• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Hiliary Clinton admitted to hospital with Blood Clot

spidermom

gatsbygirl20

Hillary Clinton hospitalized with blood clot

Presumably a cerebral clot following her recent concussion.
Information pretty sketchy.
"Could", I suppose, have long term implications for her political future?
I did not hear about the concussion.

Hope the lady is ok.

Can they not dissolve the clot or use anti-coagulants instead of say, surgery, as the former would have no effect on her mental process? Or perhaps I'm wrong

For a cerebral, bright career woman, the idea of surgery to the brain must be terrifying, with a fear of lowered mental function...

Tea Party Patriot

If she is very ill this would be a major blow to Obama, especially as Bill would be likely to drop off the scene and he still carries a lot of clout with the American public.

I wish her well and a speedy recovery, while I have no love for the Democrats fiscal policies, I have a lot of time for the Clinton's due to their bringing relative peace to Northern Ireland.

Astral Peaks

If she is very ill this would be a major blow to Obama, especially as Bill would be likely to drop off the scene and he still carries a lot of clout with the American public.

I wish her well and a speedy recovery, while I have no love for the Democrats fiscal policies, I have a lot of time for the Clinton's due to their bringing relative peace to Northern Ireland.
Obama has already replaced her, as you may know? So hardly a major blow.

Astral Peaks

The National Enquirer said the other day she had brain cancer, and that's why she had the fall in the first place.
Tiredness and dehydration caused the fall, according to AP, who I would treat as just ever so slightly more reliable than the Enquirer.

gatsbygirl20

The Enquirer admitted to "making up a story" about Hillary in a different context: National Enquirer: How we made up our story about Hillary Clinton. « A Rake's Progress

Any old headline will do.

See also "Is Hillary a Lesbian?" "Hillary Is a Fashion Nightmare" "Is Hillary Binge Eating?" and other matters of grave global import which the brave and gutsy Enquirer never shrinks from publishing or hastily flinging up on the web, until it is forced to back down or apologise....but by then it has moved on to the next celebrity

Tea Party Patriot

I didn't actually, outside of a few random posts on here I wasn't following much over Christmas. Her departure is still a blow to Obama, there is a major publicity battle to be fought over the upcoming budget and keeping Bill interested and onside could help to sway the public.

alloverbartheshouting

As I would anyone in hospital, I wish Hilary Rodham Clinton a swift recovery.

FakeViking

I didn't actually, outside of a few random posts on here I wasn't following much over Christmas. Her departure is still a blow to Obama, there is a major publicity battle to be fought over the upcoming budget and keeping Bill interested and onside could help to sway the public.
So "I wasn't following much", yet you must post your latest random brain fart. Thanks very much.

Skyrocket

He has announced her replacement but she is still officially the Secretary of State (SoS) and will be until John Kerry is confirmed by the Senate. She is expected to leave office a few days after Obama's inauguration on January 20th although this could be hastened by her illness.

Regarding the main topic of the thread, this article explains the varying degrees of seriousness of blood clots: (Blood clots like Clinton's can be minor, but stroke is a worry if they travel to the brain | StarTribune.com)

If it has serious health implications, especially an effect on mental capacity from a stroke, then she is out of the 2016 race.

If it does not result in (immediate) serious health implications, her chances of running in 2016 have still decreased dramatically (although she will still be the Dem. frontrunner should she decide to run) because she will have to consider whether she's mentally and physically up for the rigours of 4 years in office as President. She has already spoken of her desire to just relax and get back to some sense of normality after leaving office as SoS when asked about her 2016 ambitions, if any.

Although I disagree with her politics, I hope it is not serious and she recovers well.

Partizan

Not Rodham's or her husband's biggest fan but I wish her a speedy recovery.

pippakin

There were rumours the 'fall' was more an effort to avoid speaking at an inquiry than an actual fall, and is there not another event she was meant to speak at. The cynic in me is wondering.

I wish her a speedy recovery

Astral Peaks

You missed the whole Susan Rice nomination/withdrawal kerfuffle? And Obama's subsequent choice of Kerry?

All of which happened well before the holiday?

As to it being a blow to Obama, I respectfully disagree.

Sec of State historically stays out of budget/fiscal issues, as the Secretary of the Treasury tends not to get involved in foreign policy details.

It's a demarcation thing.

I also think you are vastly overplaying Bill Clinton's influence on public sentiment in the US.

TiredOfBeingTired

Rocky

I hope she goes OK.

I doubt it will make any big impact to current politics. However there is still a chance she could run for and win the Democratic Nomination next time.

linny55

Fox practically accused her of hiding over Libya/Benghazi.

Analyzer

Fox practically accused her of hiding over Libya/Benghazi.
If she was not hiding...she should have been....it has turned into a debacle.

True Republican

i hope she makes a speedy recovery, herself and her husband have done a good job in terms of the peace process in the north of ireland.