Have Gays become a privileged minority?

Polybius

Today is the annual "Pride" march. Every political party and business must show their deference to this march. Public buildings are lit up in rainbow colours and every business seems to be flying a gay flag. Declaring support for the "LGBT community" is now an obligation. Anyone who is less than enthusiastic about "Pride" is labelled a bigot. But what is the purpose of this march?

There is no doubt that gays were discriminated against in the past. But there is zero discrimination against gays in 2018. We have a gay Taoiseach. There is a plethora of taxpayer funded LGBT "charities" that provide handy jobs for Zappone's cronies. The guards march in uniform in "Pride" parades. Gay men are demanding that the taxpayer fund an expensive drug called PrEP so that they won't have the "inconvenience" of monogamy or wearing a condom. The Irish media is totally subservient to the LGBT agenda. RTÉ even encourages an employee called Jonathan Clynch to wear a dress to work and be called Rachel on certain days of the week. Every big business and trade/student union seems to have a "LGBT" section that gives special assistance to gays.

Surely the time has come to just treat gay people like everyone else and stop giving them special privileges?

firefly123

st Patrick's day.

have the Irish become a privileged minority?

Prester Jim

Bit soon for them to feel normal and accepted. There are still gay people being beaten regularly enough and there have been homophobic incidents like the graffiti on the George etc.
What privileges do they have that no one else does anyway?

paulp

Surely the time has come to just treat gay people like everyone else?
Yes, exactly.

btw, that also includes not seeing privelege all over the place where there is none.

DannyDoyle

Kids are still abused in greater numbers by perverts and as in my own case when I was a child, by homosexual pedophiles.So how can we stop homosexual pedophile abusing kids. Can we have an apology from Varadkar to the countless boys in particular abused by homosexuals in the past?

Notachipanoaktree

Today is the annual "Pride" march. Every political party and business must show their deference to this march. Public buildings are lit up in rainbow colours and every business seems to be flying a gay flag. Declaring support for the "LGBT community" is now an obligation. Anyone who is less than enthusiastic about "Pride" is labelled a bigot. But what is the purpose of this march?

There is no doubt that gays were discriminated against in the past. But there is zero discrimination against gays in 2018. We have a gay Taoiseach. There is a plethora of taxpayer funded LGBT "charities" that provide handy jobs for Zappone's cronies. The guards march in uniform in "Pride" parades. Gay men are demanding that the taxpayer fund an expensive drug called PrEP so that they won't have the "inconvenience" of monogamy or wearing a condom. The Irish media is totally subservient to the LGBT agenda. RTÉ even encourages an employee called Jonathan Clynch to wear a dress to work and be called Rachel on certain days of the week. Every big business and trade/student union seems to have a "LGBT" section that gives special assistance to gays.

Surely the time has come to just treat gay people like everyone else and stop giving them special privileges?
As far as I'm concerned, the gay guys got the best deal. complete freedom, privilege, and don't have to listen to the shi*te all day.

USER1234

Bit soon for them to feel normal and accepted. There are still gay people being beaten regularly enough and there have been homophobic incidents like the graffiti on the George etc.
I agree, I was reading today that some guy has been arrested for throwing a rock through the window of Panti bar with a the message “Píteoga amach as Eireann” which translated into means Fairies out of Ireland Last night

Prester Jim

Kids are still abused in greater numbers by perverts and as in my own case when I was a child, by homosexual pedophiles.So how can we stop homosexual pedophile abusing kids. Can we have an apology from Varadkar to the countless boys in particular abused by homosexuals in the past?
Paedophilia is a separate thing from homosexuality. Many paedos will abuse either sex or whichever they have access to more readily. Homosexuals are no more likely to be paedophiles than heterosexuals from any reading I've done on the matter.

milipod

I agree, I was reading today that some guy has been arrested for throwing a rock through the window of Panti bar with a the message “Píteoga amach as Eireann” which translated into means Fairies out of Ireland Last night
What about leprechauns?

USER1234

Your problem is your mixing up paedophiles which target vulnerable children who cannot concent to get their sexual kicks with gay people who want consensual relationships with other adults of the same sex

Notachipanoaktree

You're the one doing the translating. Was it you, fool.

Northsideman

The real privileged minority in Ireland will be struting their stuff today on the Curragh at the Irish Derby not the much more representative gay citizens on the Pride March.

Prester Jim

There is still plenty of prejudice around, my own wedding we invited a gay couple from my wife's village in West Cork and they were grateful because, shockingly, we were the first ones to invite them as a couple, named on the invite. Everyone else just said "Conor and guest" or just didn't invite at all. Small stuff really but it does show that people who were otherwise friendly and pleasant to them were not accepting of the idea of them as a couple etc.

New Threads

Most Replies