Hijra creates Fitna in Longford - Judge appoints Mediator to Resolve Sectarian Tensions at Mosque

picador

The judge appointed a mediator as seven men appeared in court after a protest turned violent at Longford Islamic Centre last year. Supporters of an imam who was deposed, allegedly for heightening sectarian divisions between Sunni and Shi'a muslims, had been protesting against the governing council. In court one of the mosque's directors alluded to factionalising and threats of violence.

Worth keeping an eye on this - who are these factions and what do they want? Who is this former imam and what was he preaching?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0929/820158-longford-muslim-dispute/

Hijra = migration
Fitna = strife

GabhaDubh

Picador, Oscurito started a thread on this at 5:42.

GabhaDubh

Yeah, but he's a Sunni and I'm a follower of Ali.
Which one of you guys has the backing of Iran or Saudi Arabia or Hamas or Hezb0llah, where is my Middle East score card.

picador

Which one of you guys has the backing of Iran or Saudi Arabia or Hamas or Hezb0llah, where is my Middle East score card.
Hamas are fruits. The king of Saudi sucks coq.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
...go down on who?

Kershaw

The judge appointed a mediator as seven men appeared in court after a protest turned violent at Longford Islamic Centre last year. Supporters of an imam who was deposed, allegedly for heightening sectarian divisions between Sunni and Shi'a muslims, had been protesting against the governing council. In court one of the mosque's directors alluded to factionalising and threats of violence.

Worth keeping an eye on this - who are these factions and what do they want? Who is this former imam and what was he preaching?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0929/820158-longford-muslim-dispute/

Hijra = migration
Fitna = strife
Fab title. Really shows you are embracing multicultural Ireland. Thanks for the translations too. Sitting here feeling really enriched right now.

shoneen

Perhaps we should look at getting a panel of multicultural experts together to help smooth over these kinds of problems? If the Irish Times could spare them, I think the likes of Fintan and Una could head up to Longford and sort things out very quickly. ;-)

Any other suitable candidates?

picador

Fab title. Really shows you are embracing multicultural Ireland. Thanks for the translations too. Sitting here feeling really enriched right now.
Shukran habibi.

flavirostris

Perhaps we should look at getting a panel of multicultural experts together to help smooth over these kinds of problems? If the Irish Times could spare them, I think the likes of Fintan and Una could head up to Longford and sort things out very quickly. ;-)

Any other suitable candidates?
Colm O'Gorman. Hopefully he'll be thrown off a roof.

New Threads

Most Replies