"Homosexuality linked to pedophilia" says Pope's no 2

Twin Towers

It's about access. The high proportion of victims being teenage boys, or younger, is a consequence of teenage boys being easy pray for male teachers and priests.
It's not about access. Teenage boys are of no sexual interest to heterosexual men.

eoghanacht

Priests are "on the job" 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Everyone else gets to engage in their little perversions outside working hours. Different standards of accountability.
Utter crap.

Are you trying to suggest that child rape is a "little perversion" and is a matter of "Different standards of accountability"??

Twin Towers

Big house
Big car
Lots of peace and quiet
Fraternal banter
Intellectually stimulating
Free trips to Rome
Lots of tea and buns
Personal satisfaction
No ironing
No housework
Free meals/taxi rides/GAA tickets/pints
Balls. It's a miserable life taking on everybodys problems and spending your life celibate and alone.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
More vicious lies from a Church whose complicity in abuse is beneath contempt and renders much of its aparatus a giant paedophile-ring. Societally, at least 83% of paedophile-victims are female, so that argument is not only bogus but grossly, insanely offensive. The gay community have joined the Jews, women and other minorities as the latest scapegoats of a discredited Church. :roll:

The reason why the majority of victims of clerical abuse are male is because of opportunity created by same-sex access to children by paedophiles of the same gender, arising from historical gender-segregation in Church institutions.
twin Towers said:
It's not about access. Teenage boys are of no sexual interest to heterosexual men.
You have the wrong end of the stick. The issue is that paedophiles gravitate to activities that bring them into contact with children - including the clergy. If the clerical-run institutions were gender-integrated, I believe the percentage of female victims would have been far higher. It was the gender-segregation - combined with men being 95% of sex-offenders - that led to most clerical abuse victims being male. This is proven by the fact that in society as a whole, over 80% of child-abuse victims are female.

This smear from the Vatican is especially hurtful to homosexual victims of clerical child abuse.

Last edited:

eoghanacht

It more looks like it is homosexuals who are backward looking, hate-filled and reactionary. There seems to be no hate like homo hate ever present on these pages.
So by your view people who think the Cardinal is not only wrong but out of order are "backward looking, hate-filled and reactionary".

We couldn't be as i am, a hetrosexual catholic disgusted by the actions of the church fathers?

G

Gadjodilo

Take a look at the Polish tragedy thread here amongst the very first responses are people taking glee at the death of the president.
Okay. I don't need to since I've seen it on gay forums too. I'm not proud of those people although I wouldn't call them backward looking or reactionary - just hate-filled, and unforgiving. They're not typical of the gay community - I'd say for every contributor who did take glee, there is one other who recognised it for the tragedy it was.

It's one aspect of liberalism I've always felt uncomfortable with - the opprobrium directed against those who don't accept its values. Liberalism - like every ideology - needs to explain itself.

liamfoley

Can't imagine it a very attractive career option for anyone.
Maybe, maybe not. However there is the issue, mentioned by some, that there is a disproportionately high number of homosexual men who are priests. This might be an exaggeration, it maybe be based on no more than 'anecdotal' evidence but it is part of a larger picture. A picture that has had people remark on the psychosexual development of candidates for priesthood. Donald Cozzens (on the left wing of the Catholic Church and an expert on seminaries and the men who study in them) has remarked for many years now that a majority of candidates for priestly orders are psychosexually underdeveloped, many are of confused orientation. This is, I believe, the real problem. Priesthood has become a haven for immature psychosexually underdeveloped men. I have a distant relation, a man who was a bachelor and who entered seminary late in life, defiantly confused in that area. A rather sad, pathetic figure.

Last edited:

Portstewart

Massimo Introvigne

*The Charges Against the Church for Paedophilia. *

[....]According to research by Philip Jenkins, if you compare the
Catholic Church in the United States to the main Protestant denominations you discover
that the number of paedophiles among Protestant pastors ranges - according to
the different denominations - from two times to ten times the number among
Catholic priests. This goes to show that the problem is not celibacy,
since most Protestant pastors are married. During the same period of time in which a hundred or so American priests
were condemned for sexual abuse of minors, almost six thousand teachers of
physical education and coaches of juvenile sports teams were tried and
found guilty of the same crime in US courts [...] And although it is politically incorrect to mention it, there is an even
more revealing statistic: over 80% of the paedophiles are homosexuals. And - once
again citing Jenkins - over ninety per cent of the Catholic priests convicted of sexually
abusing minors are gay [--]
Massimo Introvigne, one of Rome's lickspittles. :mrgreen:

Massimo Introvigne is a leader of the radical right-wing "counter-revolutionary" movement called Alleanza Cattolica - the Italian "sister" of the Brazilian cult called Tradition, Family and Property (TFP). However, what is most important is that the material we published showed how CESNUR's "research" is carried out in such a way as to delierately promote the policies and ideological goals of this movement.

http://www.kelebekler.com/cesnur/eng.htm

Little suprise he is spinning the line that homosexuals are to blame and Protestants are ten times worse. :lol:

Mary Frances

The medical definition of paedophilia is when an adult has a sexual preference for prepubescent children. Therefore, I guess in many of the cases that are currently in the public domain, paedophilia (spelt pedophilia in the U.S.) is not the correct term.

"Predatory homosexual" or "homosexual rapist" would seem to be a more accurate description for the culprit when the male victim is 13 or more

Last edited:

corelli

Pedophilia is not linked to celibacy, that is a fact. But what I want to know is did he say that pedophilia is linked to homosexuality or did he say that sexual abuse by priests is linked to homosexuality. It is a disturbing fact that such a high proportion of victims are teenage boys and this might be a valid point to discuss but let us at least get what he said right before we try and execute the man.
It's the catholic church we are talking about here. Totally male dominated and alter girls are only a recent invention. Any surprise, really, that boys were abused in the majority.

liamfoley

It's the catholic church we are talking about here. Totally male dominated and alter girls are only a recent invention. Any surprise, really, that boys were abused in the majority.
Facts will be our friend to verify if that is true. Girls have been unofficially acting as servers in many countries since the 1980s if not earlier. They are now officially permitted. If it is a matter of access then the number of girls abused should have risen since they were commonly seen on altars. I maintain that most of the abuse is my those who are confused about their orientation, this is a consequence of a society that has failed to help young men define their 'maleness,' for want of a better word.

SKELLY

jeez, the church seems hell bent on destroying what little credibility they have left, seems the whole organisation has pressed the self-destruct button.

Breadan O'Connor

The medical definition of paedophilia is when an adult has a sexual preference for prepubescent children. Therefore, I guess in many of the cases that are currently in the public domain, paedophilia (spelt pedophilia in the U.S.) is not the correct term.

"Predatory homosexual" or "homosexual rapist" would seem to be a more accurate description for the culprit when the male victim is 13 or more

Yes, paedophilia refers to attraction to prepubescents,(usually 13 or under). Therefore a man who has sex with a girl aged 14 to 17 can be called a heterosexual and the word "homosexual" can be used for a man who has sex with boys aged 14 to 17.

I know some have introduced the word "ephebophile" but IMO that is just blurring the definition.

slx

It's like they've got a spade and an inability to stop digging.

He is trying to defend the raping of children. These sickos who did this were pedophiles. Any trying to fudge the issue is just ridiculous. It is a criminal offense in Ireland to gave sex with someone under 17. These "men" not only attacked teens they are also plenty of cases where they attacked young children.

His comments are sickening and beneath contempt!

cgcsb2

Take a look at the Polish tragedy thread here amongst the very first responses are people taking glee at the death of the president.
I was so happy when I heard :lol: I was sitting in a café with RTÉ news playing in the background, I'l always remember where I was.

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
By whose definition?
I would imagine under the definitions of sexuality and sexual preferance demonstrated by behaviour. Its an uncomfortable issue, but Priests are human too, so what bars them from being homosexual or having differing sexual preferances? Taking priestly vows has certainly not barred them from proforming acts of sexual abuse. So once that rubicon is crossed and that fact accepted, does the priest go back to being celibate?

Lets get down to the nitty gritty here. Priests A,B and C. Priest A only ever abused girls, B abused boys and C abused both genders. A = Heterosexual, B = Homosexual and C = bisexual. Now any of A,B or C may be either peadophiles or ephebophiles, but those terms only refer to the age, not the gender of those they abuse. Expressing a preferance for gender (or no preferance at all) does require a seperate term and thus one can be given.

Does a man being a homosexual make that man a pervert? In the terms of a liberal progressive and inclusive society, no. But under the terms of the catholic church, yes. But that is a matter for them. The overriding issue here is sexual abuse of minors, not the sexual orientation of those carrying out the abuse. However wider society cannot deny that Priests are not themselves sexual creatures with sexual preferances like everyone else.

The Catholic church must come clean and the abusers bare full responsbility for their actions. That being brought to account is however a matter for civil law. Beyond that the Cathoic church must get its house in order and will do so under the terms of its own cannon law. That is going to happen and has no decernable effect on wider society as far as I can see. That the Catholic church is biased against homosexuals is nothing new. It is something they share with the majority of organised faiths worldwide. Its illogical, naive and way to late in the day for anyone to be cherry picking what terms they do and do not want to refer to sexually active priests by. Whether they abuse or not they are after all human.

White Horse

While Catholics have been searching their souls and questioning why so many of our faith have abused children, homosexuals have taken a different path.

They have buried their heads in the sand and refuse to question the role of homosexual priests in the abuse of children.

I don't know if there is any link between homosexuality and paedopehlia. I don;t know if being a homosexuals makes one more likely of being attracted to children.

However, of one thing I'm sure, homosexuals do not questions themselves or each other.

Look at the way homosexuals wrapped their arms around Cathal O'Searchaigh when the story broke about his fondness for schoolboys.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies