Has the Time come for an all out public sector strike?

ruserious

Now that the coffers are open and the Gardaí got what they wanted, should the smell of weakness on the part of the government spur the other public sector unions into action?

The pay agreements under Landsdowne are now open for edit.

ger12

Yep.

Can we afford it? Nope. But the precedent has been set and sure aren't we doing fabulous as FG were telling us before the election.

devoutcapitalist

To the op what sort of a pay increase are you looking for given the fact that there is still a Budget Deficit?

ruserious

To the op what sort of a pay increase are you looking for given the fact that there is still a Budget Deficit?
Ideally remove the bottom two entry scales which would result in approx an extra €2500 and a €2000 rent allowance plus a PRD reduction.

Approx 5K a year and I'd happily shut up. If I'm honest.

devoutcapitalist

Ideally remove the bottom two entry scales which would result in approx an extra €2500 and a €2000 rent allowance plus a PRD reduction.

So forget tax cuts and spending to public services will have to be cut to fund more public sector pay largese.

edifice.

The problem with the Public Sector is not pay, an increase in pay will not improve the crap 'service' its paid to provide.

freewillie

Civil service unions haven't the guts for a strike. Too many part timers, women on job sharing etc

ger12

How do you justify giving in to Gardai and Bus men and not to nurses? (Who are seething, working under fierce conditions. I've two post grads and twenty years experience and not earning any more than the two mentioned).

mossyman

redhead

No, and I am currently on a ps salary. Not a large one either but not at the bottom of the scale.

Although I do agree with the suggestion that the bottom of the scale for new entrants should be increased, but not the rent allowance.

patslatt

Now that the coffers are open and the Gardaí got what they wanted, should the smell of weakness on the part of the government spur the other public sector unions into action?

The pay agreements under Landsdowne are now open for edit.
TO THE BARRICADES, CITIZENS!

Malcontents who are permanently dissatisfied with life in the Irish banana republic have a nose for weakness and smell it in a cowardly pandering government which can be pressured easily in selling out taxpayers.

mossyman

Why Ireland Doesn’t Want Apple’s $14.5 Billion in Back Taxes

Why Ireland Doesn

edifice.

No, and I am currently on a ps salary. Not a large one either but not at the bottom of the scale.

Although I do agree with the suggestion that the bottom of the scale for new entrants should be increased, but not the rent allowance.
The service is crap, top heavy with form checkers.

ruserious

TO THE BARRICADES, CITIZENS!

Malcontents who are permanently dissatisfied with life in the Irish banana republic have a nose for weakness and smell it in a cowardly pandering government which can be pressured easily in selling out taxpayers.
Public Servants are tax payers too.

New Threads