Hey Whitey ! Get your sorry ass down to the back !

InsideImDancing

Can't believe that article and the organisers are attacking the photographer.

The singer is a racist bitch, should be fek'n match abandoned on her.

Clanrickard

Can't believe that article and the organisers are attacking the photographer.

The singer is a racist bitch, should be fek'n match abandoned on her.
Another coloured with a chip on her shoulder.

ffc

Yeah, clearly the thread title was intended to be a bit humorous.:roll:

Asking a photographer to give up the place she had got at the front, and move down the back, on the basis of her skin colour is treating her less favourably on account of her race - that is racism.
If you invite a group of people to the front, it means some people will have to give up their spot.
It's a part of this singer's performance. This "photographer", who was part of the volunteer group who manage the event, would surely have been aware of this part of the performance. She didn't pay to get in, she wasn't asked by the singer to take photographs, so I suspect she was fully aware of what she was doing, stirring it up and then claiming she was a victim.

talkingshop

If you invite a group of people to the front, it means some people will have to give up their spot.
So you are agreeing in effect that what she was doing was asking white people to give up the spots at the front, to be replaced by brown people? I don't see what your criticism of the thread title is then - it's precisely right, she was asking white people to go the back!

It's a part of this singer's performance. This "photographer", who was part of the volunteer group who manage the event, would surely have been aware of this part of the performance. She didn't pay to get in, she wasn't asked by the singer to take photographs, so I suspect she was fully aware of what she was doing, stirring it up and then claiming she was a victim.
Possibly. Or possibly she thought they would leave her alone as she was taking photos (maybe in a semi-official capacity?), or maybe she thought this moving to the back bit was voluntary, you were merely being asked to do so, but allowed make your own decision on it. And maybe she (understandably imo) dug her heels in when some bunch of virtue-signallers, and the performer, started ordering her to move.

NiallGK

I wonder what people like Martin Luther King or Rosa Parks would have made of this kind of carry on.

Watcher2

Halifax music festival apologizes for ‘overt racism’ after volunteer refuses to give spot near stage to women of colour | National Post

Lido Pimienta orders white people to the back of her concert and " brown " peole to the front. Not only does the Halifax concert promoters question this behaviour, they accuse a white photographer of racism because she stayed where she was; understandable really because it was her job to photograph the event.

I presume there is a cohort of " white " flagellants willing to debase themselves ?
Black people can't be racist. Everyone knows that.

PC Principle

Not necessarily, but there is clearly not an anti-white racism culture in Canada, or Ireland or the UK, France or Germany. If you are white, you are not going to suffer racism in those countries. Your job, your career, your access to education, healthcare or public services will not be determined in any significant way by your colour.
You are so full of shîtè.

I've been physically assaulted twice by racist blacks and verbally many other times in the U.K. and the USA for being with black woman.

People like you are scum.

ffc

You are so full of shîtè.

I've been physically assaulted twice by racist blacks and verbally many other times in the U.K. and the USA for being with black woman.

People like you are scum.
There is a difference between bigotry, where you get racist abuse hurled at you and the institutional racism which prevents you from gaining employment, or access to education, healthcare, etc.
I am sure there are many bigoted black people, who hate white people, and your experiences are appalling. However, I suspect that those individuals were not likely to affect your employment prospects, or your access to healthcare, education etc. And if you sought justice, from the police, your colour was unlikely to be a factor in whether they took you seriously.

benroe

There is a difference between bigotry, where you get racist abuse hurled at you and the institutional racism which prevents you from gaining employment, or access to education, healthcare, etc.
I am sure there are many bigoted black people, who hate white people, and your experiences are appalling. However, I suspect that those individuals were not likely to affect your employment prospects, or your access to healthcare, education etc. And if you sought justice, from the police, your colour was unlikely to be a factor in whether they took you seriously.
How can there be institutional racism in a country whose laws prevent any denial of access on grounds of race or religion?
Sure there are racists in every institution but you cannot claim the institution they belong to is itself racist unless you can show a policy document that explicitly promotes it?

PC Principle

Firstly there is no institutional racism in any of those countries you mentioned and even if there was institutional racism it doesn't only become racist if it's institutional.

Secondly, you clearly haven't got a clue what you are talking about. Probably live in a white only bubble and never met or had any meaningful relationship with non whites.

It shows from your ideological BS and naivety.

Clanrickard

There is a difference between bigotry, where you get racist abuse hurled at you and the institutional racism which prevents you from gaining employment, or access to education, healthcare, etc. .
You have examples of this is Canada?

ffc

Firstly there is no institutional racism in any of those countries you mentioned and even if there was institutional racism it doesn't only become racist if it's institutional.

Secondly, you clearly haven't got a clue what you are talking about. Probably live in a white only bubble and never met or had any meaningful relationship with non whites.

It shows from your ideological BS and naivety.
Maybe, but i can spot a bull************************ter from this bubble.

ffc

How can there be institutional racism in a country whose laws prevent any denial of access on grounds of race or religion?
Sure there are racists in every institution but you cannot claim the institution they belong to is itself racist unless you can show a policy document that explicitly promotes it?
By institutionally racist I mean the institution is not representative of the demographic it serves.
If a university, or a school or a government body or the parliament are overwhelmingly white, then they could be described as institutionally racist. It doesn't mean the people who work there are racist or bigoted, or that laws don't exist to protect minorities and promote equal opportunities. It's just a fact, those places, for whatever, reason do not represent the society they serve.

aiteal

Halifax music festival apologizes for ‘overt racism’ after volunteer refuses to give spot near stage to women of colour | National Post

Lido Pimienta orders white people to the back of her concert and " brown " peole to the front. Not only does the Halifax concert promoters question this behaviour, they accuse a white photographer of racism because she stayed where she was; understandable really because it was her job to photograph the event.

I presume there is a cohort of " white " flagellants willing to debase themselves ?
It's probably a good thing you never went to a Bikini Kill concert back in the day, your little white hetrosexual heart would have burst from the oppression.

ireallyshouldknowbetter

Speaking of institutional racism, the 'system' in the US and some other countries that are big into 'affirmative action' such as Canada makes it perfectly legal to discriminate against white people and Asian people in favour of black people.

In the US, black students get awarded 230 bonus points on their SATs for being black. There's your institutional racism. The black son of a millionaire gets a 230 point headstart over a white kid from a trailer park because of his skin colour.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies