Hey Whitey ! Get your sorry ass down to the back !

former wesleyan

Halifax music festival apologizes for ‘overt racism’ after volunteer refuses to give spot near stage to women of colour | National Post

Lido Pimienta orders white people to the back of her concert and " brown " peole to the front. Not only does the Halifax concert promoters question this behaviour, they accuse a white photographer of racism because she stayed where she was; understandable really because it was her job to photograph the event.

I presume there is a cohort of " white " flagellants willing to debase themselves ?

Racism loud and clear. Do you have a point to make?

RasherHash

Halifax music festival apologizes for ‘overt racism’ after volunteer refuses to give spot near stage to women of colour | National Post

Lido Pimienta orders white people to the back of her concert and " brown " peole to the front. Not only does the Halifax concert promoters question this behaviour, they accuse a white photographer of racism because she stayed where she was; understandable really because it was her job to photograph the event.

I presume there is a cohort of " white " flagellants willing to debase themselves ?
Pimienta looks more white than black, perhaps she's embarrassed that she's not black enough :confused:

paddycomeback

Excuse me. This website is called Politics Dot IE. DOT IE. IE as in IRELAND. If you want to discuss Canadian politics seek out a Canadian website or create your own.

RasherHash

Excuse me. This website is called Politics Dot IE. DOT IE. IE as in IRELAND. If you want to discuss Canadian politics seek out a Canadian website or create your own.
Lol :)

RasherHash

Anyway her band is all whities...perhaps they identify as black :confused:

Gin Soaked

So no threads on US or world politics then..

As Brian Lenihan said., Ireland is an Island.

Brenny

Weird incident, the artist is question identifies as being of African and Native Colombian descent but I'd bet my house that there's a lot of Spanish/European in her ancestry as well. I'm blue-eyed and relatively fair-skinned but if I was there I'd declare myself a 'brown-person' and defy anyone to prove otherwise. The photographer in question should have done the same, put on a rasta hat and say your great-grandaddy was black.

gijoe

Hey - check your privilege........... cracker!! :)

RasherHash

Weird incident, the artist is question identifies as being of African and Native Colombian descent but I'd bet my house that there's a lot of Spanish/European in her ancestry as well. I'm blue-eyed and relatively fair-skinned but if I was there I'd declare myself a 'brown-person' and defy anyone to prove otherwise. The photographer in question should have done the same, put on a rasta hat and say your great-grandaddy was black.
And a slave, who was whipped to death.

And whitey ate him.

And he identified as a woman.

Dame_Enda

They should practice what they preach.

ireallyshouldknowbetter

Like the white professor who refused to partake in Evergreen College's day without white people, that white photographer is a privileged white supremacist shítlord who should be publicly shamed for upholding racism by not fu(king off immediately once ordered to by a Person of Colour.

ffc

If an artist has a particular theme that they like to explore during their concert, what's the problem?
It is, apparently, a regular part of her set, which she uses as a means of getting a message across. No-one is being forcibly expelled because they are white, they are asked to leave if they don't go along with the spirit of the performance.

ireallyshouldknowbetter

If an artist has a particular theme that they like to explore during their concert, what's the problem?
It is, apparently, a regular part of her set, which she uses as a means of getting a message across. No-one is being forcibly expelled because they are white, they are asked to leave if they don't go along with the spirit of the performance.
Great, and if a white performer wants to explore "a particular theme" by ordering all of the black people to the back of the venue, that'd be fine and dandy as well, presumably?

ffc

Great, and if a white performer wants to explore "a particular theme" by ordering all of the black people to the back of the venue, that'd be fine and dandy as well, presumably?
Is there widespread racism, against white people in Canada? Maybe there is and if there is, then exploring that theme would be appropriate.
Let's say, when the entire Canadian government is made up of people of colour, when the police force, the judges, the educationalists and the senior army are all black and when the television shows contain one token white person, usually as a criminal or gangster.

RasherHash

Is there widespread racism, against white people in Canada? Maybe there is and if there is, then exploring that theme would be appropriate.
Let's say, when the entire Canadian government is made up of people of colour, when the police force, the judges, the educationalists and the senior army are all black and when the television shows contain one token white person, usually as a criminal or gangster.
Are you saying that's the situation in Canada, whitewise?

Another point is even if that were the case, forcing whites to go to the back (of the bus) in a reverse racist discrimination reinforces the state racism, many people will say, 'ok, that's the way you want to play, we'll keep our white privilege near'.

ireallyshouldknowbetter

So it would be ok for a white supremacist to order black people to the back of the room, but only if he was playing a concert in Zimbabwe.

Also, you seem to think Canada is some sort of all-white Fourth Reich, whereas in actuality, minorities are better represented in Canada than in any other country on Earth. Probably a bit better than whites in Zimbabwe anyway.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/canada-new-parliament-most-diverse-ever

The newly elected Canadian parliament which handed the Liberal party leader, Justin Trudeau, his landslide majority on Monday will be the country’s most diverse, with more female, Muslim and First Nation members than ever before in the nation’s history.

RasherHash

So it would be ok for a white supremacist to order black people to the back of the room, but only if he was playing a concert in Zimbabwe.

Also, you seem to think Canada is some sort of all-white Fourth Reich, whereas in actuality, minorities are better represented in Canada than in any other country on Earth. Probably a bit better than whites in Zimbabwe anyway.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/canada-new-parliament-most-diverse-ever
Blacks in the US are better represented than their proportionate numbers would justify.

Whites are thereby underrepresented.

ffc

Are you saying that's the situation in Canada, whitewise?

Another point is even if that were the case, forcing whites to go to the back (of the bus) in a reverse racist discrimination reinforces the state racism, many people will say, 'ok, that's the way you want to play, we'll keep our white privilege near'.
Not necessarily, but there is clearly not an anti-white racism culture in Canada, or Ireland or the UK, France or Germany. If you are white, you are not going to suffer racism in those countries. Your job, your career, your access to education, healthcare or public services will not be determined in any significant way by your colour.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies