Hindu Cow Vigilantes kill Muslim Man

mr_anderson

A MUSLIM MAN has died after he was attacked by hundreds of Hindu vigilantes while transporting cows in India, police said today, amid rising tensions over the slaughter of the sacred animal.

Pehlu Khan, 55, died in hospital late on Monday, two days after a mob attacked his cattle truck on a highway in Alwar in the western state of Rajasthan.

At least 10 Muslim men have been killed in similar incidents across the country by Hindu mobs on suspicion of eating beef or smuggling cows in the last two years.
In 2015, a Muslim man was lynched by his neighbours over rumours that he had slaughtered a cow. Police later said the meat was mutton.
Muslim man killed after being attacked by hundreds of 'cow vigilantes' in India

Such murder doesn't seem to spill over by Hindu's living abroad, suggesting it's probably more of a flaring-up of local Hindu-Muslim tensions.
However stupid it sounds at present, could this become a terrorist cause of the future ?
Could we see Hindu suicide bombers targeting purveyors of Bic Macs and Whoppers ?
How long before a homegrown vegan goes postal with a knife carved from tofu or quorn ?

Socratus O' Pericles

Religion is a curse on humanity.............hopefully we are at least moving toward the time when superstitious nonsense about animals, natural phenomena and psychotic events is in the past.

gijoe

Religion is a curse on humanity.............hopefully we are at least moving toward the time when superstitious nonsense about animals, natural phenomena and psychotic events is in the past.
I'll pray to the Holy Ghost for you! :)

Levellers

Extremist Hindus (sic) have been attacking other religions on a daily basis.

Mosque demolished.

Christians attacked and murdered.

Socratus O' Pericles

The Buddhists in Myanmar are killing the Muslims too, religion is truly a divisive cancer. The worlds would be such a better place without it.

http://studies.aljazeera.net/en/reports/2016/09/muslim-minorities-peril-rise-buddhist-violence-asia-160908090547506.html

Muslim Minorities in Peril: The Rise of Buddhist Violence in Asia

A xenophobic revival of Buddhist nationalism in Burma and Sri Lanka has threatened Muslim minorities. Violence against the minority group has resulted in hundreds of Muslims dead and thousands displaced from their homes, languishing in refugee camps.

Devil Eire

That's not a great heading - I read it as the cows committing the atrocity...

milipod

[video=youtube;mj8wDtqbiYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj8wDtqbiYs[/video]

Brenny

That's not a great heading - I read it as the cows committing the atrocity...
I strongly disagree, if this thread has nothing else, it at least has one of the finest heading that I've seen on any internet forum.

Brenny

Cows fighting back, they ain't gonna take this shít no more

Socratus O' Pericles

I strongly disagree, if this thread has nothing else, it at least has one of the finest heading that I've seen on any internet forum.
My favourite headline of all time was:

"Peace Woman In Papal Bid to free Terror Granny"

...........gotcha............

Trampas

I accepted a leaflet recently from a Jehovah's Witness. One paragraph goes like this.......

This year, according to the Bible's lunar calendar, the anniversary of Jesus' death falls on Tuesday April 11. Jehovah's Witnesses invite you to meet with them on that date to listen to an explanation of how his death can benefit you and your family.

.........er.......lunacy or what ?

*EPIC SUCCESS*

I would have just shut the door on their face.
Some Jehovahs witnesses knocked at my door several years ago. Two nice old dears indeed. I politely listened then asked them what I should do if my child needed a life saving blood transfusion.

Suffice to say I didn't listen for very long.

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
I would have just shut the door on their face.
Ah, sure they're good for a laugh.

Muslim man killed after being attacked by hundreds of 'cow vigilantes' in India

Such murder doesn't seem to spill over by Hindu's living abroad, suggesting it's probably more of a flaring-up of local Hindu-Muslim tensions.
For reasons unknown to me, the Hindu diaspora, unlike the Muslim one, doesn't seem to be interested in violent extremism. But in the home country itself there is a cohort of rabid fanatics that have the potential to be just as vicious as the Jihadis...and the current Indian government seems to have little appetite for stamping it out.,

Socratus O' Pericles

Ma hat, ma coat, ma ghandi.

Patrick Ronayne

...But in the home country itself there is a cohort of rabid fanatics that have the potential to be just as vicious as the Jihadis...and the current Indian government seems to have little appetite for stamping it out.,
In some areas there are tensions similar to our own 'parading disputes' where processions by one group can trigger violent responses in another. Hindu-Muslim riots are not unusual and sometimes turn deadly.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies