Have FF done a Secret Deal with the IMF in return for no investigation ?

Luigi Vampa

FF seemed to hold out against the IMF initially, then suddenly it was game on.

Did the IMF make them an offer they couldn’t refuse ?

E.g. "Sign up and we'll promise not to disclose any dodgy dealings and accounts"

How many FF ministers and politicians have loans with Anglo and for how much ?

hibernian56

Never thought of that, keep falling into the patriotic trap and forgetting we are deling with self serving evil scum.

Jesus, I hope you're wrong.

huffnpuff

Are they smart enough to do that? Everything so far would indicate not. Although they certainly have past form when it comes to underhandedness. They are a despicable bunch who will not rest until they have buried the country. I fear Saturday is the only chance left to stop them. March and resist!

Casillas

Are they smart enough to do that? Everything so far would indicate not. Although they certainly have past form when it comes to underhandedness. They are a despicable bunch who will not rest until they have buried the country. I fear Saturday is the only chance left to stop them. March and resist!
They're smart enough, just using the George Bush defense; I'm too stupid to understand, let me off the hook.

Yea, its probably true, the IMF will then blackmail these ******************************s and use them as puppets, bleak...

I see Michael McGrath outed the banks for defrauding NAMA and then Alan Dukes of FG steps in and says McGrath is offside for spreading lies, and the banks did defraud NAMA, i heard it from a bank official myself working on those laon transfers.

So how sacry is it that FG ex party leader is covering up the banks fraud

eoghanacht

FF seemed to hold out against the IMF initially, then suddenly it was game on.

Did the IMF make them an offer they couldn’t refuse ?

E.g. "Sign up and we'll promise not to disclose any dodgy dealings and accounts"

How many FF ministers and politicians have loans with Anglo and for how much ?
Aired similar thoughts on another thread and yes i believe some sort of shady deal has been organised with the promise of a nice handy job on a european quango for the boys if they get the deal done.

Pity for them they won't

limericklady

FF are only going to be in power for 5 minutes and the IMF wont give a sh*te about them once they are out of power.
The only silver lining in this whole sorry mess is the possibility that with outsiders doing the investigating we might get some truth about what's actually been going on.

eoghanacht

Yea, its probably true, the IMF will then blackmail these ******************************s and use them as puppets, bleak...

I see Michael McGrath outed the banks for defrauding NAMA and then Alan Dukes of FG steps in and says McGrath is offside for spreading lies, and the banks did defraud NAMA, i heard it from a bank official myself working on those laon transfers.

Scary?

Our whole political class stood in unison and lied to us about Lisbon. Nothing scary at all. Do you really think we'd be in a better place if FG&Labour had been in office during the false boom?

punchdrunk

Get this into your thick head. Your party FF has bankrupted the country. Stop the FF muck raking. Alan Dukes is NOT a member of the FG parliamentary party. FFs stupid decisions on banking and public spending have destroyed the country.

eoghanacht

FF are only going to be in power for 5 minutes and the IMF wont give a sh*te about them once they are out of power.
The only silver lining in this whole sorry mess is the possibility that with outsiders doing the investigating we might get some truth about what's actually been going on.
What investigation?

The ECB and the IMF are here to shore up the Euro and if that means consigning the irish people into a debt spiral then so be it, sacrifice 3million Irish in the hope of saving 350million other Europeans

Cassandra Syndrome

It will be over my cold dead body this country will be sold out.

robut

LV Glad you brought this up, was thinking the same thing tonight I was.

Its not just the IMF but EUROPE also. The political class in fact:

- will we see any report from the IMF/ECB about there take on why things went wrong
- will we see any mention of the lack of accountability over the last x number of years by FF
- How come this 4 year plan was passed by EUROPE / IMF with no mention of austerity for the political classes?

Of course the catch all answer ( as we have been getting ) is WE ( the IMF / ECB ) do not get involved in internal politics of a country. A convenient get out clause indeed.

You see - if FF ministers get chastised, worse, legally held accountable for any wrong doing, it would have a knock on effect to Sarcosy, Merkl and the like in their own countries IF they ever get "Done". SO - there will be no "political" investigation or blame by the IMF/ECB BECAUSE they do not get involved in internal politics of a country. How can you argue against that one? A most convenient excuse ..

Robut

Luigi Vampa

LV Glad you brought this up, was thinking the same thing tonight I was.

Its not just the IMF but EUROPE also. The political class in fact:

- will we see any report from the IMF/ECB about there take of why things went wrong
- will we see any mention of the lake of accountability over the last x number of years by FF
- How come this 4 year plan was passed by EUROPE / IMF with no mention of austerity for the political classes?

Of course the catch all answer ( as we have been getting ) is WE ( the IMF / ECB ) do not get involved in internal politics of a country. A convenient get out clause indeed.

You see - if FF ministers get chastised, worse, legally held accountable for any wrong doing, it would have a knock on effect to Sarcosy, Merkl and the like. SO - there will be no "political" investigation or blame by the IMF/ECB BECAUSE they do not get involved in internal politics of a country. How can you argue against that one? A most convenient excuse ..

Robut
-
Indeed. More food for thought.

huffnpuff

They're smart enough, just using the George Bush defense; I'm too stupid to understand, let me off the hook.
You are right I guess. Bertie got away with the old harmless fool routine after all. I am completely bewildered by this government. It is almost impossible to express how devastating their mismanagement of this country has been and unless they are stopped will only get worse on Sunday.

eoghanacht

It will be over my cold dead body this country will be sold out.
Yep.

This stops now!

The fight back begins this Saturday. High Jack the ICTU march back from the crooks and stay out.

Cassandra Syndrome

If this is true, then mass civil disobedience. Withdraw savings, default on financial debts, refuse to pay taxes. See how the IMF like that.

eoghanacht

You are right I guess. Bertie got away with the old harmless fool routine after all. I am completely bewildered by this government. It is almost impossible to express how devastating their mismanagement of this country has been and unless they are stopped will only get worse on Sunday.
I made a joke that thats what Lennie will say when the death sentence is brought down on his head.

Judge:
"Mr Lenihan you are to be brought from this place to a place of your execution. Have you anything to say?"

Brian:
Eh, Your Honour I eh don't accept that. :)

Skinner

If this is true, then mass civil disobedience. Withdraw savings, default on financial debts, refuse to pay taxes. See how the IMF like that.
True dat.

The only thing that will have any meaningful effect on events is what you say.

And, vote for the bogeyman party, SF. The political elite don't care about the greens (dead tree huggers walking) or independents (individuals that are easily bought off).

In a parliamentary sense what scares the established parties is the emergence of SF, with large numbers of votes and a rapid increase in Dail seats.

Though your suggestions are the only real option imo.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies