HIV: The DUP's Gay Disease

theloner

Free the Paul Berry wan

enuffisenuff

so....there are no homosexuals in the DUP like?

devonish

Quite bizarre, some credit for him in being honest about his ignorance, I worry that his support for HIV awareness only came about once he realised that it wasn't just gay men who were affected. I saw Paula Bradley on the view last night she was openly critical of Sammy Wilson and came across as being quite reasonable.

oxterSniffer

If gay men want to be engage in hedonistic and risky sexual practices that is their business. But the hard facts are that men who have sex with men are hugely disproportionately responsible for the spread of HIV. It's time gay men took some responsibility for their actions. They need to accept monogamy and start using protection. But we have become so PC that no politician is allowed say this anymore.
Well said. HIV is entirely preventable if we have a culture of sexual morality. It is only because such morality has been thrown out the window by such a large percentage of the population that this becomes an issue. When we now have "queer" culture heralded as the mainstream and family values rarely promoted by comparison, then it is hardly surprising that promiscuity is in-vogue. Sammy Wilson is entirely correct in stating that other diseases should be given a higher priority, and quite right to exercise his choice in not buying a red ribbon.

Ardillaun

Well said. HIV is entirely preventable if we have a culture of sexual morality. It is only because such morality has been thrown out the window by such a large percentage of the population that this becomes an issue. When we now have "queer" culture heralded as the mainstream and family values rarely promoted by comparison, then it is hardly surprising that promiscuity is in-vogue. Sammy Wilson is entirely correct in stating that other diseases should be given a higher priority, and quite right to exercise his choice in not buying a red ribbon.
It's heartening to see such solidarity across the sectarian divide on this issue.

Mickeymac

What's all that got to do with an elected DUP political nut thinking that HIV can only be transmitted by homosexuals?

Pay attention and read the OP's before typing please.

DT123

What's all that got to do with an elected DUP political nut thinking that HIV can only be transmitted by homosexuals?

Pay attention and read the OP's before typing please.
Your new VP believes that the Earth is 5000 years old and isn't too keen on the ould homosexuality either Tommy.

You'd be better off dealing with that before worrying about NI.

devonish

Your new VP believes that the Earth is 5000 years old and isn't too keen on the ould homosexuality either Tommy.

From an Irish Catholic background too.

mac tíre

So he's just like Nelson Mccausland and a lot of the DUPers, then?

Mickeymac

From an Irish Catholic background too.

Ahh....your favorite subject.......Roman Catholicism

Said this before, to you and others, and I will repeat..........If your religion causes you to hate someone...........change it ASAP.

Mickeymac

Yet more diversion from the usual subject, stay on topic pal and/or start a thread on the newly elected VP.

collina

Hopefully someday a cure will be found for HIV. In the meantime the DUP will just have to carry on its research into a cure for homosexuality. Jesus loves us all.

theloner

Quite bizarre, some credit for him in being honest about his ignorance
Do you really think he didn't know?

Theloner doubts the toerag was ignorant on this topic. He, like many of his party colleagues would jump through the eye of a needle to make a bigoted statement. Theloner thinks he made the comment to show his ingrained hatred of homosexuals off.

Playing to the bastard gallery if you may. I used to do it in school, you know, when I was 15 or 16. A Manchester Utd supporter would ask theloner did he see the match last night and I would reply, 'Didn't even know they were playing', just to show off my ABU credentials. Fortunately football banter isn't life and death, vicious bigotry against a section of society sadly is... And these DUP people know that.

CastleRay

Quite bizarre, some credit for him in being honest about his ignorance, I worry that his support for HIV awareness only came about once he realised that it wasn't just gay men who were affected. I saw Paula Bradley on the view last night she was openly critical of Sammy Wilson and came across as being quite reasonable.
His ignorance about it is yet again disappointing, but the MLAs up there are ignorant about so much. AIDS awareness is maybe not as strong as in the past, particularly when it first surfaced, and education about it probably needs to be improved.

vivabrigada

His ignorance about it is yet again disappointing, but the MLAs up there are ignorant about so much. AIDS awareness is maybe not as strong as in the past, particularly when it first surfaced, and education about it probably needs to be improved.
Ah C'mon Ray, anyone who was old enough to read in the 80s would be well aware of HIV and AIDS..
Your post mirrors exactly what the DUP said in today's Irish News.
They laughably complain about " fury and mockery" of Trevor Clarke.
Do you work in their press office?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom