Homophobia in Eastern Europe

Mercurial

I support the ordinary Serbs standing up for their values. We in the West have embraced homosexuality, and now they are promoting homosexuality in schools and shoving gay marraige in our faces. The Serbs are not willing to make the same mistake.

At least the Serbs have the balls to burn the offices of their ruling party, something the effeminised men of Ireland and Britain would never do.
Yeah, I hate it when abstract philosophical concepts like the equal moral worth of all human beings regardles of sexual orientation are shoved my face. Really makes me want to burn stuff.

MichaelR

Can somebody explain to me how this is different to Nationalists in the North wrecking their own areas when Loyalists in funny outfits walk down the road?

Do we really want the likes of Northern Ireland in the EU?
News flash. Northern Ireland IS in the EU.

THR

The riot had also a lot to do with the tenth anniversary of the Serbian ruling party in power and the ensuing disappointment of the masses at no improvement in people's lives. It was the party HQ the protestors set on fire.

Roll_On

People should also remember that homosexuality was illegal in Ireland into the 90s.
In fairness to Ireland, our British anti-sodomy laws were not enforced at all since the 1950's and Dublin's first gay pride was in 1983.

Roll_On

I support the ordinary Serbs standing up for their values. We in the West have embraced homosexuality, and now they are promoting homosexuality in schools and shoving gay marraige in our faces. The Serbs are not willing to make the same mistake.

At least the Serbs have the balls to burn the offices of their ruling party, something the effeminised men of Ireland and Britain would never do.
ah Celtic would ya gowann ourra that.

eoghanacht

Are you the new political officer stormfront sent over to warn us race traitors?

Roll_On

Are you the new political officer stormfront sent over to warn us race traitors?
Nah, give him a few more posts I'd say he's an experienced fisting enthusiast hoping to warn us of the potential hazzards in the practice and then relate the practice to marriage equality, that seems to be the MO of a new line of trolls comming off the conveyor belt.

Riadach

Have you been force-invited to gay weddings?

Will people stop leaving the door open, they're letting the stupid in.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

I support the ordinary Serbs standing up for their values.
Since when has "Death to Homosexuals" become a value?

We in the West have embraced homosexuality, and now they are promoting homosexuality in schools and shoving gay marraige in our faces. The Serbs are not willing to make the same mistake.
"our faces" - are you speaking for a group or is it MPD and what mistakes have been made that the Serbs must stand against? Respect for human rights, tolerance, equality..?

Ah yes, the values system of death, destruction and misogyny. Where would the world be without them I say? :rolleyes:

Next time you have a brain-fart CD, take it outside the classroom.

TommyO'Brien

The Serb government must be brought in an asked what measures are they drawing up to prevent incidents like this from spilling into a bloodbath.

The attacks are alledgedly orchestrated by neo nazi groups, this wasn't a few yobs rioting for the craic. If it wasn't for the bravery of the Serb Police we could be faced with multiple deaths on the streets of Belgrade.

You might not think this is a concern but i do.
The homophobic attacks were appalling. To be fair though the Serbian police did stand up to the bigots, unlike in places like Russia where the ex-Mayor of Moscow was a bigoted homophobe themselves.

The whole of Eastern Europe is extraordinarily homophobic. Two striking phenomena in Ireland in recent years are firstly the number of gay Poles who came to Ireland to get away from the homophobia in Poland (which is extreme), and secondly the homophobia of some elements of the Polish community in Dublin. The gay community in Dublin has been warned on occasion by the guards to be on the look-out for some gangs of Poles who used to hang around near The George and other places looking to start attacks on gay people.

I suppose part of the problem is both the power of a particularly conservative reactionary version of Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity to be found in Poland and parts of Eastern Europe, and often the aggressive homophobia promoted by some of the Communist states - something which was always ironic given how Communist leaders used to famously kiss each other on the lips!

fluffykontbiscuits

We all know who was back of the class in school!petunia

White Horse

Oh dear, the gheys are inciting people to violence by existing again, how dare they exist.
The march was orchestrated to cause violence. That was a tactical decision by the organisers.

The right-wingers were too stupid to see this and reacted as the organisers anticipated.

This has the beneficial effect to the Serbian homosexual lobby of painting all their their detractors as violent homophobes. The thousands who took part in a peaceful religious demonstation the previous evening will be ignored and the western world will now visualise all anti- homosexual agenda demonstators as skinhead fascists.

This is the political reality of what happened.

Riadach

The march was orchestrated to cause violence. That was a tactical decision by the organisers.

The right-wingers were too stupid to see this and reacted as the organisers anticipated.

This has the beneficial effect to the Serbian homosexual lobby of painting all their their detractors as violent homophobes. The thousands who took part in a peaceful religious demonstation the previous evening will be ignored and the western world will now visualise all anti- homosexual agenda demonstators as skinhead fascists.

This is the political reality of what happened.
Oh christ! If the 'Homosexual lobby' had attacked the previous religious parade with violence, would you have accused that parade of being orchestrated to cause violence? This really is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen you write. Your bigotry clearly blinds you.

White Horse

Oh christ! If the 'Homosexual lobby' had attacked the previous religious parade with violence, would you have accused that parade of being orchestrated to cause violence? This really is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen you write. Your bigotry clearly blinds you.
I'm afraid it is your bigotry that blinds you.

I'm not criticising the homosexual march. They have every right to march and it was a huge political victory for them.

They are a lot more intelligent than their knuckle-dragging skinhead opponents.

Riadach

I haven't accused any group of orchestrating violence. I merely have supported a group that is exercising their right for free speech, which I don't view as a provocation.

I'm not criticising the homosexual march. They have every right to march and it was a huge political victory for them.

They are a lot more intelligent than their knuckle-dragging skinhead opponents.
But you believe people went out that day with the intention of having their skulls smashed?

eoghanacht

Eh, but you did criticise them.

Here:

You can't win with some people.

White Horse

IBut you believe people went out that day with the intention of having their skulls smashed?
The only skulls that were going to be smashed were those of the skinheads.

The marchers had the protection of the police.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies