Here is a dustbin for Radio Televis Eireann RTE.

valamhic

RTE is the Irish national broadcaster. It broadcasts on Radio and Television. It is supported by a 160 Euro annual licence fee on ownership of the TV set. (receiver). It receives advertising revenue. It does a good job allowing Met Eireann tell us about the weather, but it's not enough.

In recent years it has become the agent of the Commie, leftie Greenie, Libloon agenda. It is an agent of left wing propaganda. It hires only pro -left staff. Conservatives are firmly shut out. It is openly pro abortion, cries for weeks for Casto, anti Trump, Pro Hillary Clinton, Pro establishment, pro renewable energy, anti oil, the list is endless.

In a few years time Montrose will be sold off in a crooked deal and the station will move to a basement in Tolka Row or Navan. On Politics.ie a thread is required to act as a dustbin for the mediocre celebrity hugging trash they broadcast.

Post anything you hear below, so there will be a record in future. False statements, examples biased reporting, I cannot do it much because I would not be got dead listening to it.

Ramon Mercadar

RTE is the Irish national broadcaster. It broadcasts on Radio and Television. It is supported by a 160 Euro annual licence fee on ownership of the TV set. (receiver). It receives advertising revenue. It does a good job allowing Met Eireann tell us about the weather, but it's not enough.

In recent years it has become the agent of the Commie, leftie Greenie, Libloon agenda. It is an agent of left wing propaganda. It hires only pro -left staff. Conservatives are firmly shut out. It is openly pro abortion, cries for weeks for Casto, anti Trump, Pro Hillary Clinton, Pro establishment, pro renewable energy, anti oil, the list is endless.

In a few years time Montrose will be sold off in a crooked deal and the station will move to a basement in Tolka Row or Navan. On Politics.ie a thread is required to act as a dustbin for the mediocre celebrity hugging trash they broadcast.

Post anything you hear below, so there will be a record in future. False statements, examples biased reporting, I cannot do it much because I would not be got dead listening to it.
I don't agree with you that RTE is an agent of the left, quite the opposite imho.

But I say get rid of the TV license.

Would anyone support a newspaper license where all of the money raised went to the State newspaper and you could be sent to prison for buying an independent newspaper if you didn't have a license?

Get rid of the TV license and let the free market make millionaires out duffy, O'Callaghan and Tubridy if they are worth it.

Morgellons

Try watching the World Cup on their 'live'stream Player-absolute rubbish!

ShoutingIsLeadership

I don't agree with you that RTE is an agent of the left, quite the opposite imho.

Would anyone support a newspaper license where all of the money raised went to the State newspaper and you could be sent to prison for buying an independent newspaper if you didn't have a license?

Get rid of the TV license and let the free market make millionaires out duffy, O'Callaghan and Tubridy if they are worth it.
For all of its faults, it means that we aren't subject to total control by billionaires with agendas

Analyzer

PRAVDA-rte A propaganda quango, run for the benefit of millionaires, at cost to every working household in the state.

Sell PRAVDA. End the PRAVDA tax. And let the people do whatever they want with their own hard earned, post PAYE earnings.

There is no principle of consent. You are forced to pay for something against your will.

Payment is ensured, not via free consent but via intimidation, and threats.

max99

Try watching the World Cup on their 'live'stream Player-absolute rubbish!
Especially when it comes to penalty shoot outs!

A fooking disgrace if ever there was one...… RTE is one joke.... .

APettigrew92

For all of its faults, it means that we aren't subject to total control by billionaires with agendas
Couldn't agree more.

Just to a State-run oligarchy which uses it as their mouthpiece to convince people of the glories of the free market and democracy.

While requiring the citizenry to pay under the law.

I mean, sure, we're not under the direct control of billionaires - He Who Pays Taxes in Malta would rather do that through his proxies in FG - but it's the same poison.

The difference is that the State forces you to drink it.

Ramon Mercadar

Lets have public service broadcasting then where normal salaries are paid, no presenter should be paid more than €100k pa and that should be for a 40 hour five day week.

It is not the purpose of public broadcasting to make millionaires out of Joe Duffy and Miriam O'Callaghan.

Ramon Mercadar

valamhic

They went bananas over Trump. they rejoiced over the defeat of Marie La Penn, they mourned Castro, The had an ECO eye programme
with Duncan Stewart where he advocated using timber for fuel. As for for O'Callaghan she said this morning that she found Merkel fascinating. Mirriam Today Programme.

Cathrina Perry, don't start me on her.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Lets have public service broadcasting then where normal salaries are paid, no presenter should be paid more than €100k pa and that should be for a 40 hour five day week.

It is not the purpose of public broadcasting to make millionaires out of Joe Duffy and Miriam O'Callaghan.
Like it or not, people listen to and watch them in their droves. RTE needs advertising revenue, and advertisers are drawn to shows presented by them.

The OD

Miriam is replacing Sean O Rourke for the next two months.

Why one wonders.
RTE have a confidence and supply agreement with FF?

realistic1

Your spot on! especially as they see themselves as balanced, independent etc.. while at the same time taken revenue from advertising private companies. this fact alone shows that RTE can never be impartial.

Factchecker

They went bananas over Trump. they rejoiced over the defeat of Marie La Penn, they mourned Castro, The had an ECO eye programme
with Duncan Stewart where he advocated using timber for fuel. As for for O'Callaghan she said this morning that she found Merkel fascinating. Mirriam Today Programme.

Cathrina Perry, don't start me on her.
RTE lack true quality and standards. But that is case with most entities in Ireland. Reason being that it makes for easy living. And the need for things to be easy is the core facet of Irish life.

realistic1

Like it or not, people listen to and watch them in their droves. RTE needs advertising revenue, and advertisers are drawn to shows presented by them.
RTE can never be impartial and fair once the take money from private companies. Surely if a big private company was funding RTE through advertising revenue and were involved with unethical behavior, RTE may be compromised because of this revenue?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies