Hayes: Fianna Fail Deliberately Misled The Dail

anewbeginning

Fianna Fail are not the state.

Because Fianna Fail are a basketcase, doesn't mean Ireland and it's people are a basketcase.

For some reason, people at home and abroad, think FF and Ireland are one and the same. I for one am proud to be Irish but ashamed of the way it has been run and sold out by our politicians, on all sides of the political spectrum.

And the opposition parties are not blameless either, nor is the EU. Over the last 10 years, there has been a massive failing of the political system both in Ireland and in the EU. Neo liberalism also played a part. And deregulation which was a cause celebre in the EU in recent years has proved a disaster.

TonyB

Twitter
technopolitics
anewbeginning, I don't agree. They may not be you, and they may not be me, but Fianna Fáil represent "Ireland" for a good deal of the last several decades. Such is democracy. Understand this, and you begin to understand politics, compromise, and equity. And I agree, it tastes foul.

Two years ago I met a group of Indians, in India, who were very well educated, literate, college educated. I suggested to them that they must be excited by the impending elections. Not one of them agreed. One suggested that he might vote, but most said that they would probably not. They were the 1%. The educated. The elite. But - as the 1% - they were irrelevant in a democracy.

Bleu Poppy

Hayes said Lenihan did it deliberately and he was outside the Dail when he said it.
On that basis if I were Lenihan I'd now set about teaching Mr. Hayes a legal lesson he wouldn't forget in a hurry.
Let's see if the Lemming issues proceedings....

I, for one, won't be holding my breath.

Bleu Poppy

Not necessarily. He may take the view that as a politician it wouldn't be worth his while. The last politician to try was Reynolds, he won his case and got a fiver.
and, as the paper he was suing had lodged more than that sum with the High Court.... Reynolds got to pay his legal costs.

Pyrrhic Victory, something the MaFFia are good at.

Bleu Poppy

The 'Reynolds Defence' applies specifically to journalism, and can only be used in when the media organ in question has exercised great care in making allegations that are potentially in the public interest.

It cannot be used to defend off the cuff comments made on talk radio.
In defamation law, a slander uttered on radio or on television has the same status as if it were printed on paper... it is a libel, if proven to be untrue.

Let's see if the Lemming wants to have a precedence attached to his name. His father was the MaFFia's in-house jester, his brother is an eejit.... what's he? What's he made of?

The phrase Fianna Fáil Gene Pool was never more apt.

ocoonassa

And the majority of us did not vote for the MaFFia!
Sure whoever didn't vote for them voted for the same corrupt political class as them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgqeL0AvZfo]YouTube - Go Back to Bed America[/ame]

kerdasi amaq

So, is misleading the Dáil a criminal offence? If anything, it's a cause for resignation.

Most Replies