now a Brussels policy. If ‘totalitarian appropriation’ is too big a word for this time of the day, dear reader, just spell it t-h-e-f-t. That’s close enough.

The kleptocratic intentions of the EU will not go unnoticed and a confidence crisis will result both within and beyond the two-tier Eurozone. Meanwhile Spain has a weak government, Italy has no government and the French have something that is more like a group of middle-aged student idealists squatting in the Elysee palace until a leader comes along.
Ultimately trust is the glue which binds together trade and prosperity".

Charles Hugh Smith has also written an excellent article describing this theft process and I quote as follows
charles hugh smith-500 Million Debt-Serfs: The European Union Is a Neo-Feudal Kleptocracy

500 Million Debt-Serfs: The European Union Is a Neo-Feudal Kleptocracy

Kleptocracy, alternatively cleptocracy or kleptarchy, from the Ancient Greek for "thief" and "rule," is a term applied to a government subject to control fraud that takes advantage of governmental corruption to extend the personal wealth and political power of government officials and the ruling class (collectively, kleptocrats), via the embezzlement of state funds at the expense of the wider population, sometimes without even the pretense of honest service. The term means "rule by thieves".

This following articles gives detailed information on how EU funds are being abused by govts.
Kleptocrats Raiding Eu Funds | International

As a previously committed supporter of the European project I have lost total confidence in it and now see the EU as a malignant monster greedily devouring its people in order to prop up a failed currency the Euro and big banks by literally stealing money from its citizens.

In Ireland the types and extent of taxes now being imposed are truly penal in nature and can only further destroy the economy. The politicians in thrall to the bankers do not care as long as they receive their pound of flesh.

---

R3volution_R3ady

What do you mean "Has the EU become?"

The Field Marshal

What do you mean "Has the EU become?"
The question is posed in order to stimulate discussion.

I personally believe that the EU is now a giant kleptocracy and as such is doomed to fail.
The failure has been caused by the idea of compulsory political integration on the back of the dodgy Euro.

All of this is a far cry from the EEC and the notion of parity of esteem.

Dermot Ferriter made a point on the VB show last night that the late Margaret Thatcher at the time the Euro was introduced predicted it would lead to terrible problems in EU economies and would end with Germany controlling the whole thing.

That is what has happened and the political deconstruction of Eurozone countries is complete with a total disconnect between governors and those governed as populations realise they are being fleeced to protect this failed and dodgy currency.

ManUnited

---

Its quite clear to me that EU govts in the eurozone are quite prepared to act immorally in sequestring private property to protect the euro.

These acts have destroyed trust which is the basis of all sound commercial and banking activity.

The following quotation is from an article describing how the EU has now become one giant estate of 500 million serfs working to keep rich banks afloat and to protect an unviable currency the EURO

Patrick L Young has written :"The truth is that as confidence has drained from the EU, now trust too is evaporating. The recent acts - whether enacted or not - in Cyprus has delivered a hammer blow to the credibility of Brussels as a trustworthy steward of anybody’s finances. Beneath a thin tissue of brazen statements of confidence there lie festering sores of economic mismanagement going septic as a result of previous poultices and treatments which are more voodoo than economics.

Jeroen Dijsselbloem, the Dutch Finance Minister has poured fuel on the flames of discord by noting that ‘bailing in’ depositors would henceforth be a Eurozone tenet for rescues. In other words totalitarian appropriation is now a Brussels policy. If ‘totalitarian appropriation’ is too big a word for this time of the day, dear reader, just spell it t-h-e-f-t. That’s close enough.

The kleptocratic intentions of the EU will not go unnoticed and a confidence crisis will result both within and beyond the two-tier Eurozone. Meanwhile Spain has a weak government, Italy has no government and the French have something that is more like a group of middle-aged student idealists squatting in the Elysee palace until a leader comes along.

Charles Hugh Smith has also written an excellent article describing this theft process and I quote as follows
charles hugh smith-500 Million Debt-Serfs: The European Union Is a Neo-Feudal Kleptocracy

Kleptocracy, alternatively cleptocracy or kleptarchy, from the Ancient Greek for "thief" and "rule," is a term applied to a government subject to control fraud that takes advantage of governmental corruption to extend the personal wealth and political power of government officials and the ruling class (collectively, kleptocrats), via the embezzlement of state funds at the expense of the wider population, sometimes without even the pretense of honest service. The term means "rule by thieves".

This following articles gives detailed information on how EU funds are being abused by govts.

As a previously committed supporter of the European project I have lost total confidence in it and now see the EU as a malignant monster greedily devouring its people in order to prop up a failed currency the Euro and big banks by literally stealing money from its citizens.

In Ireland the types and extent of taxes now being imposed are truly penal in nature and can only further destroy the economy. The politicians in thrall to the bankers do not care as long as they receive their pound of flesh.

---
No, tax isn't theft.

fuque

its becoming so obvious now too, thats its not funny.

shiel

This is the usual brain dead ************************e that this country was bankrupt by foreigners.

This country was bankrupt by the decisions of a small number of our most powerful citizens.

Most countries in the eurozone did not go bankrupt.

We did. Blaming everyone else is pathetic.

Aindriu

This is the usual brain dead ************************e that this country was bankrupt by foreigners.

This country was bankrupt by the decisions of a small number of our most powerful citizens.

It isn't just about Ireland :roll:
Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Cyprus.

Aindriu

The Euro project has managed to achieve relatively bloodlessly what two world wars failed to achieve - dominance of Europe by Germany.

Howya

In which case the OP should read "How long has Ireland been a kleptocracy with 4.5 million debt serfs?"

shiel

It isn't just about Ireland :roll:
Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Cyprus.
There are 17 countries in the eurozone. Most were managed in a sane fashion.

Some were not.

We were not managed in a sane manner.

Blaming everyone else is pathetic.

D

Dylan2010

That's democracy isn't it?
indeed. I know I couldnt pass a maths exam because ~40% of the people agree with my answer but seems good enough to decide who works, who doesnt, who keeps their house who doesnt what debs are "assigned to me" I am not a citizen anymore, my output has been secuitised and sold on. Ireland is simply a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV).

ibis

So....governments of the member states collectively using taxes to support project(s) they collectively support as good for their citizens = same as authoritarian governments that put tax money into their private bank accounts?

Well, this should be a particularly educated and informed debate on what kind of Europe we want, and whether bank rescues are a sensible policy.

IbrahaimMohamad

---

---
The Germans oppose printing more Euros to buy bonds that no one wants to buy. Germany will support any measure that avoids printing more money to buy pig debt.

The price of the Germans printing more money will be for indebted nations to embrace German ways and consent to more German Economic Lebensraum!

ManUnited

indeed. I know I couldnt pass a maths exam because ~40% of the people agree with my answer but seems good enough to decide who works, who doesnt, who keeps their house who doesnt what debs are "assigned to me" I am not a citizen anymore, my output has been secuitised and sold on. Ireland is simply a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV).
Relax, it's not that bad. It is a top of the range vehicle.

The Field Marshal

No, tax isn't theft.
Really?

At what stage are you prepared to give a govt your hard earned income and property.

Will you give them 60%+ of everything you earn including a heft out of your family home?

Thats where Ireland is now at in aggregate when you add cumulatively all taxation rates and classes.

Effectively you have become a slave of the state where most of your labour is going to support the state.

Lets say the states take goes to 85% ? Are you happy with that/
It would seem so.

The point is that taxation does indeed become theft when it surpasses a certain percentage of the average citizens productive capacity.

My personal view for what its worth is that the gross tax [average income] take to a state should not exceed max 25-30% .

When it rises above that it is beginning to look like theft.

The EU is dying becuase its immoral govts are extracting way too much from each citizen.

Last edited:

The Field Marshal

The Euro project has managed to achieve relatively bloodlessly what two world wars failed to achieve - dominance of Europe by Germany.
THE EEC was supported by the Irish people on the basis that parity of esteem would apply .
This was particulalry importent to smaller countries like Ireland which had no hope of competing with larger countries at an economic level.

Parity of esteem has been destroyed by the Euro crisis.

Its time to re evaluate Irelands relationship with the EU.