• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Hillary Clinton is a liar - corporate media doesn't report it but...

Kommunist

Individuals do. Enjoy this fantastic summary of how many times this war mongering representative of the corporate elite u-turns on political positions. Opportunism at it's finest!

[video=youtube;-dY77j6uBHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI[/video]

The immediate role of the media here is pretty clear too, it is subservient to the whims of the ruling class.

GDPR

[video=youtube;44b-eKMtHl4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44b-eKMtHl4[/video]

milipod

I never had sexual relations with that corporation.

gleeful

America has democratically selected its two best citizens - the best humans in the country - to compete for the final prize: the right to choose which country to invade next.

roc_

Generally, Trump and Sanders have the 'anti-establishment' vote between them. Hillary has the 'establishment' vote. Put another way, those with something to lose vote Hillary. Those with nothing to lose vote Trump or Sanders.

Polly Ticks

My term of endearment for Hillary is 'hun.'

It's not short for 'honey.'

roc_

Also, some people might worry more about the simplifications both Trump and Sanders make of the world. Hillary at least, faces down its complexities and realities. So it becomes a question of having to choose the lesser evil.

ygargarin

Individuals do. Enjoy this fantastic summary of how many times this war mongering representative of the corporate elite u-turns on political positions. Opportunism at it's finest!

The immediate role of the media here is pretty clear too, it is subservient to the whims of the ruling class.
Interesting. Thank you for posting this. I must do some more research about her.

I've often wondered why so many traditional Democrat voters seem to hate Hillary Clinton. There are strong clues here.

However, even if all contradictions in policy and apparent lies alleged in that video are true, I would not vote for Trump in preference.

Looks like the parties have chosen a pair of chancers, for citizens to choose between.

ger12

I'd be somewhat nervous if I was Hilary, the unthinkable isn't so unthinkable anymore.

midlander12

I watched a 13-minute 'Hillary lying' video earlier in the week and, assuming it's the same one, it's mild enough. Personally I would have expected something we didn't actually know already. Politicians lie all the time, exaggerating their role in past events or changing their position on something like NAFTA and then pretending to have held position all along. The problem with both US parties is that they've both reached their lowest common denominator. All the other GOP candidates were either too establishment and centrist for the base or just utterly barking mad, so they end up with Trump who's overtly populist but economically relatively centrist (by GOP standards). No other serious Democrat wanted the job, so they ended up with Hillary who they like so little that even Bernie Sanders seems like a better option to many.

Trainwreck

I watched a 13-minute 'Hillary lying' video earlier in the week and, assuming it's the same one, it's mild enough. Personally I would have expected something we didn't actually know already. Politicians lie all the time, exaggerating their role in past events or changing their position on something like NAFTA and then pretending to have held position all along. The problem with both US parties is that they've both reached their lowest common denominator. All the other GOP candidates were either too establishment and centrist for the base or just utterly barking mad, so they end up with Trump who's overtly populist but economically relatively centrist (by GOP standards). No other serious Democrat wanted the job, so they ended up with Hillary who they like so little that even Bernie Sanders seems like a better option to many.
It leaves out other bloopers like the "my parents named me after Edmund Hilary".

The problem is that these are ridiculous lies. The pay off for her is virtually nothing (claiming to dodge sniper fire).

It is not then without substance to ask if she would lie about something that is worth a lot - like avoiding jail, of passing blame for the murder of a US ambassador.

Trainwreck

Also, some people might worry more about the simplifications both Trump and Sanders make of the world. Hillary at least, faces down its complexities and realities. So it becomes a question of having to choose the lesser evil.
Hilary does in my hole.

The "lesser evil" is still evil; and that's the problem. Hillary is so evidently a pro-corporate/pro-Wall St/pro-big money candidate and compromised in a thousand different ways by her associations with such, that only people who stand to gain from that, or have bought the projected image but who are completely ignorant of what she actually represents, would think she's a better choice than Sanders. She represents more of the same, a steady-hand-on-the-tiller continuation of the status quo; so if they're in any way unhappy with how US politics has devolved so much further to serve vested interests over the last two administrations, then they'd be crazy to vote for her.

And, make no mistake, they all simplify the world on the campaign trail. If you watch the process for any length of time, it's very apparent that they repeat themselves endlessly and dumb down their message continually as they do so; it's just one of the sad realities of the modern political discourse in such a massively culturally diverse, unequal and predominantly corporate media-served country.

Generally, Trump and Sanders have the 'anti-establishment' vote between them. Hillary has the 'establishment' vote. Put another way, those with something to lose vote Hillary. Those with nothing to lose vote Trump or Sanders.
Or you could say that "Hillary has the 'establishment' vote", [...] "those with nothing to lose vote Trump" - and those who see which direction things are and have been going and who actually care about holding on to what little they have left, and their country's remaining capability for serving the majority of its citizens interests, rather than those of the 1%; will vote for Sanders.

NYCKY

You only need to watch 20 seconds of this video to get the picture. Anderson Cooper, after listing several examples of her flip flops, asks her "will you say anything to get elected?" Andersons question was probably rhetorical.

roc_

Or you could say that "Hillary has the 'establishment' vote", [...] "those with nothing to lose vote Trump" - and those who see which direction things are and have been going and who actually care about holding on to what little they have left, and their country's remaining capability for serving the majority of its citizens interests, rather than those of the 1%; will vote for Sanders.
I too like what Sanders says.

But electorates "react". I think the major reaction will be to Obama's policies of "Hope" above real-politick.

Also, the following behind this whole 1% baloney, and conspiratorial agendas, and so on, is overblown on the internet imho. (Most people with proper jobs, apart from say software programmers, aren't on the internet talking sh1t they delude themselves into thinking is somehow swaying public opinion.)

Most voting Americans hold down proper jobs, and thus hold with such sentiments as:

“The central belief of every moron is that he is the victim of a mysterious conspiracy against his common rights and true deserts…[he] ascribes all his failures to get on in the world, all of his congenital incapacity and damfoolishness, to the machinations of werewolves assembled in Wall Street, or some other such den of infamy.” (HL Mencken).

The problem these people see, for example, is the utter failure of Obama's foreign policy, wrought through his unwillingness to dedicate adequate resources and commitment to necessary interventions, and through his tendency to hope for the best, and believe the best of people, rather than be prepared for all possible eventualities and worst case scenarios.

His "hope" over realpolitik has lead to disaster on many fronts, and also opened the door to people with such world-views as say the OP on this thread. - Someone still advocating for Marxist solutions, even in the face of what 100 years of experience and analytical effort has taught us about these solutions. 

Now while the OP is an extreme example, he illustrates well a strain of pathology afflicting our world today. - No doubt only one pathology out of many that afflict us, but a pathology all the same.

So the question in America is, what is it that ails us? - And a substantial portion that are not "anti-establishment" (and Sanders btw is very definitely anti-establishment) want to see above all else, just good, analytic, "real-politick" that furthers Americas interests, in general, without any more wishywashiness or experiments in "Hope".

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies