• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Herman is in town for the Three handed handshakes

Asparagus

The unelected president of the EU Council met two fawns today. Eamon Gilmore actually wore the same tie (seriously wtf is that - stalker) and neither he nor Enda Kenny could wait to take turns to shake the man's hand.

Herman Van Rompuy, president of the European Council, is in the capital to meet Taoiseach Enda Kenny and Tánaiste Eamon Gilmore.

Discussions will centre on the Irish programme and priorities for its six-month stint at the helm of the Union, which began this month.

The plan - entitled For Stability, Jobs and Growth - will also be published.
How will the Irish hosting of a few meetings lead to any of the above?

Is a three handed handshake a thing? it looks like they just made it to the top of everest together or something.

Hewson

That picture is thoroughly puke-inducing.

Asparagus

That picture is thoroughly puke-inducing.
Isn't it - Kenny is looking at the advisor, who told him that Herman was wearing a pink tie.
Kenny has lost the bet and now Gilmore gets another minister of state

Hewson

Isn't it - Kenny is looking at the advisor, who told him that Herman was wearing a pink tie.
Kenny has lost the bet and now Gilmore gets another minister of state
Gilmore looks like a thirteen year old girl who's just been kissed by Justin Bieber.

That's right, Eamon. After all the years of waiting, hoping, promising, cajoling, lying, disappointment and ambition, you've finally arrived!

The wolf turned shepherd.

meriwether

I'm not sure what this thread is about.

I don't think its about anything.

Our leader and deputy leader met the EU dude.
What am I missing here?

Is it something to do with neck ties?

The Owl

I see Gilmore looking thrilled with himself and getting as jowly as Rabbitte by the hour. Must be nice to eat so much. I suppose we're paying for their food and this bloody visit too. Ah well, sure I can do without food until tomorrow. It won't kill me.

To think I actually worked alongside the Tánaiste and never saw such self-satisfaction in such abundance. Traitor!

Hewson

What am I missing here?

The look on Gilmore's dial.

Asparagus

What am I missing here?

Tell you what - we'll all talk about the embarrasing gobdaws and you tell us how hosting a few peripheral meetings will lead to Jobs, Stability and growth for ireland.

Clanrickard

It is Ireland's interest to beef up the commission and the role of Van Rumpoy. It is a damn site better than allowing Merkel and assorted other heads from dictating to us on the basis of their own electoral considerations.

meriwether

Tell you what - we'll all talk about the embarrasing gobdaws and you tell us how hosting a few peripheral meetings will lead to Jobs, Stability and growth for ireland.

I have no idea what you're on about.

Do you even know?

You were on firmer ground when you were talking about what colour tie so-and-so was wearing.

Asparagus

It is Ireland's interest to beef up the commission and the role of Van Rumpoy. It is a damn site better than allowing Merkel and assorted other heads from dictating to us on the basis of their own electoral considerations.
I think that boat has sailed - I doubt Obama even has Herman in his roladex.

Asparagus

I have no idea what you're on about.

Do you even know?

You were on firmer ground when you were talking about what colour tie so-and-so was wearing.
Discussions will centre on the Irish programme and priorities for its six-month stint at the helm of the Union, which began this month.

The plan - entitled For Stability, Jobs and Growth - will also be published
So speculate a while and let me know how our "presidency" can achieve any of the three things in the Plans title.

Hitch 22

Some mason handshakes to look out for. The lizards give themselves away if you look closely.

meriwether

So speculate a while and let me know how our "presidency" can achieve any of the three things in the Plans title.

I have no idea.

I think your question is stupid though. I'm unaware of a definite relationship between us, or anyone else, holding the presidency, and success in securing Jobs, Stability and Growth.

I do know however that this Presidency yoke is a revolving role, and this is our turn.

I don't know how the colour neck ties fits into this particular paradigm.

Asparagus

I have no idea.

I think your question is stupid though. I'm unaware of a definite relationship between us, or anyone else, holding the presidency, and success in securing Jobs, Stability and Growth.

I do know however that this Presidency yoke is a revolving role, and this is our turn.

I don't know how the colour neck ties fits into this particular paradigm.
I am not the one attaching the words growth, Jobs and stability to the presidency - the government are - so its a stupid plan, not a stupid question.

If you don't want to discuss neckties, three handed handshakes or the stupid plan then you could read another thread.

Clanrickard

Hewson

I checked it. He's smiling.

Did he promise in his manifesto to never smile again, or something? Is this a 'broken-promise' thing going on here?
Not at all. The notion of Gilmore ever breaking a promise of any kind in order to get his ass inside the tent is outrageous.