Have Fianna Fáilers no sense of shame?

TommyO'Brien

I have always opposed Fianna Fáil. But I have distinguished between the party and some of the people in it whom I like and count as friends.

What I find most shocking about the events of the last few days has not just been the disgust at what has been done to my country and the fact that our hard-won independence, fought for by some many people (including my own granduncle who fought in the IRA in the War of Independence and took the anti-treaty side afterwards), has been blown by the reckless policies practiced by successive Fianna Fáil governments under Ahern and Cowen. Yet instead of feeling any sense of shame at what their recklessness has done, people in Fianna Fáil still live in denial - earlier in the crisis they blamed Lehmans. They blamed the banks, ignoring the role their decision to have little proper regulation caused. They speak passively as if they had no role to play in what happened.

I spoke to people in other parties today. They felt horrified at what had been done to our country. One broke in tears at the horror of what has been done to that independence we fought so hard for.

Yet Fianna Fáilers continue to be almost indifferent. Cowen and co won't even admit what everyone knows is happening - negotiations about the economic surrender of Ireland, and have spent a week telling barefaced lies using technical excuses to dodge being honest about the situation.

On Vincent Browne tonight, Peter Power (one of the better FF ministers) refused point blank to accept any blame or responsibility, and acted as if nothing had changed.

De Valera must be turning in his grave at what the leadership of his party has done.

Even here on this site, FFers show no willingness to accept responsibility or be honest. Instead they cheered Power's behaviour on.

So I have to ask a basic question: Have Fianna Fáilers no sense of shame over what they have done? Or are they so concerned with their own self-interest that their country's best interest takes second place to their own?

Ah Well

A post I inserted in the VB Thread as is reproduced below ....

There is reason behind why FF continue on with the fight in their own minds which is long since lost, why they appear deluded but they still continue on, why they come out with spin, why they just won't do the decent thing ...

It's contained in their very name "the soldiers of destiny"

FF believes in its own mind that they are in charge of the destiny of this country and refuses to countenance under any circumstance that this is not the case. Even when the game is up as it is now.

Tommy O'Brien was somewhat correct when he said after seeing this performance by Power that FF needs to be wiped off the electoral map. It was classic FF to the core.

They believe they are in charge of the destiny of this place and absolutely nothing will make them change that mentality regardless of who or what shows or proves them to be completely incorrect. It's inbred. They are incapable of acting or thinking otherwise.

It's like a prisoner who is charged, pleads not guilty, evidence indisputably shows them to be at fault and even after being convicted and led away for sentence are still screaming protesting their innocence and firmly believe themselves so to be.

Regardless of what people say about FF or the vitriol that is shown towards them the deep down core FF types aren't for changing under any circumstance. It's a case of FF for ever. Power personified the whole FF mentality very nicely tonight.

thebig C

No, they don't. That much was obvious from powers performance and the comments of FF hacks on P.ie.

I had it sumed up for me recently. I am aquainted with a girl who is in FF. Now, I never challeged her about it or made it an issue. However, on her fb page she is always posting pro-FF comments. I noticed this week several of her friends posting on her page questioning why she is still supporting them....her answer "I support the team until the end no matter what"!

GDPR

So I have to ask a basic question: Have Fianna Fáilers no sense of shame over what they have done? Or are they so concerned with their own self-interest that their country's best interest takes second place to their own?
No one is happy about where we are Tommy, but for me, the situation is made just a little worse by having to put up with nobheads like yourself pretending they have all the answers or again, posters like yourself who spend all their time posting just a little short of outright lies in an effort to big themselves up.

Take a hike Tommy.

TommyO'Brien

No one is happy about where we are Tommy, but for me, the situation is made just a little worse by having to put up with nobheads like yourself pretending they have all the answers or again, posters like yourself who spend all their time posting just a little short of outright lies in an effort to big themselves up.

Take a hike Tommy.
A post that sums up FF at its worst:

- personally attack critics.
- blame other people.
- Dodge the question.

picador

It started with CJH, the man who ordained Bertie. The party culture is now rotten to the core. FF needs a stake through the heart.

Holy Cow

Fianna Fail are no more than a bunch of parasitic shitbags, a cancer on Irish society. Finally, after the ruin they have taken to the country, many will finally see what they are all about.

The revenge of the people will not be enough to compensate the damage done by these traitors ( and I know what the revenge is, and it aint pretty).

darkhorse

To evaluate FF's performance, you have to look at the manifesto's of all parties from the 2007 elections. Then you will be able to determine what each party would have done had they been elected.
Having done that, try to prove how FG or Lab would not have made matters immesurably worse.
Good luck.

chrisman

Take a hike Tommy.

Nice one, don`t respond to the O P just insult the poster, sure what are we worried about the "big tent" has all the answers.Look at this wreckage and then tell me that you are proud of it.

Holy Cow

If I was a parasitic shitbag I would not dare go out in public in the near future.

Ah Well

To evaluate FF's performance, you have to look at the manifesto's of all parties from the 2007 elections. Then you will be able to determine what each party would have done had they been elected.
Having done that, try to prove how FG or Lab would not have made matters immesurably worse.
FF are there for 13 odd years ... the cancer is festering since then to the full blown version of today .... a lot can be done in that space of time ... they've outdone themselves admirably - we now have to live in the ************************ they've produced

Congalltee

I was a member of FF for 16 years. I resigned over Nama. I could have gone when Anglo was nationalised or earlier, but didn't. I keep wondering what kept me there until then. Self-interest? (can't think of any) A poor view of Kenny and the many dislikable Fine Gaolers? A fear of Labour emerging as urban FF-lite? I still don't know the answer. All I can say is that leaving FF is like sobering up.
Power's 'performance' tonight was breathtaking. Arrogant. Delusional. Illinformed but combative. I would have cheered it two years ago. Not now. FF have betrayed their members, 850,000 voters, their current and past aims, Dev and Lemass and above all themselves. 'Shame' hardly does my feelings justice.

darkhorse

FF are there for 13 odd years ... the cancer is festering since then to the full blown version of today .... a lot can be done in that space of time ... they've outdone themselves admirably - we now have to live in the ************************ they've produced
Is this supposed to make sense?
Can the opposition not even make an intelligible political point anymore?
Augurs well for FF actually.

TommyO'Brien

I was a member of FF for 16 years. I resigned over Nama. I could have gone when Anglo was nationalised or earlier, but didn't. I keep wondering what kept me there until then. Self-interest? (can't think of any) A poor view of Kenny and the many dislikable Fine Gaolers? A fear of Labour emerging as urban FF-lite? I still don't know the answer. All I can say is that leaving FF is like sobering up.
Power's 'performance' tonight was breathtaking. Arrogant. Delusional. Illinformed but combative. I would have cheered it two years ago. Not now. FF have betrayed their members, 850,000 voters, their current and past aims, Dev and Lemass and above all themselves. 'Shame' hardly does my feelings justice.
An honest and impressive reply. We all have our political allegiances and attitudes towards other parties. But taking priority before it all should be a sense of loyalty to one's country. That is why I feel so emotional over what is happening, as do you.

That is why I find it so hard to understand the complete lack of shame within those still in FF over what they have done. I would have disagreed with people like de Valera, O'Kelly, Routledge, Lemass, Aiken, McEntee, etc But all were motivated by a desire to do the best for their country, even at the expense of what was best for themselves. I don't see that among the current leadership of FF, or indeed among FF posters here. I find that inexplicable.

Holy Cow

A bit of poetry....

FF sold the country to pay for the debts of their friends,

true patriots know the score.

FF cant sleep easy anymore.

The story ends.

HelenQ

How do we get rid of them. Why are we not protesting at them and asking Brian Clowen and his Govt to just go away and resign. Why oh why are we still stuck with these shower of idiots plus Greens. I would be so embarrassed to be a member of FF now or even an elected representative of FF.

darkhorse

A bit of poetry....

FF sold the country to pay for the debts of their friends,

true patriots know the score.

FF cant sleep easy anymore.

The story ends.
Hey, its 1.40am and YOU are awake...
Got something to tell us?

Newsy

It's contained in their very name "the soldiers of destiny"
They truly are delusional.....believe they are untouchable.

chrisman

Is this supposed to make sense?
Can the opposition not even make an intelligible political point anymore?
Augurs well for FF actually.

What are you on, no seriously,delusions are a terrible thing you seem to have solved it.Bottle it, package it, and make Ireland whole again such fortunes you have at your fingertips Darkhorse

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies