• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Healy-rae complaint sent to commission

bulldog

its about time some one stood up to the raes. everyone fears them.cronin was right in what he did. from reading the papers danny was wrong and used his power for his owen benefit. we need more councillors like brendan cronin. the raes have been getting away with years.

CookieMonster

bulldog said:
its about time some one stood up to the raes. everyone fears them.cronin was right in what he did. from reading the papers danny was wrong and used his power for his owen benefit. we need more councillors like brendan cronin. the raes have been getting away with years.

I sent my own complaint in. It read as follows:

"JASIS JACKIE! Retire?! Sure you can't be doin' that! Don't go, Jackie, don't go"

And I included some pictures of myself covered in corse cut marmalade.

Bobert

CookieMonster said:
bulldog said:

I sent my own complaint in. It read as follows:

"JASIS JACKIE! Retire?! Sure you can't be doin' that! Don't go, Jackie, don't go"

And I included some pictures of myself covered in coarse cut marmalade.

And a nice Kerry jumper?

bulldog

Kf said:
Context and details please.
quote from paper " danny had an illegal quarry while he was deputy mayor and while michael was mayor. he had no planning for it and dug more than 3 meters in dept, while the dept for agricultural use is less than 1 meter. then danny chaired a council meeting while enforcement notices were served on himself and he was discussing how to prosecute to other 14 illegal quarries in kerry.it is blatent that he used his position as deputy mayor to get himself off of a prosecution and also be able to do what he wants. cronin claims that he breached ethics so he sent it to the same commission that investigated patrick o donoghue who is now going before a jury

FrankSpeaks

bulldog said:
Do you have a thing for the Healy-Raes?

bulldog

FrankSpeaks said:
bulldog said:
I am giving my point of view, which i am entitled to. I don't know whether you personally know the raes or just if you see them let our county down on a national level but they are fools. Does that clarify your problem! :)

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Whoa, whoa whoa! Bulldog!
You're clearly on to something here but you have to step back a bit and tell us what this was all about.

Imagine for a moment you are talking to people who never heard of Kerry or the Healy Raes. People who need to be told everything in simple words and short sentences.
But people who don't believe what you say unless you give references, preferably with links.

So tell your story from the start will you?
This will be worth your while, because belive me, if people on here get a sniff of a theiving politician, they will go after it like bloodhounds.

StripeyCat

http://www.kerryman.ie/frontpage/danny- ... 17548.html

Excerpt:
(The Kerryman
Wednesday June 18 2008)

The public officials and politicians watchdog, The Standards in Public Office Commission, has received complaints about Cllr Healy Rae and Director of Planning, Michael McMahon.

The complaints centre on a claim that Danny Healy Rae chaired a council meeting that discussed illegal quarrying when he himself was the subject of an enforcement order from Kerry County Council.

It is also claimed that Mr McMahon misled councillors by deliberately failing to include Danny Healy Rae on a list of people who were the subject of enforcement proceedings for illegal quarrying and excavation.

The complaints were made to the commission by Cllr Brendan Cronin. The commission confirmed this week that it was considering the complaint and will make a decision on whether there are grounds for an official investigation.

FrankSpeaks

bulldog said:
FrankSpeaks said:
bulldog said:
I am giving my point of view, which i am entitled to. I don't know whether you personally know the raes or just if you see them let our county down on a national level but they are fools. Does that clarify your problem! :)
I don't have a problem with you and I don't know or support the Rae's, however I did notice that you are a new member and one of the first things you did was is start a negative thread about the Rae's and hence I wondered if you had a problem with them.

Regarding the Rae's policies some are sensible, some are done for vote catching, some give the appearance of feathering their own nest, but the vast majority are of parish pump, nimby and stupid variety.

bulldog

The Kerryman 18th June 08
by Aiden o Connor
DHR and a senior KCC offical could be facing an investigation over allegations of breaches of ethics law. The public officals and politicans watchdog, The standards in public office commission, has recieved complaints about Cllr HR and the director of planning, Michael McMahon.
The complaints centre on a claim that DHR chaired a council meeting that discussed illegal quarrying when he himself was subject of an enforcement order from KCC. It is also claimed that Ml McMahon misled councillors by deliberatly failing to include DHR on a list of people who were the subject of enforcement proceedings for illegal quarrying and excavation.
The complaints were made by Cllr Brendan Cronin. The commission confirmed this week that it was considering the complaint and will make a decision on whether there are grounds for an offical investigation.
DHR vehemently denies any wrong doing and the County Manager Tom Curran has defended his staff.On Monday, Mr.Curran said that an enforcement notice was posted to DHR on Feb 14th regarding excavation work carried out at a site on his land at Gortnaboul in Kilgarvin. Cllr HR subsequently reinstated the site to its original state and told the council that he was merely removing a small amount of rock to improve grazing.
On March 10th, DHR chaired a meeting of the council in place of his brother, Mayor of Kerry MHR, where the issue of illegal quarrying was discussed. However, council officals denied any cover-up and said that DHR was not included on the list of operators who were subject to enforcement proceeding because the file on Cllr HR was closed at the time of the meeting in question.
But this monday, Cllr BC circulated an internal council memo that showed a handwritten. signed note by the director of planning Mr. MCmahon that said " i agree with the above recommendation that this be regarded as bone fide land reclamation". the note was dated the 14th March and Cllr BC alleged that this shows that the file was still 'live' at the time DHR chaired the meeting.

Popular Threads

Most Replies