Here is a dustbin for Radio Televis Eireann RTE.

Analyzer

Surely if a big private company was funding RTE through advertising revenue and were involved with unethical behavior, RTE may be compromised because of this revenue?
In that case they are already compromised. So simply put the people are being taxed to facilitate the needs of advertising concerns.

Herr Rommel

I haven't watched a programme on those stations in years.

flavirostris

I haven't watched a programme on those stations in years.
It's total bollocks. Non stop establishment drivel with a healthy dose of national guilt mongering on Magdalene laundries thrown in.

CatullusV

They went bananas over Trump. they rejoiced over the defeat of Marie La Penn, they mourned Castro, The had an ECO eye programme
with Duncan Stewart where he advocated using timber for fuel. As for for O'Callaghan she said this morning that she found Merkel fascinating. Mirriam Today Programme.

Cathrina Perry, don't start me on her.
I thought that you wouldn't be caught dead using it.

Orbit v2

Always good to see new upcoming talent get a chance.
It was funny listening to her try to pronounce the word "hose-pipe" this morning. After two attempts she gave up. New show nerves maybe or a bit groggy after the weekend.

irishproduce

Lets have public service broadcasting then where normal salaries are paid, no presenter should be paid more than €100k pa and that should be for a 40 hour five day week.

It is not the purpose of public broadcasting to make millionaires out of Joe Duffy and Miriam O'Callaghan.
They lay claim to millionaire salaries because of the advertising element/ pull.

Would a good solution be to cap the amount of advertising revenue that RTE are allowed to take in?
So you have the licence fee money, plus €x amount in advertising money and no more ad revenue after that.
Then have RTE do public broadcasting.

Mega stars can't lay claim to big salaries if the chance to win big ad contracts isn't there.

Besides, clearly RTE are not "winning" because they're constantly looking for bailouts.

irishproduce

They went bananas over Trump. they rejoiced over the defeat of Marie La Penn, they mourned Castro, The had an ECO eye programme
with Duncan Stewart where he advocated using timber for fuel. As for for O'Callaghan she said this morning that she found Merkel fascinating. Mirriam Today Programme.

Cathrina Perry, don't start me on her.
As an observation, they are currently and continuously stressing themselves out over Trump.

Trump is being used as a totem figure by RTE.
USA news isn't that relevant to us but any time something happens, they stick it at the top of their newsfeed on rte.ie

Watch it yourselves, any time something is enacted/ announced by Trump, rte go after the negative angle to discredit him and his supporters. It is constant.

If you want a real challenge, contrast that with how often you see RTE praise him or something he does, anything at all.
Nothing gets a positive light and it could be applied to so many other world affairs stories.

A Voice

The problem is that private sector radio is even more moronic than RTÉ. Does anybody think liberal house b1tch Matt Cooper is an improvement on pravda bots when it comes to guff about illegal migrants, Trump, abortion devotion, and any other faddism that's out there? The few dissenting voices that were on Newstalk have been removed.

Lagertha

I would really love it if RTE became an optional. I begrudge having to pay a licence fee and it makes it harder to swallow that they not only have revenue from advertising but the amount of fricking programmes they show that have product placement is disgraceful. They should be forced to either have the revenue from the licence and stop the advertising or keep the advertising revenue and abolish the licence.

flavirostris

The morning after the Trump victory RTE had some daft woman on, who burst into tears when the subject of the future direction of the Supreme Court came up.

TomBreen

It was funny listening to her try to pronounce the word "hose-pipe" this morning. After two attempts she gave up. New show nerves maybe or a bit groggy after the weekend.
Some kind of latent sexual fantasy. the Hose-Pope.

valamhic

RTE News was just on. Two presenters telling a us about Varadkar 's bid for an Irish seat on the United Nations. He wants us to join, and Tax Pro Bono, Mary Robbinus have set up a stage to play music and sing their way into a seat. Robert De Zero is coming with his Fock Trump act too.

Yet Varadkar is the leader of Ireland and Ireland has been found to be in breach of the Aarhus Convention on public participation on environmental decision making. This government has consistently denied its citizens the right to participate. They want a say in the UN's activities which could involve persuading other countries to comply with the Convention, while they refuse to comply with it themselves.

Last edited:

Expose the lot of them

RTE is the Irish national broadcaster. It broadcasts on Radio and Television. It is supported by a 160 Euro annual licence fee on ownership of the TV set. (receiver). It receives advertising revenue. It does a good job allowing Met Eireann tell us about the weather, but it's not enough.

In recent years it has become the agent of the Commie, leftie Greenie, Libloon agenda. It is an agent of left wing propaganda. It hires only pro -left staff. Conservatives are firmly shut out. It is openly pro abortion, cries for weeks for Casto, anti Trump, Pro Hillary Clinton, Pro establishment, pro renewable energy, anti oil, the list is endless.

In a few years time Montrose will be sold off in a crooked deal and the station will move to a basement in Tolka Row or Navan. On Politics.ie a thread is required to act as a dustbin for the mediocre celebrity hugging trash they broadcast.

Post anything you hear below, so there will be a record in future. False statements, examples biased reporting, I cannot do it much because I would not be got dead listening to it.
You have clearly had far too much sun, suggest you lie down in a darkened room and drink lots of water, if the symptoms persist it would be advisable to see a doctor.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom