Has TV3 clamped down on merry interviews?

ruserious

Are you seriously claiming that no other politician has appeared on Prime Time and then appeared on VB later in the evening?
I am not, I am suggesting that on this particular night, TV3 deemed it crucial enough what with the IBRC story, that having the minister on again on their show would lead to people switching off as it would be the same spiel and in order to remain competitive, TV3 cancelled the appearance of the Minister. They are entitled to do this, and apparantly have an agreement with GIS not to do this, but that is besides the point.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
I'd imagine the rationale is that TV3 think that if viewers have watched Primetime and had to listen to a minister rattling off the scripted spin, if they see the same minister sitting on vinnys panel they'll just turn it off so that they don't have to listen to it again,

I think they're right,
ok i'll take that but it brings it back to this point, would competition not be doing a better interview and questioning then primetime did.

Ribeye

ok i'll take that but it brings it back to this point, would competition not be doing a better interview and questioning then primetime did.
What does "would competition" mean?

Are you talkin about vinny?

zippo222

I would be very surprised if RTE don't have the same arrangement with the Government Information Service. If Rabbite had appeared on a TV3 programme before Prime Time aired, then RTE would not have had him on either.

darkhorse

I am not, I am suggesting that on this particular night, TV3 deemed it crucial enough what with the IBRC story, that having the minister on again on their show would lead to people switching off as it would be the same spiel and in order to remain competitive, TV3 cancelled the appearance of the Minister. They are entitled to do this, and apparantly have an agreement with GIS not to do this, but that is besides the point.

You must be joking
On the night of the Dail vote involving the most significant financial issue affecting the nation for generations to come
VB decides to withdraw an invitation to a Government Minister willing to explain to VB'S saticfaction the events of the day
As if 'nobody would be watching because no-one is interested' because some saw him speaking earlier
This was perhaps the most significant night in the State's financial history since Sept 2008
You are having a laugh

ruserious

You must be joking
On the night of the Dail vote involving the most significant financial issue affecting the nation for generations to come
VB decides to withdraw an invitation to a Government Minister willing to explain to VB'S saticfaction the events of the day
As if 'nobody would be watching because no-one is interested' because some saw him speaking earlier
This was perhaps the most significant night in the State's financial history since Sept 2008
You are having a laugh
You are speaking as if TV3 cancelled the show. They did not, continued anyway and still had a good discussion.

Competitiveness is key for a private station. Having the same minister on is not competitive. It is a completely justified decision.

darkhorse

You are speaking as if TV3 cancelled the show. They did not, continued anyway and still had a good discussion.

Competitiveness is key for a private station. Having the same minister on is not competitive. It is a completely justified decision.
I didnt say TV3 cancelled the show - obviously they did not - they cancelled Pat Rabbittes invitation to appear
The entire country was glued to the news for the whole of that night
So nothing at all to do with some kind of fake commercial 'competiveness' - which even VB himself would be completely abhorred by
It was all about VB's ego and the fear of it being exposed by Rabbitte - with VB having spent the last few years decrying the promisory note

White Horse

Perhaps VB should boycott all government ministers and just invite eye candy female journalists, left wing "economists" and a bloke with a Russian accent?

hang on???

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

ruserious
TV3 need to be competitive
so vinnyb do it better then rtept

james toney

Perhaps VB should boycott all government ministers and just invite eye candy female journalists, left wing "economists" and a bloke with a Russian accent?

hang on???
Is that you Jim Power?

Limerick Lad

Next time Vincent Browne pompously announces we asked for a Government spokesperson and we were told none was available, we'll know why.
Very much an own goal by TV3!

CarnivalOfAction

Next time Vincent Browne pompously announces we asked for a Government spokesperson and we were told none was available, we'll know why.
Yep, they're too cowardly to defend the addition of €30 billion to our debt by the "great deal".

CarnivalOfAction

You must be joking
Perhaps he saw Phat on RTE saying that lying is what one tends to do when promising no cuts in Child Benefit?

Limerick Lad

Yep, they're too cowardly to defend the addition of €30 billion to our debt by the "great deal".
Did you even read the what this tread was about, the Vincent Browne show had a minister lined up to do exactly that and they wouldn't allow him to appear.

CarnivalOfAction

Except the ones who are invited but kicked out when they arrive
Might help him to empathise with the 180,000 who have been forced to emigrate since FG/LP started implementing FFailure's policies.

CarnivalOfAction

Did you even read the what this tread was about, the Vincent Browne show had a minister lined up to do exactly that and they wouldn't allow him to appear.
So Phat was going to defend the addition of €30 billion to our debt by the "great deal". Without lying this time,

ShoutingIsLeadership

You must be joking
You are having a laugh
Eh, it was the night AFTER the vote. Vinny had 150 mins of live TV on the night of the vote. RTE had Dinner for Schmucks.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies