High Court overturns refusal to give serial Dáil protester bail

greengoose2

USER1234

“Stop bringing plant machinery up to the Dáil, that’s all I’m telling you,” the inspector remarked.

So they trump up a charge of dangerous driving! As he was on top of the world he couldn't have been driving. That small time judge is looking like a real FF lackey. Thankfully the HC judge saw some sense. As fro the first charge of criminal damage - the gate was repainted within the day so there is no evidence. I would do him for illegal parking and clamp his vehicle!
1) No matter if the gate was repainted within the day its still criminal damage and I imagine they got the evidence of the damage they need before it was repainted!!!!

2) Although I agree the gardai were very silly to arrest this guy and then refuse him bail on this charge, he really should have used his brain and stayed away while he's out on bail until the charges against him are done!!!

Last edited:

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
In fairness, Article 40 of the Constitution does require equality before the law, and any leniency shown here would also have to be shown to similar protests against future governments irrespective of their role or otherwise in causing/resolving the economic-crisis. The institutions of the State - flawed as they undoubtedly are - are the last line against anarchy and anarchy is the great enemy of sovereignty, which is why anarchitss traditionally oppose the concept of the State. And without sovereignty there is no democracy. In protecting this Oireachtas the courts are also protecting those of the future. The Opposition is also being protected. Part of living in a democracy is that we resolve our problems peacefully, and there is no room for anarchy and attacks on property. Driving diggers to Leinster House in this context is not compatible with the necessary security of the institutions of the State. It is not the Tuileries Palace in 1792 and we haven't erected a guillotine in Merrion Square. If you want to go French then you know where the airport is. :roll:

Last edited:

Sync

I'm guessing this bit will be totally overlooked and people will continue their ridiculous conspiracy rants.

After a one-hour break, counsel for the State, Paul Anthony McDermott, said he had been directed by the Director of Public Prosecutions not to oppose the application to release Mr McNamara.

USER1234

I'm guessing this bit will be totally overlooked and people will continue their ridiculous conspiracy rants.

After a one-hour break, counsel for the State, Paul Anthony McDermott, said he had been directed by the Director of Public Prosecutions not to oppose the application to release Mr McNamara
Very probably!!!!

Aindriu

I'm guessing that the DPF will quietly drop the trumped up charge of dangerous driving as well.

This whole thing is making the gardai look extremely heavy handed and mismanaged (which they are IMHO) and will appear to the outside world that freedom of speech and expression are denied in Ireland contrary to the human rights act.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
I'm guessing that the DPF will quietly drop the trumped up charge of dangerous driving as well.

This whole thing is making the gardai look extremely heavy handed and mismanaged (which they are IMHO) and will appear to the outside world that freedom of speech and expression are denied in Ireland contrary to the human rights act.
Crashing into a gate is not freedom of speech it is vandalism. It is ironic seeing the Left siding with a former property-developer. :)

jerry springer

This guy really pisses me off .He was a property developer who took his chances in the commericial world things went wrong for him and of course now blames the goverment.
When are we going to grow up and take responsability for our own actions and yes if you do drive up to the Dail and ram the gates be prepared to go to jail

Aindriu

Crashing into a gate is not freedom of speech it is vandalism. It is ironic seeing the Left siding with a former property-developer. :)
He didn't crash into to it you numpty. If he had crashed into it it would have been burst open! Have you any idea what that truck weighs?

He is on film driving slowly up to it and stopping.

Vandalism my hole. What is vandalism is taking food from the mouths of the vulnerable in society which is what that ************************er Lenihan did yesterday!

FutureTaoiseach

Website
He didn't crash into to it you numpty. If he had crashed into it it would have been burst open! Have you any idea what that truck weighs?

He is on film driving slowly up to it and stopping.

Vandalism my hole. What is vandalism is taking food from the mouths of the vulnerable in society which is what that ************************er Lenihan did yesterday!
It's the height to nonsense to suggest the decisions taken yesterday are making people starve. The people of the North aren't starving on jobseeker's-allowance of approx. €80 per week. People need to adopt their financial activities and family-planning to the new economic-realities.

Aindriu

It's the height to nonsense to suggest the decisions taken yesterday are making people starve. The people of the North aren't starving on jobseeker's-allowance of approx. €80 per week. People need to adopt their financial activities and family-planning to the new economic-realities.
I wish eejits like you would stop comparing the BASIC levels of welfare in the UK to here!

Read the following:

1. Virtually no one in the UK only receives job seekers allowance - it is topped up by other allowances which bring it much closer to our levels.
  2. The cost of living in the UK is FAR lower than here.
  3. The lower levels of child allowance are compensated by giving tax credits to the lower paid, thus raising their allowance.
  4. They have a 100% free public health system - including GP visits.
  5. All those on benefits in the UK receive 100% free prescriptions, 100% free dental treatment and 90% free optical treatment.
As for your claim that no-one here will starve, you try living on €186 per week smart ar$e!

Cassandra Syndrome

I'm sure the people who starved to death in the 1840s had lots of freedom of speech. Feck all good to them. On hindsight had they had revolted against the Corn Laws a lot of carnage would have been avoided.

As Orwell said "If you want a vision of the future, picture a boot stamping on a human face, forever"

Not only does Paddy allow this to happen, he licks the boot as well.

There are traitors within Leinster House. The law is rigged in their favour. What else should one do? Free Speech is going to change the dictatorship?.

Get real. The only hope is that Market Forces will cripple them. That at least I am very condfident will happen.

FakeViking

if you do drive up to the Dail and ram the gates be prepared to go to jail

a) Are you even vaguely aware of the facts?

b) Have you any idea of how much Paul Anthony McDermott SC charges per day?

c) What percentage of those facing alleged dangerous driving (actually illegal parking) are facing summary jail?

FutureTaoiseach

Website
Well my mother lives on that per week in her old-age pension after losing 75% of her worth in the banking-equity meltdown so yes it is possible to live on it if you don't have children or a mortgage. And if you have children you are getting it several times over anyway. Now I agree this govt is appalling but we are going to have to remove disincentives to work as part of bringing down our staggering unemployment rate. Spending two-thirds of the national-budget on social-welfare is the lunatics taking over the asylum and if anything yesterday's budget was disgraceful because it didn't cut welfare nearly enough. Universal benefits should be abolished and replaced with means-tested ones.

mickdotcom

a) Are you even vaguely aware of the facts?

b) Have you any idea of how much Paul Anthony McDermott SC charges per day?

c) What percentage of those facing alleged dangerous driving (actually illegal parking) are facing summary jail?
You might be slightly off the mark in regard tio McDermott's fees-

for one Bail Applications are at a set rate- so it wouldnt really matter who they were considering

and 2- McDermott is not an SC

Bar Council of Ireland

I naturaly assume that you made a simple error,

wexfordman

Tell me ft, should the OAP not have been cut also with unrmploymet benefit?

Aindriu

Now I agree this govt is appalling but we are going to have to remove disincentives to work as part of bringing down our staggering unemployment rate.
Read this:

THERE ARE NO FECKIN JOBS!!!!!

You cannot reduce 'our staggering unemployment rate' if there are no jobs in the first place!

Binnman

God help Ireland if you are a "future taoiseach"! Even worse than the incumbent. :(

The facts are that this man drove his concrete mixer SLOWLEY up against the gate of the Kildare St. entrance to Leinster House. As the engine stopped, as is normal for all engines, the vehicle shook as it (the engine) slowed to a stop. Unfortunately, and un-intentionally, the movement of the cab of the vehicle appeared to remove some paint from the gates to the Dail.

To claim that the truck "crashed" into the gates is a total misuse of the English language.

[As the same gates already needed a re-paint, what harm was done? Given the number of foreign TV OBUs in Kildare Street yesterday, surely that was a good thing?]

Please look at the YouTube video(s), and desist spreading mis-information about this event.

I certainly have no love of Joe's business/banking history, but I emphatically applaud his audacious PEACEFUL protest(s). All very well thought out. A bit more advanced compared with the gentleman who chained himself in the Passport Office. But I liked that action too!

A pity that his peaceful protests have been so mis-represented in the media, and by you. We actually need more people like Joe who will take PEACEFUL, but attention getting, actions against this undemocratic government (= refusing to hold by-elections, given the likely outcome).

And Yes, the police made absolute fools of themselves as regards how they handled these events. However, I'm not surprised by the actions of the garda management, (most individual guards are the best in the world; vide the praise for those involved in the clerical sex investigations, etc., etc).

Cabbage/Turnip

This guy really pisses me off .He was a property developer who took his chances in the commericial world things went wrong for him and of course now blames the goverment.
When are we going to grow up and take responsability for our own actions and yes if you do drive up to the Dail and ram the gates be prepared to go to jail
tell that to the bondholders who have put this country in 10's of billions in debt and pushes the responibility onto teh normal citizen... maybe you should grow up and smell the sh!t you speak

FutureTaoiseach

Website
tell that to the bondholders who have put this country in 10's of billions in debt and pushes the responibility onto teh normal citizen
If it wasn't for bondholders who lent to the Irish banks, they would have collapsed a long time ago. It is because they are wisely refusing to lend to this bankrupt government that we had to go to the IMF/EU. When we finally get off the IMF's leash, we will have to return to the same bondholders you condemn to beg them to buy our debt. You are evidently a student of the "cutting off your nose despite your face" school of economics. :roll:
wexfordman said:
Tell me ft, should the OAP not have been cut also with unrmploymet benefit?
For the wealthy yes. Means-test it. Force the civil servants in the Depts. of Finance and Social Protection to share information so they can cancel welfare payments for those above a certain net-income. Ireland is a monument to the ruin that befalls a country that becomes enslaved to government-entitlement. It has sapped our entrepreneurial spirit and destroyed our competitiveness. The sole purpose of a welfare-state should be social-protection for those who need it - not social-engineering along Marxist lines. :roll:

Last edited:

New Threads

Most Replies