• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Hilarious Redneck Ad Dares US Government to Ban Guns.

stopdoingstuff

I love Americans and their capacity to bring every political debate to it's lowest common denominator. In recent times, anti-gun people have been at this an awful lot, parading tearful parents and various victims of gun violence in front of cameras in the hope emotionally blackmailing people into supporting a particular position. But just when we thought the bottom of a very corny barrel had been reached, the pro-gun lobby came roaring back with one of the most unintentionally amusing advertisements I have ever seen. Check this out, but before you do, you should get a cowboy hat and possibly start referring to Arabs as Eh-rabs.

[video=youtube;3vcr5-QvMdY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3vcr5-QvMdY[/video]

Tin Foil Hat

I love Americans and their capacity to bring every political debate to it's lowest common denominator. In recent times, anti-gun people have been at this an awful lot, parading tearful parents and various victims of gun violence in front of cameras in the hope emotionally blackmailing people into supporting a particular position. But just when we thought the bottom of a very corny barrel had been reached, the pro-gun lobby came roaring back with one of the most unintentionally amusing advertisements I have ever seen. Check this out, but before you do, you should get a cowboy hat and possibly start referring to Arabs as Eh-rabs.

[video=youtube;3vcr5-QvMdY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3vcr5-QvMdY[/video]
How dare they! :?

Bea C

I dunno quite what to say.
Matt Groening wouldn't run that, he'd regard it as over the top?

Kevin Doyle

That has to be a p*ss take

statsman

At last, a coherent argument in favour of drones.

I honestly don't find it hilarious.

Just more of the usual "cold dead hands" stuff.

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
Check this out, but before you do, you should get a cowboy hat and possibly start referring to Arabs as Eh-rabs.
If memory serves correct, these type of loons have enjoyed a lot of support on P.ie in the past. From 'Ruby Ridge' to the Tax = Slavery sloganeering (the orgins of both are the same), support expressed on P.ie for right wing loons in the US has been fairly stalworth, and from some pretty strange corners. It extended to ludicus proclamations that the (re)birth of the 'Lakota Nation' spelled the end of the US Federal system (we have a thread dedicated to that on P.ie). And closer to home; cowboy hats are not the headgear needed to argue that there is a right or need to retain guns, only balaclavas are required. And our own 'sports' pistol enthusiats have been out fighting proposed anti pistol legisation too.

I am not having a go at your post. But the US's problems are its own, but we should be a lot more wary of seeing them in a context where are looking down on internal politics US in general. A lot closer to home we have similar problems and very similar mindsets, and oddly from people who think their political views are either radical or somehow liberal.

james5001

If memory serves correct, these type of loons have enjoyed a lot of support on P.ie in the past. From 'Ruby Ridge' to the Tax = Slavery sloganeering (the orgins of both are the same), support expressed on P.ie for right wing loons in the US has been fairly stalworth, and from some pretty strange corners. It extended to ludicus proclamations that the (re)birth of the 'Lakota Nation' spelled the end of the US Federal system (we have a thread dedicated to that on P.ie). And closer to home; cowboy hats are not the headgear needed to argue that there is a right or need to retain guns, only balaclavas are required. And our own 'sports' pistol enthusiats have been out fighting proposed anti pistol legisation too.

I am not having a go at your post. But the US's problems are its own, but we should be a lot more wary of seeing them in a context where are looking down on internal politics US in general. A lot closer to home we have similar problems and very similar mindsets, and oddly from people who think their political views are either radical or somehow liberal.
I can only think of one poster who may have held those positions.

chapm

First they wanted Independence from the Mexicans. Then they wanted to become a state in the USA. Then they seceded. What now? Texans...bloody flip-flopers.

ManOfReason

Love the way the guy is trying his best to sound like Clink Eastwood :) Song is great however, corny as hell, but great :)

stopdoingstuff

Very true but they are not as funny as these guys. This is priceless.

stopdoingstuff

But more importantly, listen to what they are saying. They are saying, "we have guns, and if you try to take them we will shoot you.". This is am open challenge to the government, and I will be very interested to see how it plays out. And it is not as if the basic attitude is some sort of fringe view- gun ownership in the states is very mainstream and they are a massive lobby.

Kevin Doyle

But more importantly, listen to what they are saying. They are saying, "we have guns, and if you try to take them we will shoot you.". This is am open challenge to the government, and I will be very interested to see how it plays out. And it is not as if the basic attitude is some sort of fringe view- gun ownership in the states is very mainstream and they are a massive lobby.

Druidess

Dear me...is that actually Clint Eastwood? I think it is!

Hitch 22

F*CK 'EM!

[video=youtube;jWxTsF1kw5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWxTsF1kw5s[/video]

Hitch 22

There's no question about it.

There will be armed resistance.

So does Obama want to have 1,000 Wacos?

Popular Threads

Most Replies