Honohan called in to Morning Ireland on Thursday - Richard Crowley

He3

The interview on Thursday's Morning Ireland was initiated by Patrick Honohan. Stripping away the last of the government's credibility, the Governor clearly could stay silent no longer.

Richard Crowley revealed that Honohan initiated the interview during his own interview with Brian Lenihan today.

Desperate stuff.

Tomas Mor

This was Lenihan's car crash interview. I suspect FF and Biffo are not happy with Honohan. He has done the state some service as governor of the central bank.

breakingnews

I noticed this. I noticed that Ned O'Keefe gave out about Honohan getting involved in politics.

He's in resigning territory.

Mushroom

This was Lenihan's car crash interview. I suspect FF and Biffo are not happy with Honohan. He has done the state some service as governor of the central bank.
Honohan for Taoiseach?

If FG run him in Dublin South, he'll top the poll - even of all of the silly menopausal biddies there persist in giving boyish Tom Kitt their number ones.

Barnacle

The interview on Thursday's Morning Ireland was initiated by Patrick Honohan. Stripping away the last of the government's credibility, the Governor clearly could stay silent no longer.

Richard Crowley revealed that Honohan initiated the interview during his own interview with Brian Lenihan today.

Desperate stuff.
Jez, I missed that bit. Well, fair play to Honohan, guess he just didn't want to see this farce play out any further.

Honohan for Taoiseach?

If FG run him in Dublin South, he'll top the poll - even of all of the silly menopausal biddies there persist in giving boyish Tom Kitt their number ones.

Its just wonderful to see how advanced Irishmen are in their regard for women. One wonders who then votes for the shower of thick ugly short legged baldy old farts that represents the Irish male to a tee in Leinster House.

Oh, it must be the men so. :roll:

FakeViking

I noticed this. I noticed that Ned O'Keefe gave out about Honohan getting involved in politics.
He has a valid point. It's not Prof Honahan's job to make statements like this, it's the Minister's job. If Honahan doesn't like it he should resign, that would blow Lenny away immediately.

breakingnews

He has a valid point. It's not Prof Honahan's job to make statements like this, it's the Minister's job. If Honahan doesn't like it he should resign, that would blow Lenny away immediately.
It's a good point, but I think his resignation will only worsen confidence in the country. In another era, he'd be told to resign.

Dreaded_Estate

The head of the CB has a legal mandate to ensure the stability of the Irish financial system and for the liquidity of the banking system.

If he felt that was being put under pressure by the politicians spin he had to act IMO.

Goldencircle

Same people would be giving out if he said nothing.

Time for proper protocol is long past

Indy-pendant

Heard this brought up before on the day of the Honohan interview. Thought it strange that he was the one initiating the call, but I thought that Lenihan's reaction to it this morning was venomous... interestinger and interestinger

Mushroom

[/B]

Its just wonderful to see how advanced Irishmen are in their regard for women. One wonders who then votes for the shower of thick ugly short legged baldy old farts that represents the Irish male to a tee in Leinster House.
But Harney isn't bald.

Tomas Mor

It will interesting the stories the likes of Honohan and others will have to tell the historians. It appears things became so bad that "gallant allies in Europe" had to start leaking to the media in order to "move things forward"

Chrisco

It's a good point, but I think his resignation will only worsen confidence in the country. In another era, he'd be told to resign.
It shows what a sorry state of affairs Fianna Fail have brought the country to.

He3

The head of the CB has a legal mandate to ensure the stability of the Irish financial system and for the liquidity of the banking system.

If he felt that was being put under pressure by the politicians spin he had to act IMO.
+1

droghedasouth

ECB decided Friday 9 days ago that they would not accept any more delay by the Irish government. Prof Honahan is a member of that board.
Cowen and Lenihan still believed they had a hand to play despite White Flag Thursday - September 30th.

Honahan acted as head of the Irish CB and a member of the ECB board to put an end to the charade.

If Lenihan doesn't like it, he should resign, but that would not blow Honahan away immediately. Cowen and the other deadbeat liars would be the only casualities

Simbo67

ECB decided Friday 9 days ago that they would not accept any more delay by the Irish government. Prof Honahan is a member of that board.
Cowen and Lenihan still believed they had a hand to play despite White Flag Thursday - September 30th.

Honahan acted as head of the Irish CB and a member of the ECB board to put an end to the charade.

If Lenihan doesn't like it, he should resign, but that would not blow Honahan away immediately. Cowen and the other deadbeat liars would be the only casualities
I think that if Honahan went, it would probably bring down the government.

New Threads

Most Replies