Hollywoods latest take on the Easter Rising: Easter Sixteen

st333ve

Maybe if they're stuck they might throw you a few lines. It could be the begining of something extraordinary for ya!
Round these parts if you make it into the local paper you're considered a celebrity.
I was in it once, but unfortunatly i didnt think the celebrity lifestyle was for me.

If i was in this, maybe you could dress me up in disguise.
Will there be any leprachauns in the film?

Orando Broom

Indiana Jones, his friend Belgian Remy and Maggie Lemass witness Padraig Pearse (Chuck Boyle from Glenroe) deliver the proclamaton from the steps of the GPO

Catholics V Protestants....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJrovKgrTw]YouTube - Captain Planet Saves Belfast[/ame]

pootaaaytoes

st333ve

?????????????????

Ive just lost the will to live.

N

Nicola Charles

Easter sixteen/ irish support

I have enjoyed reading your measured, well informed, humorous and enthusiastic blogs on the subject of our upcoming picture. We are hoping to Produce an honest, brutal, vivid and moving portrayal of an event that changed the face of Ireland for good. We are not a Hollywood Picture and are in no way in full or part funded by any Studio. Therefore we continue to seek investment in EASTER SIXTEEN so that the work of putting this story together can be done. The claustrophobia, filth, mayhem and rubble that occurred in the GPO during those Easter days will be something we try very hard to bring justice to. It is but one story, in a complex tapestry of Ireland's extraordinary history. Should an Irish Investor at any level wish to be involved, speak now, or forever hold your peace.

pete2

Hello Bloggers,
I am a Producer on EASTER SIXTEEN. I am not Jewish, nor Irish, nor biased. I wanted to re-assure those concerned that we did indeed take this double award winning script, which is neither crap or offensive, to at least four A-list Irish actors before taking our interest elsewhere. Meetings were taken and the project discussed. But without exception "all" those who were asked to take part and offered extremely decent salaries for an Independent Production passed on this incredible piece. I sit here most days and ask myself "why?". Especially as actors of other nationalities with no axes to grind, who were themselves judging this script on the merits of the text alone attached following their first read? GUY PEARCE, IAN HART, TONY CURRAN, ALEX ETEL, ANTHONY LAPAGLIA. I am both shocked and disappointed at the lack of support for this important and moving story about such a pivatol event in Irish History by both talent and investors. It seems only Brit's and Australian's seem interested in this boat sailing at present.

Nicola Charles
I hadn't noticed this comment before Nicola, yes its a shame on the indigenous actors- political sensitivities would've entered into this. A manufactured contentiousness has arisen around the event of late. This is part of a post-nationalist culture war stirring in Ireland and europe. Personally I am wishing the production well and im sure it will do great box office in the US and abroad, particularly Germany and Ireland.

N

Nicola Charles

Easter sixteen/ irish support

Thank you PETE2 and all the well wishers for EASTER SIXTEEN. It is much appreciated and we need it.

shutuplaura

British more interested in making Films about Irish history than the Irish?

Nothing new there, one of the finest films I've seen about the Irish troubles, Hunger, was British made. so too was The wind that shakes the barley wasn't it?

Anyway, good luck with it. To hell with the begrudgers.

Dasayev

I hadn't noticed this comment before Nicola, yes its a shame on the indigenous actors- political sensitivities would've entered into this. A manufactured contentiousness has arisen around the event of late. This is part of a post-nationalist culture war stirring in Ireland and europe. Personally I am wishing the production well and im sure it will do great box office in the US and abroad, particularly Germany and Ireland.

Films have been made in the past starring Liam Neeson, Brendon Gleeson and Cillian Murphy related to that period, so I'd take that comment with a pinch of salt.

pete2

Films have been made in the past starring Liam Neeson, Brendon Gleeson and Cillian Murphy related to that period, so I'd take that comment with a pinch of salt.
This production might be more political? I can't find the script online yet but had a look around for Brendan Foley's politics and he doesn't appear to have any declared :confused: strange having grown up in Belfast 1970's no? Usually means they are small u unionists.
BumsCorner.com :: Movie & DVD news, reviews and interviews...disheveled

If you look what he says in the interview about Johnny Was (2006) it is slightly concerning.

LISTOWEL MAN

"Rebel Heart" was a romantic drama about the Irish revolutionary period.
The first episode concerned the 1916 Rising.
Not bad for a low budget production.
Liam Cunningham is the best thing in it protraying Lt. Michael Malone.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsWXID_clt8]YouTube - Rebel Heart Ep 1 Pt 1/5[/ame]
Liam Cunningham IRA trilogy
---------------------------------
Rebel Heart
The Wind That Shakes The Barley
Hunger

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies