• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Hollande forced to fire Minister in charge of cracking down on tax evasion due to claims of tax evasion

Sync

Hollande forced to fire Minister in charge of cracking down on tax evasion due to claims of tax evasion

Minister in charge of tax evasion quits

Oy. Budget minister Cahuzac, in charge of the govt's crackdown on tax evasion, was fired yesterday after a formal investigation by prosecutors into his own tax affairs.

The main evidence appears to be (You guessed it Huhne lovers!) a taped conversation from 2000 where a man alleged to be Cahuzac admits to having such an illegal Swiss account. Rumours have abounded for the past 2 years that A: He had such an illegal account and B: The rumours were being started by his estranged wife.

This can run and run and run.

Embarrassing for Hollande, but the seems to have dealt with it decisively at least. The Palace were very clear that they "put an end to the duties of Jerome Cahuzac".

Ribeye

What about Hollandes secret accounts,

Any news on them yet?

Ribeye

Ribeye

"no animal shall ever sleep in a bed,

with sheets"

Lempo

Curiously, at the same time in Finland a minister sitting in a ministerial task force to combat gray economy is taking heat for being outed for having paid some repairs in her home in the dark. Once the staunchest advocate for sacking people in political offices who have had themselves compromised financially, is now willing to hold her ministerial post, she being "only a human" and all.

Picasso Republic

The French may be as corrupt as anyone else, however at least the politician has been removed.

Additionally look at the recent driving licence points issue in the UK, MPs expenses etc and compare to the issues surrounding many serving and previous TDs and the fact that they stare out any accusations, tribunal findings, court findings, are not removed, do not resign and get their full pension on retirement.

Sync

Ha. Il est vissé. He's admitted to having the account, running to around 700k.
"I was caught in a spiral of lies and lost my way. I am devastated by guilt. It was an unspeakable mistake to think that I could avoid confronting a past that I wanted to consider behind me. I will now face this reality with all transparency.
People don't become "devastated by guilt" when they get caught. The crime either causes guilt or it doesn't. Getting caught causes regret.

Popular Threads

Most Replies