Homeless mother and 6 children forced to sleep in Garda station.

Wascurito

The family at the centre of the homelessness controversy have been speaking about their distressing experience sleeping in a Garda station last night.

Margaret Cash, and her six children made headlines when the Inner City Helping Homeless charity posted photographs of the children sleeping on chairs in the waiting area of Tallaght Garda Station with no mattresses, bedding or blankets.

Yesterday they said they went to the homeless section of South Dublin County Council to try again to secure accommodation, but to no avail.

It has since emerged that a place was offered to her late last night but it was not suitable because it was in Co Meath and had room for just five children.

RTÉ News: Homeless family of seven forced to sleep in garda station

Update:
"Anthony Flynn, CEO of Inner City Helping Homeless (ICHH) stated that 'Margaret’s children were among 16 children to sleep in garda stations in Dublin last night'"

TheJournal: Family who spent night at garda station secure temporary accommodation after 'traumatic few days'

Last edited:

razorblade

If her predicament is so bad she would be on her knees thankful she was offered a place but she wasn't it says all you need to know what her agenda is.

Travis Bickle

The family at the centre of the homelessness controversy have been speaking about their distressing experience sleeping in a Garda station last night.

Margaret Cash, and her six children made headlines when the Inner City Helping Homeless charity posted photographs of the children sleeping on chairs in the waiting area of Tallaght Garda Station with no mattresses, bedding or blankets.

Yesterday they said they went to the homeless section of South Dublin County Council to try again to secure accommodation, but to no avail.

It has since emerged that a place was offered to her late last night but it was not suitable because it was in Co Meath and had room for just five children.

Just merrily stirring it....Palestinians, the poor, the homeless. What a champ.

louis bernard 11

Watching all this on TV news, (she says "do you know what I mean" after every sentence, and refers to the Garda station as a Police station) but I digress, my question is where is the father (or fathers) of all these children? Who by the way seem healthy, well fed and well dressed. I do wish her well and hope she finds some where suitable for her self and her brood.

bonkers

If her predicament is so bad she would be on her knees thankful she was offered a place but she wasn't it says all you need to know what her agenda is.
What happened to make you such a vile person?

Wascurito

Just merrily stirring it....Palestinians, the poor, the homeless. What a champ.
Pretty much all your replies to me these days involve projection - accusing me of having the traits that you demonstrate.

Uganda

Just heard a bit of interview with her on newstalk. I thought she said 7 kids?

Unsurprisingly the journalist didn't ask her how many father's there are and what they are doing to look after their children , if anything.

Wascurito

I don't know enough about the process or case. If she accepted a place out in Co Meath, is she then left isolated and unable to access necessary services? I doubt she has access to a car.

Fr. Ted Crilly

Get the popcorn.....the usual haters from FFG will be along soon to deflect from their dismal failure to provide social housing in this country.....:D

wombat

When you see people playing games with their kids on the media its hard to have sympathy.

ruserious

I don't know enough about the process or case. If she accepted a place out in Co Meath, is she then left isolated and unable to access necessary services? I doubt she has access to a car.
Nor condoms :roll:

razorblade

Why did she put her children into that situation in the first why did she turn down a place in Meath already I'm sure someone in such a desperate situation would jump at the chance but not her apparently now why was that do you think.

razorblade

Why does she have that many children in the 1st place if she's homeless surely she's heard of condoms.

Round tower

It does not what age she is, also it does not say how she got homeless, on the the place offered in Co. Meath being to late, what time would ithave being. She said she has being homeless for over a year, so where has she being staying up to this

bonkers

Why did she put her children into that situation in the first why did she turn down a place in Meath already I'm sure someone in such a desperate situation would jump at the chance but not her apparently now why was that do you think.
There was no room for two of her children FFS.

Half Nelson

Not to worry.
Under this FG government there will eventually be a hard plastic chair for all the children of the nation.

Leo must be so proud.