Head commission reporting into death at Mountjoy goes unpaid.

slx

There's something seriously wrong with this situation.

Barrister conducting inquiry not being paid - RT News

The head of the commission reporting into the killing of Gary Douch in Mountjoy prison has not been paid for her work for almost a year and is effectively working for free.

If this were an enquiry into anything that the Government was actually interested in, or some pointless QANGO then I have no doubt that she'd be rewarded a ridiculous amount of money.

Instead, Grainne McMorrow (SC) is working for free to get to the bottom of what happened.

I'd have to say that she is to be congratulated for her commitment to the cause of justice and for her hard work, but there does seem to be something not quite right about a situation where the Government simply decides to pull the financial plug on a report that is potentially critical of its Justice Department and prison service.

corelli

Reading between the lines I would think that she had a deadline in which to finish, and passed it. In any event, fair play to her. The incident she is investigating was absolutely appalling.

borntorum

Indeed, fair play to her. Worth noting by those big mouths who claim that all lawyers are only in it for the money

hammer

That is what I would regard as "donning the green jersey".

Fair play to her. If she needs any assistance I`ll help out.

New Threads