Have you any of your views been changed by interacting on Politics.ie?

GDPR

Certainly in my time on here the process that was under way of my views becoming ever more moderate has been reversed, while that is principally down to events taking place in the wider world I do believe that my interacting here has encouraged that trend.

Two things that Politics.ie has changed my mind on are homosexualist marriage and just how superior Nordie Tea Eggs are to Nordie Prods.

Have any of your opinions been changed here?

farnaby

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure.

D

Deleted member 45466

Which posters would you like to meet Radio (aside from me)?

GDPR

I'd say some of my views have been changed by being on this site, not on any of the issues though, more on the level of general eejitry and deeply held self serving but otherwise pretty baseless opinions there are out there in internetland.

Oh, and the level of childishness in what I take to be adults, that came as a bit of a surprise too.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
The technical skill-set of the contributors far surpasses the owners of the site...petunia

ger12

Certainly in my time on here the process that was under way of my views becoming ever more moderate has been reversed, while that is principally down to events taking place in the wider world I do believe that my interacting here has encouraged that trend.

Two things that Politics.ie has changed my mind on are homosexualist marriage and just how superior Nordie Tea Eggs are to Nordie Prods.

Have any of your opinions been changed here?
Yeh, I've learned loads on here, about a variety of topics (in particular foreign affairs). People/poster watching is very interesting, following spin and other posters logic.

I'm learning to be more tolerant, and understanding of others views. I've learned that there's really decent eggs here, who I don't agree with most of the time but they spar with conviction and fairly.

I'm less suspicious of some politicians and more of others. Some of my views have changed or mellowed (on education and quotas). Others reinforced (abortion).

RodShaft

I have learnt a few things but changed my mind on nothing bar one issue.

I was mildly pro life and I'm now mildly pro choice.

robra

I have learned a lot about Northern Ireland and the troubles and also Irish History from P.ie. The whole Sinn Fein-Workers Party -Democratic Left to Labour history is still something I'm amazed by. And Eoghan Harris, I would never have known or suspected that he was an ex-marxist and Shinner.

death or glory

I have learned that ultra hard-line Roman Catholics don't like discussing the second commandment.

owedtojoy

The virulent anti-Semitism on the site and its moronic Holocaust Denial clique have convinced me that Israel was right to get itself a good supply of nuclear missiles. Hitherto, I would have been against such nuclear proliferation.

I like the attitude "Come and get us if you can, but if we go down you are coming with us."

I wish the state of Israel well, as long as it stays within its internationally recognised borders. I wish for a Palestinian state in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, living in peace with Israel, with compensation for what the Palestinians lost from 1948 until now.

D

Deleted member 45466

Trump's election was particularly revealing. We have a few tyrants posing as "liberals" on these forums.

Good to see them being exposed.

Gin Soaked

I've learnt a bit about (nationalist) Nordies and what makes them tick. And quite a bit about foreign affairs and some wonderful turns of phrase.

Plus, no different than the Dems apoplexy about Trump, us Blueshirts need to stop demonising SF, it will just hasten our demise. Basically SF and FG need to win the hand of the Soldiers of Destiny.

Brenny

The old Ra fella who used post here, Merle Haggard, gave me an interesting perspective on Nordie Nationalism and Cruimh has given me an interesting perspective on Nordie Unionism.

Politics.ie made me change my mind entirely on one subject in particular, our attitude to our off-shore mineral deposits. I was positive that we were selling ourselves short until a few posters informed me that the big companies have lost way more money looking for gas and oil off our shores than they have recouped. One poster asked me a simple question, 'If we're giving it away so easy, where's all the oil rigs and why are these companies preferring to do business in middle-eastern hell holes?' I couldn't answer that one. If you're willing to look past the abuse you may actually learn something on this site. For a lot of people it's just about ego however.

New Threads

Most Replies