Hersh: Children sodomized at Abu Ghraib, on tape

rhonda15

After Donald Rumsfeld testified on the Hill about Abu Ghraib in May, there was talk of more photos and video in the Pentagon's custody more horrific than anything made public so far. "If these are released to the public, obviously it's going to make matters worse," Rumsfeld said. Since then, the Washington Post has disclosed some new details and images of abuse at the prison. But if Seymour Hersh is right, it all gets much worse.

Hersh: Children sodomized at Abu Ghraib, on tape - War Room - Salon.com

http://digg.com/politics/Hersh_Children_sodomized_at_Abu_Ghraib_on_tape

Total depravity

edit: i hadn't realised this article was 4 years old - however it's news to me

Last edited:

Breadan O'Connor

After Donald Rumsfeld testified on the Hill about Abu Ghraib in May, there was talk of more photos and video in the Pentagon's custody more horrific than anything made public so far. "If these are released to the public, obviously it's going to make matters worse," Rumsfeld said. Since then, the Washington Post has disclosed some new details and images of abuse at the prison. But if Seymour Hersh is right, it all gets much worse.

Hersh: Children sodomized at Abu Ghraib, on tape - War Room - Salon.com

Hersh: Children sodomized at Abu Ghraib, on tape

Total depravity

edit: i hadn't realised this article was 4 years old - however it's news to me

I read a report of a boy being raped in abu ghraib some years ago.

Allegedly a female US soldier callously took pictures of the abuse as it happened and did nothing to stop it.

Abu Ghraib: inmates raped, ridden like animals, and forced to eat pork - Middle East, World - The Independent

Of course Chuck Graner who was convicted for offences at abu ghraib, had been a guard in the US prison system.

It has often been alleged that rape of male prisoners is a horrific problem in US prisons.

He3

Coming out in the wash now

Maj Gen Taguba’s internal inquiry into the abuse at Abu Ghraib, included sworn statements by 13 detainees, which, he said in the report, he found “credible based on the clarity of their statements and supporting evidence provided by other witnesses.”

Among the graphic statements, which were later released under US freedom of information laws, is that of Kasim Mehaddi Hilas in which he says: “I saw [name of a translator] ******* a kid, his age would be about 15 to 18 years. The kid was hurting very bad and they covered all the doors with sheets. Then when I heard screaming I climbed the door because on top it wasn’t covered and I saw [name] who was wearing the military uniform, putting his **** in the little kid’s ***…. and the female soldier was taking pictures.”

Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape' - Telegraph

It could never happen here.

Last edited:
A

Asi-Irish

I'm surprised that none of the usual suspects has been on to defend this practice yet.

He3

Clanrickard

I'm surprised that none of the usual suspects has been on to defend this practice yet.
No one defends this kind of thing. What I object to is that it is used by people with an agenda to suggest this is routine behaviour for the US military and is some kind of moral yardstick for the US and their foreign policy. Listening to some you'd think this was routine for US army personnel. It wasn't. The result is moral one upmanship with Islamists and the left using these goings on to score politcal points while downplaying or ignoring the rotten, corrupt and twisted systems that exist in countries who have an animus against the US. The wall to wall coverage of Guantanmo Bay and Abu Ghraib contrasts sharply with the limited coverage of the far worse goings on in prisons in Iran, North Korea, Burma, Syria and Turkey and many other countries.

Dr Qasim Afridi

Border... I dont think he can do anyone any favours... ;)

Such behaviour is a norm in the US military...

Take the case of Steven Green for example...

Steven Dale Green - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The problem is very little is coming to the surface as the mainstream "independent" media is part and parcel of the problem... They even have a word for this... They call it "balance"...

Destiny's Soldier

What I object to is that it is used by people with an agenda to suggest this is routine behaviour for the US military and is some kind of moral yardstick for the US and their foreign policy.

It is routine in more ways than one.

The US dropping cluster bombs on Afghan, Iraqi and Pakistani villages blows the sexual organs of children off. Many are sodomised with shrapnel at explosive speed.

The US proxy Israel, dropping Phosphorous bombs on Gaza and Southern Lebanon burns the sexual organs of children off.

See, sexually abusing a child using a 1000 foot high military jet IS so routine, Obama was able to do it within 3 days of his Presidency.

Albert Aherne

Clanrickard, can't you do us a favour and avoid discussions for adults?
That's a good put down.I must remember that.Most of my put down's relate to lack of correct medication and escaping from mental hospitals etc ...nothing too nasty or personal.:D

Limerick Lad

It is routine in more ways than one.

The US dropping cluster bombs on Afghan, Iraqi and Pakistani villages blows the sexual organs of children off. Many are sodomised with shrapnel at explosive speed.

The US proxy Israel, dropping Phosphorous bombs on Gaza and Southern Lebanon burns the sexual organs of children off.

See, sexually abusing a child using a 1000 foot high military jet IS so routine, Obama was able to do it within 3 days of his Presidency.

It takes a very strange mind to extrapolate accusations of sexual abuse and sodomy on children in such circumstance. Is it only American bombs that cause such sexual assaults or do the bombs of other countries and groups kill children with kisses when they blow them up.

Last edited:

Clanrickard

It takes a very strange mind to extrapolate accusations of sexual abuse and sodomy on children in such circumstance. Is it only American bombs that cause such sexual assaults or do the bombs of other countries and groups kill children with kisses when they blow them up.
Not a strange mind. A twisted one.

Destiny's Soldier

Can you name another country that has invaded or attacked more than 72 countries since 1945?

It takes a lucid mind that can see child abuse at many levels that gets apologised for by the likes of Alan Shatter.

Clanrickard

Destiny's Soldier

He3

Lindy England was asked by Fi Glover on Radio 4 what she would say now to the prisoners in abu ghraib. England said she didn't want to sound callous but that it was nothing personal.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies