• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Has the Run on Ireland Begun?

grafter1

Folks the Irish 10 year has jumped to 5.88% this morning.

We all know the amount of money the Irish banks and the NTMA are trying to raise this month alone.

Hold on to your hats and whatever else you can hold on to.

Conor

Folks the Irish 10 year has jumped to 5.88% this morning.

We all know the amount of money the Irish banks and the NTMA are trying to raise this month alone.

Hold on to your hats and whatever else you can hold on to.
What's the spread over bunds?

mr_anderson

Ouch.

Guess theres one way of getting around this - stop borrowing !
But then, that would necessitate FF tackling our €20 billion annual deficit head-on.
Interesting times ahead.

jpc

Yes the mood music is changing big time.
No one is listening to the govermemt anymore.

ballot stuffer

Thanks Seanie! Thanks Fianna Fail! Thanks Neary!

Hound

looks very like we are headed for the cliff edge to me. So much for lenihans 'hold our nerve' comments of jusr yesterday.

DeputyEdo

Sure we've "turned the corner"...apparently...we'll all be fine.

jpc

And that scutterbucket Callery is the main story at the moment on the radio.
Very sad times.

LDF

Ouch.

Guess theres one way of getting around this - stop borrowing !
But then, that would necessitate FF tackling our €20 billion annual deficit head-on.
Interesting times ahead.
Mr Anderson, I share your cynicism. Nothing defined FF in 2010 more clearly than yesterday's announcement that that rancid, tax guzzling maffia otherwise known as FÁS was going to reform itself .... by changing its name. Jesus wept.

thebig C

Mr Anderson, I share your cynicism. Nothing defined FF in 2010 more clearly than yesterday's announcement that that rancid, tax guzzling maffia otherwise known as FÁS was going to reform itself .... by changing its name. Jesus wept.
True....it was vomit inducing. Also, I thought something else that defined Ireland in 2010 was the way the PS unions steadfastly refused any kind of reform in FAS.....and predictably FFs and the PS Unions interests seem to merge.

The most shocking statement I heard in a long time was a TEEU rep yesterday stating that a FAS apprenticship was "the best in the world"!!!

If anything show show the markets that the establishment in Ireland haven't faced up to reality, and don't even know how to appropriately cut borrowings its the FAS debacle!

C

jpc

True....it was vomit inducing. Also, I thought something else that defined Ireland in 2010 was the way the PS unions steadfastly refused any kind of reform in FAS.....and predictably FFs and the PS Unions interests seem to merge.

The most shocking statement I heard in a long time was a TEEU rep yesterday stating that a FAS apprenticship was "the best in the world"!!!

If anything show show the markets that the establishment in Ireland haven't faced up to reality, and don't even know how to appropriately cut borrowings its the FAS debacle!

C
The reality cheque is in the post as we speak.

grafter1

We've just hit 5.90%. There must be some serious flow of funds of the country

RightCentreLeft

We've just hit 5.90%. There must be some serious flow of funds of the country
Sailor Laughed at me last week when I said it would go this high and I was wrong. Looks like I was only a week wrong! This is serious though. really serious.

5.908 now