HIV/AIDS nationality statistics revealed

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
For the purposes of information and to reveal the context in the rise in HIV-AIDS cases i.e. how much of it is contracted within the State and how much is due to immigration, I have decided to post some statistics from today's Irish Times as this question of national-breakdown of the statistics have often come up with almost noone in the elite prepared to discuss it because of Political-Correctness. I speak as someone whose best friend is HIV+ and has thankfully survived for almost 20 years without contracting AIDS.
Irish Times said:
...While the incidence of HIV has declined globally, it has more than doubled in Ireland since 1999, from 190 new cases reported then to 395 last year, which brought the cumulative total reported here to 5,637. Those diagnosed with HIV in Ireland last year ranged in age from 18 to 80, with a median age of 35.6. Two-thirds were men, and of 137 women diagnosed, 25 were pregnant.
HIV incidence among sub-Saharan Africans living here, which peaked at 183 new cases in 2003, has fed into the rise, as has a threefold increase in incidence among homosexual men between 2004 and 2009, from 46 cases to 138 – last year’s figure representing a rise of 42.3 per cent on the 2008 figure of 97. Most of these men (63 per cent) were born in Ireland, the Health Protection Surveillance Centre says, and they most likely acquired HIV here.
Thirty-three new cases of Aids were reported in the State last year, bringing the cumulative total to 1,038. Two people with Aids died last year, bringing the total to 414.....
New cases:

1999:
190 (of all nationalities).

2009:
Total: 395 cases:
Sub-Saharan Africans: 183 (46.29%)

In that context, should Ireland go down the American-road of compulsory health-screening of immigrants? As a gay Irish citizen I felt that it was important to post this thread so that the incorrect impression of why HIV-AIDS are rising in Ireland(instead of scapegoating gay people), can be countered.

Last edited:

corelli

Given the increase in the number of asylum seekers from sub-Saharan africa it's hardly surprising. Screening has been talked about for years and should be introduced for the purposes of treating those with the infection.

Cassandra Syndrome

For some reason the AIDS virus targets the genetics of Africans more so than other people. They reason has yet to be explained.

Horses

Are you suggesting that there are no viruses that attack the human immune system?
Nope, that is possible. Aids is very real and kills many people but it is not caused by HIV. The two HIV tests the Elisa and Western Blot both come with black box warnings that is a legal disclaimer advising doctors that the manufacturers of the tests are not to be held legally viable/responsible if either test is used in any HIV diagnoses. That alone makes them bogus.

Last edited:

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
For some reason the AIDS virus targets the genetics of Africans more so than other people. They reason has yet to be explained.
What a laugh that you can say that. You are some merchant.

The Liberal machine is responsible for every single aids case in Ireland. Thank you very much left and right liberals.

Horses

You evil Aids denialist, don't you understand that Only Gays and Blacks get Aids, according to Big Pharma and their shills. Pump them with AZT and kill em, don't worry, they're human trash so relax no one will care.

Last edited:

jcdf

AIDS originated on the African continent. It came out of the jungle somewhere. AIDS is transmitted by blood contact. That can occur through sexual intercourse, sharing of surgical syringes or by that nasty pest the mosquito that transmits blood from one person to another as the insect moves around the place-biting people. Africa has more mosquitoes than any other continent due to its equatorial latitude. African culture or lack of in some places does not encourage monogamous relationships. This encourages the spread of AIDS.

Nope, that is possible. Aids is very real and kills many people but it is not caused by HIV. The two HIV tests the Elisa and Western Blot both come with black box warnings that is a legal disclaimer advising doctors that the manufacturers of the tests are not legally viable if either test is used in any HIV diagnoses. That alone makes them bogus.
That just means that the tests are defective. It does not disprove the existence of a virus molecule called HIV.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
You evil Aids dinialist, don't you understand that Only Gays and Blacks get Aids, according to Big Pharma and their shills. Pump them with AZT and kill em, don't worry, they're human trash so relax no one will care.
+1 Horses, its only the US military industrial complex which is to blame for this. ZZZzzzz <fart>

Anyway we can cure ourselves by leaving in another 250k africans over the next 10 years, after all the real cause of aids is wacism.

Mercurial

For the purposes of information and to reveal the context in the rise in HIV-AIDS cases i.e. how much of it is contracted within the State and how much is due to immigration, I have decided to post some statistics from today's Irish Times as this question of national-breakdown of the statistics have often come up with almost noone in the elite prepared to discuss it because of Political-Correctness. I speak as someone whose best friend is HIV+ and has thankfully survived for almost 20 years without contracting AIDS.New cases:

1999:
190 (of all nationalities).

2009:
Total: 395 cases:
Sub-Saharan Africans: 183 (46.29%)

In that context, should Ireland go down the American-road of compulsory health-screening of immigrants? As a gay Irish citizen I felt that it was important to post this thread so that the incorrect impression of why HIV-AIDS are rising in Ireland(instead of scapegoating gay people), can be countered.
Your figure of 46.29% looks to be incorrect. 395 is the figure for new cases reported in 2009, while 183 is the figure for HIV in sub-Saharan African men from 2003. So 46.29% represents the new cases of HIV reported amongst sub-Saharan African men in 2003 as a fraction of all new cases reported in 2009.

Mercurial

+1 Horses, its only the US military industrial complex which is to blame for this. ZZZzzzz <fart>

Anyway we can cure ourselves by leaving in another 250k africans over the next 10 years, after all the real cause of aids is wacism.
It's okay, you can both be wrong.

Horses

If you drink water that people crap in and get cholera in most countries you would be diagnosed with Cholera but not so in Africa.

There, if you live in an Aids defined area your Cholera infection is simply attributed to Aids. They don't even bother to give the patients one of the phony HIV tests. The same goes for dozens of other diseases. They all get lumped in as Aids.

fluffykontbiscuits

Have to laugh at some of the crackpots on this site. The CDC in America even backs up the assertion that HIV leads to AIDS

Although the scientific evidence is overwhelming and compelling that HIV is the cause of AIDS, the disease process is still not completely understood. This incomplete understanding has led some persons to make statements that AIDS is not caused by an infectious agent or is caused by a virus that is not HIV. This is not only misleading, but may have dangerous consequences
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/definitions.htm

If you do your research you will see a lot of the antigens found on the coat of the HIV virus is found in people whom have developed AIDS as well. This research was carried out by I remember the University of Paderborn in Germany and if you give me a minute I'll get you a link.

Very interesting article publish online in the last hour, might be of interest to our resident racists Camp and Co...

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCEQqQIwAA&url=http://thechronicleherald.ca/Metro/1214896.html&ei=0JH3TPf6HcfBhAeJ-ezFDw&usg=AFQjCNEG9mKIDcuO9CkcPQbC9kwvy3y5GQ

Don Herron

FT, you are a racist. Yet another immigrant bashing thread by someone with little else to do (35000+ posts, obviously an Irish dole merchant). Immigrants with AIDS are welcome here.

borntorum

As a gay Irish citizen I felt that it was important to post this thread so that the incorrect impression of why HIV-AIDS are rising in Ireland(instead of scapegoating gay people), can be countered.
What incorrect impression? The figures you quote show that the level of new HIV infections amongst gay men has increased by 43% between 2008 and 2009.

As always, you're looking to stigmatise minorities, other than the ones you happen to be a member of.

fluffykontbiscuits

FT, you are a racist. Yet another immigrant bashing thread by someone with little else to do (35000+ posts, obviously an Irish dole merchant). Immigrants with AIDS are welcome here.
+1

He witters on, FT say they stopped people with Aspergers emmigrating to the US or the UK? Answer me that.....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies