homophobia in Africa

Roll_On

It came to my attention that the African media is quite bizzarly homophobic, it put's people's lives in danger and the material is about 90% fabricated. Just look at their head lines:

"This newspaper's research now shows that a deadly disease has rocked the gay community in Uganda with dozens whimpering in untold pain and facing death. Some are being secretly flown to the United States and Britain for anal surgery to bind shattered flesh.
Our research showed that most gays meet along Jinja Road based Mateos Bar in Kampala. They usually gather at this place on Fridays for meetings and recruitment. It's here that they assess the performance of their recruitment drives and initiate new members.
During these meetings, new members are given nick names they will use in gay circles. A source said Mateos meetings are meant to target campus students who usually hang at the nightspot.

Research also revealed that graduates are the biggest targets as they are desperate for opportunities of earning a living. They are promised jobs in gay organisations, education, sponsorships abroad, monthly allowances and connections to rich gays residing in United States, Norway, Canada and United Kingdom.

The new members are also provided with gay blue movies, a list of gay websites and telephone numbers of representatives of gay organisations. At the end of every month, gays usually gather at homes of gay organisation leaders especially at Xxxx Xxxxxx's mansion in Makindye. Xxxxx is said to be Xxxxxx Xxxxx's girlfriend. At Xxxxx's place, wine is popped and sometimes, gays engage in orgies. Kasha usually hangs out at Effendy's bar in Kampala. We have accessed secret videos of top citizens enjoying steamy gay sex.

This newspaper has also discovered that most secondary schools and tertiary institutions have been penetrated by gay activists to recruit kids. One Xxxxx Xxxxxx, a resident of Kampala, and Xxxxxx Xxxxx, are said to be behind this sinful project.

The curriculum has been altered to include gay-promoting ideals with the view of brainwashing kids towards bisexual orientation. An informer said so far 10,000 secondary students have been recruited while 1000,000 graduates have been enlisted in gay organisations.

But to combat a hostile state against them, gays have now resorted to spreading their propaganda across primary chools using debate and peer clubs, sports groups, and youth incentives.
The lead funders of gay organisations are Healthy Wise in Uganda (funded by Swedish activists), Pink Therapy... [more listed]

An insider said the organisations receive funding in billions which is now used to eat in to the moral fabric of kids."

The article then goes on to list whom they describe as the “Who is who in homo world”, including descriptions of them, job details, personal information, and in some cases addresses.

Riadach

I really hope that isn't Uganda's leading investigative political newspaper.

But cue calls from individuals for us to ignore what's going on in Uganda, as they've a right to do to their citizens anything they damn well please.

USER1234

The Ugandan media (which this info is from) is quite homophobic and not afraid to publish utter rubbish to whip it reader into an homomorphic frenzy, don't forget this is the country who nutty government backed by evangelical churches and anti-gay groups (including Scott Lively co-author of the fictional book The Pink Swastika and noted anti gay activist) that wants to pass the kill the gays bill!!!!

Last edited:

Roll_On

I love how sensationalist the lies are, like gay groups in uganda recieving "billions" in funding. Their nominal GDP is a mere €12bn.

Also they've obtained "secret videos" of the orgies that take place. I know western tabloids are also full of sensationalist waffle, but come on, there's a line.

USER1234

I love how sensationalist the lies are, like gay groups in uganda recieving "billions" in funding. Their nominal GDP is a mere €12bn.

Also they've obtained "secret videos" of the orgies that take place. I know western tabloids are also full of sensationalist waffle, but come on, there's a line.
We may find it funny and of course we know it utter bull crap but its deadly to the gay people in Uganda because of the mass amount of homophobia there!!!!

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
Wow, Gays in Uganda seem really well organised. ;)

NeilW

Who's up for a pride march in Kampala then?

Nowhere near the same league but I seem to remember lurid exposés of what goes on in gay saunas in Dublin in the Sunday World when I was a kid (so only about 20 or so years ago).

There is hope for us all.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
This is obviously the dastardly Christian groups work and nothing to do with the nearly two standard deviation IQ disparity between Uganda and the developed world.

I'm no word-smith myself, but is that article the work of someone with below par intelligence or do they use some special pidgin in the Ugandan press, '1000,000'? what’s that about.

Roll on, where did you get this mag.

This newspaper has also discovered that most secondary schools and tertiary institutions have been penetrated by gay activists to recruit kids.
Maybe its their version of the Viz or something.

Riadach

I'm no word-smith myself, but is that article the work of someone with below par intelligence or do they use some special pidgin in the Ugandan press, '1000,000'? what’s that about.
All is clearly grist to your mill.

The 1000,000 is actually an error in transcription, the correct number 100,000 is found in the printed article itself.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
All is clearly grist to your mill.

The 1000,000 is actually an error in transcription, the correct number 100,000 is found in the printed article itself.
Ok, the frontpage has the error only.

fluffykontbiscuits

It came to my attention that the African media is quite bizzarly homophobic, it put's people's lives in danger and the material is about 90% fabricated. Just look at their head lines:

"This newspaper's research now shows that a deadly disease has rocked the gay community in Uganda with dozens whimpering in untold pain and facing death. Some are being secretly flown to the United States and Britain for anal surgery to bind shattered flesh.
Our research showed that most gays meet along Jinja Road based Mateos Bar in Kampala. They usually gather at this place on Fridays for meetings and recruitment. It's here that they assess the performance of their recruitment drives and initiate new members.
During these meetings, new members are given nick names they will use in gay circles. A source said Mateos meetings are meant to target campus students who usually hang at the nightspot.

Research also revealed that graduates are the biggest targets as they are desperate for opportunities of earning a living. They are promised jobs in gay organisations, education, sponsorships abroad, monthly allowances and connections to rich gays residing in United States, Norway, Canada and United Kingdom.

The new members are also provided with gay blue movies, a list of gay websites and telephone numbers of representatives of gay organisations. At the end of every month, gays usually gather at homes of gay organisation leaders especially at Xxxx Xxxxxx's mansion in Makindye. Xxxxx is said to be Xxxxxx Xxxxx's girlfriend. At Xxxxx's place, wine is popped and sometimes, gays engage in orgies. Kasha usually hangs out at Effendy's bar in Kampala. We have accessed secret videos of top citizens enjoying steamy gay sex.

This newspaper has also discovered that most secondary schools and tertiary institutions have been penetrated by gay activists to recruit kids. One Xxxxx Xxxxxx, a resident of Kampala, and Xxxxxx Xxxxx, are said to be behind this sinful project.

The curriculum has been altered to include gay-promoting ideals with the view of brainwashing kids towards bisexual orientation. An informer said so far 10,000 secondary students have been recruited while 1000,000 graduates have been enlisted in gay organisations.

But to combat a hostile state against them, gays have now resorted to spreading their propaganda across primary chools using debate and peer clubs, sports groups, and youth incentives.
The lead funders of gay organisations are Healthy Wise in Uganda (funded by Swedish activists), Pink Therapy... [more listed]

An insider said the organisations receive funding in billions which is now used to eat in to the moral fabric of kids."

The article then goes on to list whom they describe as the “Who is who in homo world”, including descriptions of them, job details, personal information, and in some cases addresses.

Absolute sickening . I wonder what the opinion is of the Ugandan embassy in the UK

Last edited:

Jezza

This is the country that had a cannibal president in my lifetime.

consultant

I think they are only performing a civic duty by high-lighting the plight of those requiring anal surgery.

It's a pity OUR media hasn't done the same and high-lighted the excesses of FF for the past 20 years!!

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
The sensational claims expressed in the Ugandan press first became popularised through the media I think by Robert Mugabe, who claimed a 'Gay Mafia' controlled Whitehall. It seemed then that that claim was enough to rebuff criticism of his regimes plunder and mismanagement. It was perhaps a dig at Peter Mandelson and a few other gay New Labour appointees, but none the less seem to bother very few in Europe.

But none the less such pronoucements in Africa have in the past been deployed for political effect, not out of any moral outrage. And before we judge too harshly lets not forget that Mugabes rants against the 'Gay British Mafia', he accused of undermining Zimbabwes economy, went almost without comment from Western observers. Were we too timid then to stand up to such bias? Was the fact that Mugabe had become the darling of the Far Left enough to insure that anti-homosexual bias went unpunished or even uncommented on?

The main issue here though is the perception of homosexuals in African culture. Mugabe, Ugandan media and some church leaders may have openly expressed views, but to what extent are such views reflective of wider societal bias throughout Africa? At the moment it is fair to say that being homosexual in most African countries is enough to warrent a death sentence or imprisonment. That is nothing new. Yet do we in Europe accept that persecution of homosexuals in Africa is grounds enough to grant gay Africans asylum? Thats not a major issue in Ireland or Europe, yet is a major issue for those in Africa under threat.

And before we go off on one about Africa, to what extent are our own liberal views deliberatly stunted and selectively aired? Africa lets not forget is also home to a large Muslim population who have never accepted homosexuality, still don't and never will. Most of Europe share that societal facet with Africa, yet we are happy enough to ignore it on our own doorsteep. In all instances we in Europe actually maintain close economic and strategic ties with those African Muslim countries, ties which are growing with absolutely no previsio of social change attached.

In our reaction to the over the top claims of the Ugandan press we are leaving ourselves open to the ultimate rebuttal, that we in the West are hypocrits. Uganda cannot be accused of that and the Arab world and its European cultural extension is not ever accused of it. So lets add cowardice to hypocrisy, because this is only an issue now that African evangelical churches have come into 'safe' focus. What a relief eh? All that time we in the West have had to keep quiet for fear of offending violently anti-homsexual Muslims.

I notice aswell that a reply has been slipped into this topic claiming Ugandans are intellectually inferior. To whom? Us? Is it a genetic thing? So lets add ignorance to the established hypocrisy and cowardice. And with all of that on board lets admit that reaction to the Ugandan press's ludicus claims is pretty much based on the same level of misinformaiton and denial of facts.

A recent (and rare) comment pirce on the widespread persecution of homosexuals in Africa:

Opinion: America Must Stand Up to Africa's Persecution of Gays

With gay sex being illegal in 36 countries in Africa, the criminalization of a way of life has made it far too hard for people simply being themselves to lead a life that every human being deserves -- one of openness, love and, yes, even sex.
... it would be nice to say that at least the piece from Ugandan media means we have woken up now, but in light of the facts, that is not true.

Last edited:

Roll_On

I think they are only performing a civic duty by high-lighting the plight of those requiring anal surgery.

It's a pity OUR media hasn't done the same and high-lighted the excesses of FF for the past 20 years!!
O ffs,

Nodin

This is the country that had a cannibal president in my lifetime.
If you mean the most famous former Royal Kenyan rifleman, I'm forced to point out that story as being just that. Of course the drownings, throwing victims out of helicopters, beating to death with sledge hammers and the rest are true, so he still doesn't get him a star on his copy book.

Sean O'Brian

The sensational claims expressed in the Ugandan press first became popularised through the media I think by Robert Mugabe, who claimed a 'Gay Mafia' controlled Whitehall. It seemed then that that claim was enough to rebuff criticism of his regimes plunder and mismanagement. It was perhaps a dig at Peter Mandelson and a few other gay New Labour appointees, but none the less seem to bother very few in Europe.
Mugabe called Tony Blair the "gay gangster of the gay United gay Kingdom" IIRC.

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
Remember...

" It is not natural for the black man to be a homosexual. It is a western disease brought here to weaken our people."

Robert Mugabe

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies