Hersh: Children sodomized at Abu Ghraib, on tape

He3

I wonder if cheap video recorders had been available in Ireland in the 50s-70s would the religious orders have been found out sooner.
or the internet

merle haggard

these women and children were brutally murdered by US troops soon after this picture was taken . Hundreds were raped ,maimed , tortured , hung , murdered and mutilated in this incident alone. Over 500 civilians butchered ranging in ages from one year old to over 80. Next to nothing done about it .

“ Soldiers went berserk, gunning down unarmed men, women, children and babies. Families which huddled together for safety in huts or bunkers were shown no mercy. Those who emerged with hands held high were murdered. ... Elsewhere in the village, other atrocities were in progress. Women were gang raped; Vietnamese who had bowed to greet the Americans were beaten with fists and tortured, clubbed with rifle butts and stabbed with bayonets. Some victims were mutilated with the signature "C Company" carved into the chest. By late morning word had got back to higher authorities and a cease-fire was ordered. My Lai was in a state of carnage. Bodies were strewn through the village.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_massacre#cite_note-BBC-1998-1

BBC news

My Lai Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the man who investigated it on behalf of the US military was Colin Powell , who did a very thorough job in covering the atrocity up and justifying the horrific murders in many cases by suggesting the unarmed civilians were in fact insurgents .

interesting view here on this and similar outrages committed by the US military

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS4OQc0mQNU&feature=related]YouTube - On War - Heart of Darkness - 29 Dec 08 - Part 1[/ame]

Dr Qasim Afridi

This made me shiver with disgust...

It reminded me of an incident in Iraq that DID make its way to mainstream media...

Of particular interest to this topic is how Just the Americans are in convicting murderers and killers of old men, women and children... Check out beneath the heading Charges dropped!!!

Haditha killings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These things are actually happening on a fairly regular basis...

'Up to 80 civilians dead' after US air strikes in Afghanistan | World news | The Observer

Patrick Cockburn: Who killed 120 civilians? The US says it's not a story - Commentators, Opinion - The Independent

I could continue but the point is... Why are the governments of the world silent in face of this murderous behavior? (Not talking about the US and UK and the countries that are part of this so called war against terrorism obviously)... Is the job of the media only to report such things and then wait for it to happen again and then to report it again? Are journalists not disgusted and disturbed by whats happening? Are they not drawn to use their pens to struggle against this kind of barbarism?

To God we belong to God we return

New Threads

Most Replies