Has there ever been a more depressing RTE news homepage?

G

Gimpanzee

Sweet jesus. Thought it would be bailout dominated, but that puts all this stuff in perspective.

Franzoni

Couldn't believe it when i heard about the second tragedy on the 3 o'clock news...very sad, my heart goes out to the families and friends devastated by these incidents...RIP

Gimpanzee hit the nail on the head ..makes you think about things and put them in perspective....

darkhorse

I am sure there are many deaths and serious illnesses caused by the stress of unemployment, negative equity and those unable to make ends meet.
Its a hugely tragic but hidden story of the recession.

meriwether

And if you really want to look for a silver lining.............its a great country to be a paedophile in.

The Banker

4 kids and 3 adults dead in one day... Utter madness..

Goodbody

Couldn't believe it when i heard about the second tragedy on the 3 o'clock news...very sad, my heart goes out to the families and friends devastated by these incidents...RIP

Gimpanzee hit the nail on the head ..makes you think about things and put them in perspective....
This is putting things in perspective. The horrific policies of Cowen and Lenihan are not some abstract exercise. They have destroyed real lives.

basketcase

Terrible tragedies, so much pain for the families left behind. Especially the mother in the Cork case. Rest in peace all of them. Puts things in perspective for sure.

davemcinerney

Website
davemcinerneysblog.com
tragic Deaths

Again the Government is to be blamed for this, if only people were to realise that they are not the only ones in deep trouble, there are tens of thousands in the same boat, but this realisation will not happen until the Government tells it like it is, instead of sticking their heads in the sand and pretending that everything is fine.

The first step in recovery is to admit that you have a problem in the first place, until this happens there can never be a cure.

People are not alone and there is no shame in finding yourself in trouble, if the politicians have no shame and obviously they don't otherwise they would stand down, then no one should feel shame.

May they rest in peace

Paddy Sarkozy

Really depressing, the page hasn't been fully validated which means it doesn't open properly in my browser so large parts of it are illegible.
Has no one told RTE there are web browsers other than Internet Explorer??

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies