• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Healy-Rae wants debate on gun ownership?

johnny365

Just when we thought the Healy-Rae clan could not get any more ridiculous along comes Michael Healy-Rae. Kerry TD Michael Healy-Rae says a debate is needed on whether people should be allowed to buy guns to protect themselves. Is this madness and another attempt at shameless publicity by the Healy-Raes? Is it a legitimate debate, that some people in isolated rural areas should be allowed firearms with the escalating burglary problem? My view is having more liberal gun laws would be a disaster.

Healy-Rae - debate needed on gun ownership | BreakingNews.ie

Lonewolfe

When's the real debate on the comb-over ownership gonna happen?

Sync

At some point, as funny as a drunken toddler is eventually you've got to blame the parents for persistently giving the child the WKD.

Kitty O'Shea

Healy-Raes never go away you know... They lurk in the sidelines, waiting for the moment to pounce.

Blossie

Sighhh, first the brother wants drink drivers let loose on our roads, now the other eejit wants the drink drivers to be armed as well, it looks like I will seriously consider having to move from Kerry.

Bill

Is he thinking of opening a gun shop.

johnny365

Sighhh, first the brother wants drink drivers let loose on our roads, now the other eejit wants the drink drivers to be armed as well, it looks like I will seriously consider having to move from Kerry.
You couldnt make it up. how people in kerry vote for the Healy Raes is beyond me.

Sync

You need a gun, sher there's drunkards all over the roads. Shooting them will fix it. If the guns get too bad let's just legalise heroin to get the shooters to kill themselves.

turdsl

Nothing wrong with a debate on gun ownership, In fact quite a sensible suggestion.

olamp

You couldnt make it up. how people in kerry vote for the Healy Raes is beyond me.
How can this country ever survive when all we're left with is these gombeen culchies? The educated young people who could save us have all left.We will end up with a country of social welfare recipients who have never worked a day in their lives and gombeen men like Healy Rae -God help us !

mctree

I agree with them on this we should be allowed to own a gun to protect the family home, many have them anyway.

nonpartyboy

Just when we thought the Healy-Rae clan could not get any more ridiculous along comes Michael Healy-Rae. Kerry TD Michael Healy-Rae says a debate is needed on whether people should be allowed to buy guns to protect themselves. Is this madness and another attempt at shameless publicity by the Healy-Raes? Is it a legitimate debate, that some people in isolated rural areas should be allowed firearms with the escalating burglary problem? My view is having more liberal gun laws would be a disaster.

A lot of people in rural aera's already have firearms anyway.........

FrankSpeaks

Fukking hell, now you don't want people to have a debate, next thing you will not want them to speak or read.

Last edited:
R

Ramps

What's wrong with owning a gun?

A gun does nothing on its own. I'd like to have the choice.

johnny365

Fukking he'll now you don't want people to have a debate, next thing you will not want them to speak or read.
I think there is no debate the current system is good enough, opening up the gun laws would be madness. Healy Rae knows this too and his comments are designed to draw maximum publicity.

james toney

Is he thinking of opening a gun shop.
He is looking for planning permission for a firing range,out the back of the pub.

FrankSpeaks

I think there is no debate the current system is good enough, opening up the gun laws would be madness. Healy Rae knows this too and his comments are designed to draw maximum publicity.
Good man johnny365, has decided no debate is needed, no other opinions count, judge and jury.

Bill

He is looking for planning permission for a firing range,out the back of the pub.
Call me a bit of an auld cynic but going on that crews track record he has only brought this up because he has worked out how to make some cash on the back of it.

EDIT : off topic , if you're going to post with a tablet and you're going to eat pizza , you're gonna have bad day.

johnny365

Good man johnny365, has decided no debate is needed, no other opinions count, judge and jury.
Whats the debate, people can get fire arms legally. What do you suggest an american system where any lunatic can buy an assault rifle at the corner shop?