Honohan says proposed Gov policy package is one that IMF would want to see

spotty

From twitter.

Excuse Spotty. He's off to withdraw all his money from the bank.

Simon.D

What the feck was olli rehen doing here yesterday if we are handing the keys to the IMF?????????
Mr. Rehen had the keys? .Obviously He had to give them back so we could give them to the IMF...

Asparagus

Before Spotty runs off, he'll just post this:

FT Alphaville » Markets Live

Look at 11.25.

When Spotty comes back from the bank, he's going to consider founding a rebel alliance. Discuss amongst yourselves.
Neil Prenderville can be Han(d)s Solo
And we have a Millenium Falcon Spire

baton down the hatches

HarshBuzz

overreaction I think

my read is that Honohan has garbled his message which is that "the 4 year plan and budget will be in line with IMF recommendations"

not that we aren't screwed already!

OceanFrog

" ... that with Irish bonds at record wides vs bunds...there is UNCONFIRMED
market chatter that Ireland is in talks with the IMF over a possible deal.
- I would expect yields and CDS' would have to get much wider than we are at
currently before the IMF would get invovled. But just be aware that it is
out there."

OceanFrog

Dont worry lads, Lenihan said today he is "absolutely" sure the country will not need to seek a bailout from the IMF and European Union. Link.

Phew! I was worried for a minute there ...

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Financial Regulation: Risk and Reward
Address by Governor Patrick Honohan toInternational Financial Services Summit 2010

[ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/41853345/Speech-Address-by-Governor-Patrick-Honohan-to-International-Financial-Services-Summit-2010-10-November-2010"]Speech - Address by Governor Patrick Honohan to International Financial Services Summit 2010 - 10 November 2010[/ame]

owedtojoy

What the feck was olli rehen doing here yesterday if we are handing the keys to the IMF?????????
Word is he was brought in by the Government to tell the Opposition to put up and shut up about the budget, or they will get shafted with the blame when the ECB & IMF ride in.

Anorakphobia

eu will not allow imf into a eurozone country on its own
Correct

We are undoubtedly heading for a Greek style bail out from EU to allow us tap cheaper funds than international markets believe we deserve.

Watch Lenny in a master class of fibbery say "it's a massive vote of confidence in how we are conducting our affairs"

The one thing Ireland has in its favour right now is that Germany has a recovery of some sort underway and they wont let a tiny country of incompetent leprechauns jeprodise that even if the price is a few billion.

Asparagus

Correct

We are undoubtedly heading for a Greek style bail out from EU to allow us tap cheaper funds than international markets believe we deserve.

Watch Lenny in a master class of fibbery say "it's a massive vote of confidence in how we are conducting our affairs"

The one thing Ireland has in its favour right now is that Germany has a recovery of some sort underway and they wont let a tiny country of incompetent leprechauns jeprodise that even if the price is a few billion.
pixy irish f*cks is actually the correct name for us in germany

Mossy Heneberry

Actually that's not in our favour at all. If Germany's economy recovers, inflation will rise and the ECB will put up interest rates, putting increasing pressure on us.

No matter which way you look at it, we're screwed.

Ah Jaysus, dis wouldn't have happened on my watch. Always willing to serve...meself primarily but I ams de state after all...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies