Has TV3 clamped down on merry interviews?

lying eyes

Fair enough, but show was in the aftermath of a very big news story. Could they not have made an exception for just once?

What is all the fuss about, we would learn nothing from Rabbite, because he would be telling lies, as he stated on live TV......

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
The GIS broke the agreement by lettin Cottentail go on Primetime, TV3 asked for someone else, and the GIS couldn't get anyone, TV3 told them that they didn't want Rabbite, but the GIS didn't bother to ring Bunny to tell him,

None of it was TV3's fault!
ok what agreement? can not a minister go on two different channels?

darkhorse

I can't stand VB, but the policy of not taking people just on PT seems sensible to me.
Except that it happens on every other occasion when there is a breaking news story
Over the years, we have seen lots of politicians on Prime Time at 9:30 and then moving on to VB Tonight
The reality is that Rabbitte would have come on gloating over the Governments success which didnt suit VB's lefty agenda
His entire programme over the past few years was about attacking the terms of the promisory note
VB would have been completely humiliated by Rabbitte if he was allowed on

ruserious

TV3 had an absolute right to do what they did. GIS know their rules, and still sent the Minister despite being told he was not wanted.

TV3 need to be competitive in order to battle against RTÉ. Bringing on the same minister who was just on RTÉ to give the same spiel on a crucial night is not competitive.

TV3 covered the entire Promnight fiasco excellently. Bravo Zulo all round.

Ribeye

ok what agreement? can not a minister go on two different channels?
TV3 have a standing agreement with the GIS that a minister won't go on Rte in the are supposed to be on vinb that night,

I sounds reasonable to me,

If ye watch the show back on 3Player Vinny explains the whole thing!

ruserious

That Indo article is poorly written too btw. It says a TV3 spokesman was not available for comment despite VinB giving precise reasons on the night. It is poor journalism by any standard and is designed to give the reader one side of the story.

The Sentinel

In fairness to the Plump Bunny, he looked stone cold sober on Primetime,

So unless he had a few drinks in the car on the way to Ballymount I doubt he was rabbit stewed:)
He was probably punch drunk after the hammering Pat Kenny gave him (my arse).

lostexpectation

Website
TV3 have a standing agreement with the GIS that a minister won't go on Rte in the are supposed to be on vinb that night,

it doesn't sound reasonable to me , especially considering the the previous days events, i mean you gonna get postivity waffle from rabbite but the same as any other minister

lostexpectation

Website
TV3 had an absolute right to do what they did. GIS know their rules, and still sent the Minister despite being told he was not wanted.

TV3 need to be competitive in order to battle against RTÉ. Bringing on the same minister who was just on RTÉ to give the same spiel on a crucial night is not competitive.

TV3 covered the entire Promnight fiasco excellently. Bravo Zulo all round.
would competition not be doing a better interview and questioning then primetime did.

Last edited:

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates

Yes. It is on at around 19:49 of the show where Vinny explains things. ... and he even had the good grace to say 'sorry'. to the minister but the GIS knew the rules.

bagel

Except that it happens on every other occasion when there is a breaking news story
Over the years, we have seen lots of politicians on Prime Time at 9:30 and then moving on to VB Tonight
The reality is that Rabbitte would have come on gloating over the Governments success which didnt suit VB's lefty agenda
His entire programme over the past few years was about attacking the terms of the promisory note
VB would have been completely humiliated by Rabbitte if he was allowed on
Sorry, have to disagree.
The government's 'success' you refer to, in my opinion and that of many others, is a total shafting of the people of Ireland.
Anyway, Bunny is a bo!!ox, drunk or sober.

Ribeye

it doesn't sound reasonable to me , expcially considering the the previous days events, i mean you gonna get postivity waffle from rabbite but the same as any other minister
I'd imagine the rationale is that TV3 think that if viewers have watched Primetime and had to listen to a minister rattling off the scripted spin, if they see the same minister sitting on vinnys panel they'll just turn it off so that they don't have to listen to it again,

I think they're right,

darkhorse

Sorry, have to disagree.
The government's 'success' you refer to, in my opinion and that of many others, is a total shafting of the people of Ireland.
Anyway, Bunny is a bo!!ox, drunk or sober.
Nothing to do with why his invitation was withdrawn...
PR would have been well able to elucidate on the value of the deal done
And VB didnt want to hear it
Rabbitte is one of the few politicians who VB is unable to shout down

ruserious

Nothing to do with why his invitation was withdrawn...
PR would have been well able to elucidate on the value of the deal done
And VB didnt want to hear it
Rabbitte is one of the few politicians who VB is unable to shout down
This is sh1te, it was only after finding out he was to appear on RTÉ did he try to cancel the Minister. Conspiracy Theories...:roll:

retep

Totally off topic, but you'd wanna see the amount of empty audience seats at the IFTA farce,

Scarleh fur dem:)
I know it's off topic but it does warrant a thread of snigger and shame in its own right(would you care to start one?) Is it unpatriotic to echo Brenda Fricker from last year and describe it as a thoroughly cringeworthy effort and an outdated mutually appreciative relic of the ego tripping excesses of the Celtic tiger?

darkhorse

This is sh1te, it was only after finding out he was to appear on RTÉ did he try to cancel the Minister. Conspiracy Theories...:roll:
Are you seriously claiming that no other politician has appeared on Prime Time and then gone on to appear on VB later in the evening?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies